• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Looking for GOOD, I mean GOOD pizza in Atlanta region

Really? I've driven past the Marietta one tons of times and it has always looked... like not a place I'd want to eat! :laughing:

Some of the best food is found in complete dives. :rotfl:

The Midtown location is new and shiny. We don't order by the slice --- we always get a whole pie. It rocks!

My favorite hidden gem is Steverino's in Duluth, GA. There was one in Athens when I was in college and let's just say that between their awesome pizza and unbeatably delicious meatball subs, I survived my college years at UGA quite well. I am just super happy that there is one closer to home than having to go all the way to Athens for a great pizza.

http://www.steverinosduluth.com/pizza.html

Really? I've driven past the Marietta one tons of times and it has always looked... like not a place I'd want to eat! :laughing:

Where is it in Marietta? Sometimes those dives have the best food.

ETA: Just looked at the Marietta location. Have to laugh...must have driven past it a million times. Will definitely put this one on the list to try along with the others suggested in this thread.

Our fav pizza in Duluth area since Zappollis shut down- Rudy's NY Pizza. It rocks my socks! I will have to try the Steverino's someone else posted now! We love pizza in our house! lol

I am not a pizza expert by any means. And I have not eaten much pizza recently, but I really do like Nancy's Pizza in Buckhead on Peachtree. I love their deep dish pizza. It is called Chicago style, but I have never eaten pizza in Chicago, so I don't know how Nancy's deep dish pizza compares with others.

It is a very small restaurant that replaced a Krispy Kreme Donut Shop when it went out of business. They also deliver.

I'll have to try everyone else's suggestions sometime, too.

I do love Mellow Mushroom pizza and Everybody's pizza since the 1960's.

Both used to just be whole in the wall type "joints." Especially Mellow Mushroom on Buford Highway with its old outdoor picnic tables and counter service with stools. It was a big deal when they built a screen porch around the picnic tables. But the I.R.S. built over it a long time ago. And Everybody's Pizza at Emory University on North Decatur Road used to have that great beer smelling, pizza joint smell back in the 60's.

Spilled beer, no air conditioning, hot nights of the 60's Summers. Where has the time gone?

Let me know what you think of Nancy's Chicago Style Pizza if you try their deep dish pizza. Especially the crust. I can usually only eat two slices of the medium because they are over an inch thick full of cheese and what ever else that you want to add.

I have to second the Nancy's Pizza suggestion. I am originally from the Chicago area and we actually had a Nancy's Pizza close to where I lived so we went there quite a bit. I searched and searched for a Chicago style pizza for years after moving to Atlanta and was so excited to find Nancy's! They are by far the best if you are looking for a stuffed pizza. I haven't tried the thin crust yet.

Also, if you go to "halfoffdepot" you can get a $25 gift certificate for $12.50 for the Midtown location. I don't have enough posts to add a link yet.

Enjoy!

Athen's pizza is the best, IMHO.
I like Fellini's too, never been a Chicago pizza lover though.
There is also a place in Tucker that is similar to Fellini's, but I can never remember the name, darn it!

But try Athens - they have other stuff there too. Try the Greek potatoes - YUMMY!!

I have to second the Nancy's Pizza suggestion. I am originally from the Chicago area and we actually had a Nancy's Pizza close to where I lived so we went there quite a bit. I searched and searched for a Chicago style pizza for years after moving to Atlanta and was so excited to find Nancy's! They are by far the best if you are looking for a stuffed pizza. I haven't tried the thin crust yet.

Also, if you go to "halfoffdepot" you can get a $25 gift certificate for $12.50 for the Midtown location. I don't have enough posts to add a link yet.

Enjoy!

I totally FORGOT about Nancy's! They used to be on Restaurant.com but they had such limited times and dates I gave up on them. The food was AWESOME!

Here is the link for halfoffdepot: http://halfoffdepot.com/atlanta/catalogsearch/result/?q=nancy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter