Looking for healthy easy dinner ideas

This is one of my favorites and its SO easy:

Salsa Chicken:

Boneless skinless chicken breasts (I cut each breast into 2 to 3 pieces depending on how big they are.

Place in casserole dish.

Pour on the whole jar of your favorite salsa. Regular is awesome, as well as varities such as newman's peach or pineapple.

Bake covered at 350 until done (? 35 min).

Serve alone, with rice or salad, veggies... whatever

I make this all the time , but I put it in the crockpot so dinner is ready when I come home from work

I make this in the crock pot all the time. I serve over whole grain rice. Cook all day in the crock pot on low.

I also make the Salsa Chicken a lot in the crock pot, but I add black beans and corn as well... served over rice is delicious!

Tonight I made Wasabi Soy Salmon and Roasted Asparagus. This meal is super easy and very healthy.

Wasabi-Soy Salmon

Combine 1 tsp wasabi paste, 3 tbls light soy sauce, 1 tbsp sugar (or Splenda), 1/4 tsp molasses and 1 tbsp of sherry. Reserve half.
Grill 16 oz of salmon filets about 3-4 minutes on each side, basting each side with half of the wasabi mixture.
Serve with the remaining wasabi mixture as a dipping sauce.

Roasted Asparagus

Slice the bottom tips off 1 bunch of asparagus, rinse and dry.
Place in a shallow roasting pan and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste.
Place in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes, stirring halfway through.
Remove and sprinkle with balsamic vinegar and/or parmesan cheese.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter