Looking for Ideas on where to take our Holiday Christmas Card Photo

pemberly

Earning My Ears
Hi - looking for some ideas on a cool place to take our holiday photo. Last time we went, we did the "in the front of the castle" photo at MK and I had everyone wear red shirts and added in some Santa hats for that "Holiday" effect.

Since this was just a few Christmas' ago, I am looking for some ideas on a new location so people don't say "didn't I already get this photo from them?":confused: Going in October and going to all 4 parks so any ideas are appreciated. :idea: Thanks!

Hi - looking for some ideas on a cool place to take our holiday photo. Last time we went, we did the "in the front of the castle" photo at MK and I had everyone wear red shirts and added in some Santa hats for that "Holiday" effect.

Since this was just a few Christmas' ago, I am looking for some ideas on a new location so people don't say "didn't I already get this photo from them?":confused: Going in October and going to all 4 parks so any ideas are appreciated. :idea: Thanks!

DHS.

In front of the "It's a Wonderful Shop" Christmas Shop, near Pizza Planet.

It features snow on the ground, a sled, etc. out in front.
You can see a snowman to the far right of the photo.

Its-a-Wonderful-Shop.jpg

How about in front of the big fireplace at WL? Or really pretty much anywhere inside WL lobby. It has that wonderful wintery, log cabin feel. Although, I have to say I love Robo's suggestion! I don't know how I've managed to miss this existence of that shop. On this list to check out for the next trip. :thumbsup2

We've taken holiday pictures: poolside at our resort, making sure the background contains pure Disney. A family-character photo. Center of Main Street in MK as you first enter the park (theentire Main Street is the background). Since you'll be there at Halloween, look around and see what is unique to that time frame. During special celebrations in past years we'd take ours under one of the banners or signage. There is a neat fiberglass winter staging of the classic Disney characters just inside Downtown Disney on your left as you enter--you can stand in your shorts with the "snow" on the ground :wizard:

pemberly said:

I took two couples and two children last year. I took their picture at the entrance to each park and then did all four in a frame for each of them. They loved it and it cost me very little, but was priceless to them.

Grab a tissue; one couple is my next door neighbors and the other couple and their children moved in when Alex got deployed to Afghanistan for 8 months. Holly and Alex and I had been planning for a long time, but when I snagged free dining we could all go. We already had two rooms, so the other couple's expenses were very low.

Last month, they got married, and posted the collage of pictures at the entrance to the venue; I burst into tears. It was so wonderful, not only for them to ask me to their special day, but to share their special vacation with everyone else.

We've gotten GREAT pictures with Mr & Mrs Clause in Epcot and used them for our Christmas card.
We also had taken great pictures in different places all around Epcot that we had considered (since my kids are so young we went with the Santa photo).

My suggestion is take as many pictures in as many spots that you love with your Christmas card in the back of your mind. When you get home sort thru them and pick your favorite. Most of all have fun and make magical memories, that's;)

Laurie

P.S. I'm such a sap, I'm starting to cry just thinking about doing our holiday card at Disney again this year!

DHS.

In front of the "It's a Wonderful Shop" Christmas Shop, near Pizza Planet.

It features snow on the ground, a sled, etc. out in front.
You can see a snowman to the far right of the photo.

Its-a-Wonderful-Shop.jpg

I vote for this idea :santa::love:

I tried one year to take one in the sleigh in front of the Christmas shoppe in the MK. The kids did not cooperate and they turned out terrible, but I still love the sleigh.

How about in front of the big fireplace at WL? Or really pretty much anywhere inside WL lobby. It has that wonderful wintery, log cabin feel. Although, I have to say I love Robo's suggestion! I don't know how I've managed to miss this existence of that shop. On this list to check out for the next trip. :thumbsup2

Love that idea, WL is my fave! We like to use a pic with us and a character that is special to us or hard to meet.

Whenever we've been at WDW during holiday time we get a pic with Santa at MK. He is awesome and looks so authentic. Hopefully my pic of my 17 year old son and Santa shows up...

Photo0405FourBySix.jpg
[/IMG]

I am just praying for 1 *JUST ONE* photo where we all look presentable, somewhat fit, coherent, pleasant (non-annoyed is good enough) and aware of the camera. If this MIRACLE OF CHRISTMAS occurs in front of the scary clown slide when we stroll through BWI, that'll do. :rotfl:

BackstoryWorthy said:
I am just praying for 1 *JUST ONE* photo where we all look presentable, somewhat fit, coherent, pleasant (non-annoyed is good enough) and aware of the camera. If this MIRACLE OF CHRISTMAS occurs in front of the scary clown slide when we stroll through BWI, that'll do. :rotfl:

Thanks for my daily giggle!

I was thinking at blizzard beach - get everyone in a red swimsuit
either in the sleigh or with the snowfamily

I like the 'cute Christmas scene in front of the Christmas shop at DTD. It has Pluto, Goofy, Mickey, Donald and a Christmas tree with a banner that says "Happy Holidays." Your family can pose in the scene...

I always take our Christmas card photos at the Winter Summerland Mini Golf near Blizzard Beach. TONS of photo ops! My favorite one I took is on the summer side. Santa is buried in the sand so all you can see is his hat and boots. Both of my kids are laying on the ground next to "him" with their heads down on his belly. Made a GREAT card!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter