• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Looking for FUN/EASY Ideas for Daughter's Graduation Party...

TwinMom7

Proud Mom of a United States Marine
I'm finalizing plans for DD's graduation party on the 29th. I've got the cake and chicken ordered. I'm doing potato salad, cole slaw, baked beans, veggies and dip - the standards. I'm also planning to do a watermelon boat.

Any other ideas for fun/easy/tasty ideas for a bunch of teenagers, and an even bigger bunch of beer drinking adults???

Thanks for your help!!

Sounds like fun! How about nachos and a nacho dip? I have 2, one hot & one cold and both are very good.

HOT-
Use a medium sized glass pan. Spread cream cheese over the bottom of the pan. Cover with salsa. Top with shredded cheese. Pop in the microwave until the top cheese melts. Very easy, and very good!

COLD-
Mix 1 packet of taco seasoning, 2 blocks of cream cheese, and 1(I think its a pint, the regular size tubs) sour cream. Use that as the bottom layer(you can use a tin foil pan for this). Cover that with a jar of salsa. Then put a layer of shredded lettuce, a layer of chopped tomato, a layer of shredded cheese and a layer of sliced olives. This is more work than the other, but it also makes more. Its very good and it always goes fast at the parties.

Tortilla rollups are always good. There are many variations of these filled with cream cheese and other ingredients. Or a snack mix...We always enjoy spicy and/or salty foods with beer.

Have a great time!
Candi

Chex mix
"Face First Dip" & tortilla chips
Meriweather's Pasta Fruit Salad (recently posted)

Face First Dip
2 pkg cream cheese (the lite works fine)
8oz sour cream
1 - 2 c salsa
Mix all & chill. Dip white corn tortilla chips in it to eat. I usually use my hand blender to pulverize the salsa (I use Chi-Chi's mild).

d

Ham Roll ups.

These are easy to make and everyone loves them.

Scallions
cream cheese room temp.
boiled ham sliced thin

Clean the scallions and leave whole. Cream the cream cheese. At this point you can add a little hot sauce if you like. Half of our family likes the hot sauce and the other half does not. Form a ball of cream cheese around the onion end of the scallion. Then take a piece of the boiled ham and wrap it around. Thats all it takes. Simple and easy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter