Looking for ideas for son

Ajbro44

Earning My Ears
I know this is last minute. We leave for Disney in less than 2 days. my wife made an appointment for my DD at the BBB for this coming Saturday. I'm looking for something special for my son to do while they are there.
I've looked into The Pirates league and its booked on the day we are going to the MK.
Are there any suggestions?
Thanks in advance

Build a lightsaber or play Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom are a couple of ideas.

Sorcerers never came to mind. (I'm obviously distracted) I'll look into that a little more. Thank you

Where could we build a light saber?

You can build a light saber at DHS. My DS loves Sorcerers and the Pirate adventure in Adventureland. We once did all 5 adventure maps and then got a "prize" in the shop by POTC. It was really fun!

If they have availability and your DS is interested, they also have a "prince" package at BBB

Last edited:
How old is your son? As a mother of four sons and one daughter I have to be honest my boys would just want to ride rides while their sister was getting dolled up, but for them Disney is all about the rides, always has been probably always will.

How old is he? If young then maybe take him over to Tom Sawyer Island for some guy play time. I also like the Sorcerer's idea if he's old enough.

^^Tom Sawyer for father/son time is the first thing I thought of, too! Lots of cool caves, rickety bridges to walk over, etc.

Let him pick a pirate themed shirt/bandanna from the Pirates gift shop and then do the pirate adventure thing?

Do they still do hair gel designs at the Harmony Barbershop? If not, a dad & son haircut at the shop, though seeing as your trip is coming up quickly you probably don't need one. Even though they accept appointments, DH often has his cut as a walk in, sometimes with a short wait.

If the girls are doing BBB at Disney Springs, you could go to Goofy's Candy Company and do a make-your-own treat. Both my kids have loved this since they were young - and they're college-aged now!

My son is 8 and it's his first trip to DW. So I'm sure he will be up for whatever. These are some great ideas and thank you all for the suggestions.
The Tom Sawyer suggestion is interesting. It's actually the first thing I thought of when my wife made the BBB appointment. However the making your own light saber option intrigues me.
Maybe we will do sorcerers. I'll just present the options and let him decide. After all it's his time.

Thank you all again.

Since your daughter and wife will be at Disney Springs for BBB, there is indeed a store there where your son can do the build-a-lightsaber and also build-a-droid. The store is called Once Upon A Toy and it's far less crowded than the one at Hollywood Studios. It would also allow you all to ride together and then split off your separate ways to do the special child-specific activity. :) Your daughter might enjoy the Scorcerer's card game at MK so I don't know that I'd do that without her at least knowing about it! Another idea (or in addition to building a lightsaber) is to take your son up in the big hot air balloon at Disney Springs.

Since your daughter and wife will be at Disney Springs for BBB, there is indeed a store there where your son can do the build-a-lightsaber and also build-a-droid. The store is called Once Upon A Toy and it's far less crowded than the one at Hollywood Studios. It would also allow you all to ride together and then split off your separate ways to do the special child-specific activity. :) Your daughter might enjoy the Scorcerer's card game at MK so I don't know that I'd do that without her at least knowing about it! Another idea (or in addition to building a lightsaber) is to take your son up in the big hot air balloon at Disney Springs.

I don't believe the OP said they would be at the Disney Springs BBB, I have assumed they would be at the MK BBB since they also referenced MK.

I don't believe the OP said they would be at the Disney Springs BBB, I have assumed they would be at the MK BBB since they also referenced MK.

Good point, I missed that! I think my eyes were reading "DD" as "DTD".

OP, in that case, I guess I would suggest either the Scorcerer's card game or Tom Sawyer Island...BBB doesn't take that long, so you'd really want to stay in MK if that's where they'll be.

My DS loved the Sorcerers card game at MK and wanted to really dive into more. Must have been inspired by his love of Pokémon cards. He also loves building his own light saber, of course my girls did too, but I second those two ideas.

I don't know how old your son is. We had a few trips when our daughter was in her princess phase where she would do BBB and CRT. I would let my son choose what or where he wanted to go. One time we went to Animal Kingdom so he could ride Everest and Dinosaur again. After they upgraded Star Tours with the random scenes we spent the morning riding that after TSMM. Another time we explored the MK. He pulled the sword out of the stone. This was when there was no show. People were pulling and posing and when he went up the sword pulled out, not all of the way.

If your son is old enough why not ask him what he wants to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter