Looking for extra silver lanyards

Silstone

Mouseketeer
Reaching out to the DisFamily! Sister decided (last minute) to ditch the church and marry on the Dream this October. Yes, in 4 months. Wondering if anyone has extra silver lanyards they would be generous to send me for the 25 first time disney cruisers attending the wedding. Hoping to expand the DCL family. Any amount would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Why not order custom lanyards with Sis' wedding info printed on them? There are plenty of online places that i'm sure you could get 25 or more at a reasonable price. :goodvibes

Why not order custom lanyards with Sis' wedding info printed on them? There are plenty of online places that i'm sure you could get 25 or more at a reasonable price. :goodvibes
I agree. I think that's a much better idea. :)

I know I am in the minority in my opinion and will surely be flamed for this (But don't bother, as I'm not going to try to defend my views further here as I'm not looking for a fight and won't subscribe to this thread - lol), but I don't think it's right for those who have not sailed the required number of times on DCL to wear a silver, gold or platinum lanyard. Even when my DH sailed with me (his 1st DCL) in a Cat. T suite on the Fantasy, I gave him a non-CC DCL lanyard to wear instead of one of my platinum ones. I just don't believe in misrepresentation. ;)

Sure, the lanyards are cheap (I personally don't like them as I prefer my more comfortable nylon cord one), but the colors have a significance to the DCL CMs who say "Welcome back" or instantly recognize that you've sailed at least 10 times or whatever for your level, and may start a conversation about your previous cruises, etc. They were designed with that in mind. The fact that many people have been handing out their accumulated CC level lanyards like candy have made them totally insignificant. Again, just my opinion and I've kept it to myself all this time that the common practice of giving away (or even selling) extra CC lanyards has been going on. But the request for 25 of them at once triggered my response. I do realize that the majority here couldn't care less. :sad2:

I know I am in the minority in my opinion and will surely be flamed for this (But don't bother, as I'm not going to try to defend my views further here as I'm not looking for a fight and won't subscribe to this thread - lol), but I don't think it's right for those who have not sailed the required number of times on DCL to wear a silver, gold or platinum lanyard. Even when my DH sailed with me (his 1st DCL) in a Cat. T suite on the Fantasy, I gave him a non-CC DCL lanyard to wear instead of one of my platinum ones. I just don't believe in misrepresentation. ;)

Sure, the lanyards are cheap (I personally don't like them as I prefer my more comfortable nylon cord one), but the colors have a significance to the DCL CMs who say "Welcome back" or instantly recognize that you've sailed at least 10 times or whatever for your level, and may start a conversation about your previous cruises, etc. They were designed with that in mind. The fact that many people have been handing out their accumulated CC level lanyards like candy have made them totally insignificant. Again, just my opinion and I've kept it to myself all this time that the common practice of giving away (or even selling) extra CC lanyards has been going on. But the request for 25 of them at once triggered my response. I do realize that the majority here couldn't care less. :sad2:

Guess I'm in the minority as well & you'll get No Flames from me...

I agree too. It makes us feel special when the cast acknowledges us. It reminds me of the Incredibles movie… when Syndrome says he is going to sell his superheros inventions, so then no one will be super. If we are all wearing the lanyards, no one will be special.

Whatever you decide is fine… just my opinion:hippie:

Guess I'm in the minority as well & you'll get No Flames from me...

I agree too. It makes us feel special when the cast acknowledges us. It reminds me of the Incredibles movie… when Syndrome says he is going to sell his superheros inventions, so then no one will be super. If we are all wearing the lanyards, no one will be special.

Whatever you decide is fine… just my opinion:hippie:

I am in agreement with all of you too. It's like a right of passage receiving the Castaway Club lanyards. We earned them!

Anyway, I think ordering custom lanyards that commemorates the wedding is a great idea. :thumbsup2

I am in agreement with all of you too. It's like a right of passage receiving the Castaway Club lanyards. We earned them! Anyway, I think ordering custom lanyards that commemorates the wedding is a great idea. :thumbsup2

Agree with all of this. Custom lanyards are a great idea in this case! And for other newbie cruisers, inexpensive lanyards are easy to find if you MUST have lanyards. It's starting to feel like kids' sports tournaments where everyone gets the same trophy regardless of placement with all the "I don't want them to feel left out!!!" brouhaha about lanyards.

It's starting to feel like kids' sports tournaments where everyone gets the same trophy regardless of placement with all the "I don't want them to feel left out!!!" brouhaha about lanyards.

Dug,
Brilliant analogy.

I guess I am in the minority because I am amazed that people really have a problem with this. I guess I don't even remember looking at anyone elses lanyard to see if or what color they have. I figure this fellow DISer just wants to do a nice thing for her family trying to include them into the Disney family.....I think it's a nice gesture and if OP still wants a few lanyards PM me and I think I have 2 silver here at the house and we leave in a week or so for another and will have 1 silver and 3 gold.....just let me know.....Happy to do it. We just end up throwing them away eventually so it would nice to see them used again. If the personalized ones aren't too much $$$ I'd sure do that....seems like a really cute idea. Again....just let me know. :hippie:

I guess I am in the minority because I am amazed that people really have a problem with this. I guess I don't even remember looking at anyone elses lanyard to see if or what color they have. I figure this fellow DISer just wants to do a nice thing for her family trying to include them into the Disney family.....I think it's a nice gesture and if OP still wants a few lanyards PM me and I think I have 2 silver here at the house and we leave in a week or so for another and will have 1 silver and 3 gold.....just let me know.....Happy to do it. We just end up throwing them away eventually so it would nice to see them used again. If the personalized ones aren't too much $$$ I'd sure do that....seems like a really cute idea. Again....just let me know. :hippie:

THANK YOU!! I take no offense to people's opinions, but yes, was trying to include them in the family. Honestly, I'm a recent gold and my sister and future husband are recent DCL addicts cause of me. I recently threw a few away and now regret it.

Again, was last minute decision, people are rushing to book cruise, airfare, pet boarding, etc and we just thought it would be a nice gesture.

I agree that if someone is cruising DCL for the first time they shouldn't wear a CC lanyard. For one thing, CMs look for that and if they see that a guest is a return cruiser by their lanyard will start a conversation with something asking about which ship they were on before. That is awkward because the 25 newbies would have to say it was their first time and someone in their party just gave it to them. CMs may actually be on the lookout for people without CC lanyards because they probably need more assistance onboard finding their way around. If I cruise with a first timer in my room, they won't get a CC lanyard even though I am platinum. It's just the way the system works.

I do agree that getting a special lanyard done for the wedding guests would be something nicer than CC lanyards.

Ditto those that concur with yoU :) :thumbsup2

PS...the customized ones are available with a minimum purchase of 50-100 and are $150-200. Lanyards are resourceful on the cruise but no where else.

I'm with you.

OP - may have a couple. PM me.

I am in the everyone does not need a trophy camp. Custom lanyards would make me feel more a part of the wedding group not something that means "return cruiser"

I'm glad that this thread came up because there was something that I saw on a previous cruise that really got my goat. It was boarding day and I saw a CM go up to a family with gold lanyards and welcome them back. The family chatted with the CM for a bit and when he walked away, they all burst out laughing because they were pretending they were on the ship before and only had the lanyards because other members of their family gave them theirs.

I'm glad that this thread came up because there was something that I saw on a previous cruise that really got my goat. It was boarding day and I saw a CM go up to a family with gold lanyards and welcome them back. The family chatted with the CM for a bit and when he walked away, they all burst out laughing because they were pretending they were on the ship before and only had the lanyards because other members of their family gave them theirs.

To me, it is also in the same vein of people who get medals for races they didn't finish - whether they started and were unable to or worse yet just bought the thing off EBay. They are called finisher medals for a reason.

Likewise, the lanyards signify the general number of cruises you have been on. I would be willing to bet that some of these people who get the silver, gold, or platinum lanyards by means other than earning them by cruising and wear them on a first cruise would be among the first to whine and complain that none of the crew helped them get anywhere.

See, now that's rude and I can understand your anger on that case. The guests mainly older relatives who may never use their lanyards again. Kids will be getting special kid ones and their parents may already have some disney ones. I never would have made this request if I thought anyone would use them with ill intentions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter