looking for extra special

firsttime04

Earning My Ears
restaurant for my 40th birthday whilst in orlando.......spending the day at discovery cove so am needing advice on somewhere special to round the day off..........a work colleague recommended bahamabreeze..... anyone else????
many thanks as always
10 days n counting:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

It will be a really special meal here it is a lovely resturant, very big portions. You will be able to have a shower at discovery cove. ::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo

LANDREYS

Lake buena Vista

excellent place, portions HUGE, service excellent

Jules

This is always a hard subject to cover because a "special meal" means so many different things to different people. Quite how "special" are you looking for?

While I'm a huge Bahama Breeze fan, I'm not sure I would put it in the catagory of "extra special". Great Atmosphere, good food and a reasonable price would be what I think best describes BB.

With DC being a very extra special day in it's own right, and potentially quite a tiring one I'm not sure I would advise trying to hit an expensive meal on top of that day. IMHO any really nice meal would pale into insignificance compared to the day you've had, the food at DC is pretty good in it's own right (you may not be ready for another large meal) and the timing may not work. IMHO it's a shame to feel you have to leave DC at a certain time in order to be able to shower/change before making a restaurant reservation at a certain time. DC is a very relaxing day and I think putting a time schedule into the plan detracts from the day at DC. I would pick another day for an extra special meal for the Birthday if I were you. For a nice relaxed atmosphere, good food at a great price I would give strong consideration to the Olive Garden as an option after DC. You could go straight from the park (which has excellent shower facilities), don't need to dress up, if anyone in the group is tired, it doesn't matter if you get through the meal quickly as it's not an expensive place to go.

Depending on where you're staying and group make up there are plenty of great options if you decide to make it another day. If you're staying on I-Drive and plan to visit Universal I could strongly recommend either Emeril's on the City walk or Tchoup Chop in the Royal Pacific Resort. Here's a link to Emeril's website, you can get information on either restaurant here ( http://www.emerils.com/restaurants/orlando/index.htm )
If you're staying on/near Disney there are a number of excellent options. We REALLY enjoyed the Outback Restaurant (not the same as the chain) in the Wyndham Resort at DTD. Shula's or Palio's at the Swan/Dolphin are also excellent choices. I like Benehana's at the Hilton on DTD, it's a Japanese Tepanyaki counter where the chef's prepare the food on a hotplate in front of you. It's like a cabaret as well as great food. Then there's a large number of upscale (and expensive) restaurants in the various Disney hotels. Flying Fish, Victoria and Alberts, Grand Floridian Cafe, Citricos, Narcoossee's ,Yachtman's Steakhouse, Jiko's and Artist's Point would all fit the bill of "Extra Special".

Also consider the Gaylord Palm Hotel, wonderful food and Primo in the Marriot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter