Looking for Feedback on Ohana

We are trying Ohana for the first time in January. I've read so many glowing reviews and a lot of horrible reviews LOL! It seems to be a love/hate type of place. I figure we won't know unless we try it for ourselves. I say keep the ADR! :)

'Ohana is really good, it used to be on our must-do list for every trip, although we're not going this time. It's the exact same food every time and the same experience, so this time we're doing Spirit of Aloha instead, as we like doing "new" things.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We love Ohana been going every yr since 2005!!!

Sept 2013 Poly, 2012 Disney Fantasy, BC CL, GF CL, POR, 2011 Poly CL, CR, Poly CL, AKL, 2010 Poly CL, ASMu 2009, SSR 2008, Pop 2006, POR , Asmo 2005, Asmo 2003, offsite 2000, 1999,1989, Poly 1980, offsite 1979

Twice was enough for us.. Both awful experiences....loud, food terrible, service worse... We're done with it... Others experiences will vary!

I Love Ohana, WE where there different times, but the last time it was horrible!
The food was cold, our waiter don't talked to us. It was very crowded and extremly cold....Never again!

I will say in all our visits we had two not so great but the type of food, amount of food & ambiance if the resort plus the fact we tend to stay stay at the Poly resort makes us come back.

Had one experience where meats were dry due to over grilling ( easy to do) than another with bad service (happens everywhere) but most of our visits have been great! Doesn't matter why time of yr you go this restaurant is busy!! Part of the charm I guess

Sept 2013 Poly, 2012 Disney Fantasy, BC CL, GF CL, POR, 2011 Poly CL, CR, Poly CL, AKL, 2010 Poly CL, ASMu 2009, SSR 2008, Pop 2006, POR , Asmo 2005, Asmo 2003, offsite 2000, 1999,1989, Poly 1980, offsite 1979

What is the feedback for Ohana. Heading to DW in December and only reservations open are 9pm. Is it worth it to eat such a late dinner?
Traveling with my DW, and 2 DD. 12 & 19.
Thanks for your feedback !:wave2:

Some people like it, others don't. Some feel that the quality has diminished over the years, while others don't feel the same. I think there may already be an existing thread with a similar question about Ohana.

In summary, some people love it and others are not fans at all. Go figure. Same basic result as any restaurant review. This is one of those restaurants that is definitely worth at least one visit if you've never done it before...if only to judge for yourself. I happen to love it, but DW and DD8 and DD11 are on the fence. We like to spread the love among different restaurants when we go anyway, so not many repeats from one trip to the next, but I'm patiently waiting for a return trip to Ohana! I don't mind loud and busy, as that usually tells me that it is fun and popular. Good entertainment for the younger kids, with the coconut races and the roaming ukelele player/host.

It is a foregone conclusion that with the approach to the main meal (i.e., meat on a stick...mmmmmm!), there is a decent chance that, if you are a steak lover, it might not be cooked to your ideal preference. You can ask all night long for medium, rare, well-done, whatever, and you're going to get whatever is on the stick in the waiter's hand (if you stumble across a piece of steak cooked to perfection, then consider it a bonus!). As a general rule, I imagine it will be more "done" than a lot of adults might like it, but that is the safer route for a restaurant to take. Thus, if you're going for a high quality steak cooked to order, this is not the place for you. If you go in with reasonable expectations and acknowledge that they are cooking everything for the masses (sort of like a buffet, but they bring it all to your table), then you're likely to have a very enjoyable time!

That makes me feel better because the earliest time we could get is 9:20 pm but we are all excited to try it for the first time after 10 WDW visits. 6 more days :-)

Wishes is usually at 9, not 10. I suggest watching from the beach and then going up to your reservation

Whenever we are there "wishes" is at 10:00. I always make my reservation at 'ohana at 9:00- 9:15 so we can watch while eating dessert.

sanapunk said:
Wishes is usually at 9, not 10. I suggest watching from the beach and then going up to your reservation

As a cast member I can assure you that Wishes is usually at 10PM. The only exception to this recently was on July 3rd and 4th when it was at 9PM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter