Looking for Good Chocolate

Discussion in 'Cooking' started by poohbear158, Apr 6, 2006.

1. poohbear158

poohbear158 DIS Veteran

Looking for opinions on where to buy some tasty chocolate for Easter this year. Good chocolate is hard to find these days and I'm wondering what brand of chocolate other folks like. The one that I like the most so far is Sarris.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mrsmom

mrsmom <font color=green>Drinks P.C.'s in the C.C. at P.I

I buy chocolate here is cincinnati at a place called Graeters , mThey have a website and have the best chocolate easter candy!!!
    Kim

4. Twigs

Twigs <font color=deeppink>DIS Cast Member<br><font colo

I have never had Sarris chocolate, I am not even sure if I have seen it. If I don't get my things from a local shop that makes everything themselves and has great chocolate, I usually get Dove.

5. cryssi

cryssi <font color=blue>Kabocha<br><font color=green>Look

www.josephschmidtconfections.com

You might have seen them on the Food Network. My mom LOVES (and I cannot stress that enough) the Slicks, which are thin discs filled with truffle filling. Excellent chocolate, you have to pay for shipping but they ship overnight or something like that and it's not really too much. :)

6. Queenie

Queenie Mouseketeer<br><font color="green">Will wear a lim

Whenever I have sent Cadbury's chocolate to friends in the USA they go crazy for it (it is the "standard" chocolate brand in the UK, like Hershey's to you.) If you can find any, give it a try!

7. josanna

josanna Earning My Ears<br><font color=9966ff>Josh Hartnet

I don't love chocolate, but when I want some, I like Dove chocolates. They're available practically everywhere, inexpensive and really good. The milk chocolate eggs are to die for. They also make Valentine's hearts (in season). MMM.

8. Honeybehr1

Honeybehr1 Mouseketeer<br><font color=red>Hey I was a newlywe

I buy my chocolate from a local place. I buy Sugar free for me and my mom and DH loves the milk chocolate chocolate covered raisins.
    www.sweenorschocolates.com

YUM

9. mrsboz

mrsboz DIS Veteran

I like Dove's, Lindt and Ghiradelli's. I was thinking the same thing. I am thinking of buying some of these and putting them in a nice serving dish.

10. princess jackson

princess jackson DIS Veteran

Another Cadburys fan here.

UK has orange flavoured chocolate, Terry's love this too.

11. aynt79

aynt79 "Men seldom, or rather never for a length of time

I love Lindt truffles (any flavor). I normally hate any other kind of truffles, but these are amazing. Their boxed chocolates are pretty good too, but I don't really care for their candy bars.