Looking for Disney friends in the Southeast

sjs0509

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone!

I'm new to the forums but I haven't seen a recent thread for anyone in he Southeast. I'm currently in North Carolina and would love to connect with hose in this region on all things Disney. Whether it be bouncing off ideas for planning trips or just bonding over our similar interest in the mouse, it would be wonderful to know some Dis folks!

Hope to hear from you!

triad area in NC. welcome to the DIS!

there are a lot of resources on this website...just takes a while to figure out where everything is... :)

SC Lowcountry here. Anyone going in January? I'm not mouse obsessed, but super excited about DS's first trip and our first family vacation longer than an extended weekend.

Triangle, here! Also somewhat new to the area due to grad school. Hooray!

We are leaving in three weeks for a sleepover at Mickey's and I can't wait.

Wonderful to meet you all! I have a trip coming up in approximately 10 days (not that I've been counting...) I just extended my trip an extra day actually and have been pondering what to do. Favorite non-park related activities anyone?

NC here too!

sjs0509, when you say non-park-related, do you just mean not visiting any of the parks? If I had an extra day with no plans, I'd probably wander around Downtown Disney, or - if staying onsite - spend time relaxing at the resort, or tour some of the other resorts.

NC here too!

sjs0509, when you say non-park-related, do you just mean not visiting any of the parks? If I had an extra day with no plans, I'd probably wander around Downtown Disney, or - if staying onsite - spend time relaxing at the resort, or tour some of the other resorts.

Yes that is exactly what I mean! I'm still pondering if another day in the parks/water parks might be better but it will be my last day before driving back. I think ideally I would like for it to be a bit more chill!

Yes that is exactly what I mean! I'm still pondering if another day in the parks/water parks might be better but it will be my last day before driving back. I think ideally I would like for it to be a bit more chill!

How many days long is your trip before you add the extra day? If it were on the shorter side, another park day might make more sense, but if you're already going to be there a while, a 'rest' day sounds really nice. :)

SC Lowcountry here. Anyone going in January? I'm not mouse obsessed, but super excited about DS's first trip and our first family vacation longer than an extended weekend.
Lowcountry here too! Beaufort, SC. :thumbsup2

Welcome to the Dis, OP! :goodvibes

It all depends on how long you're staying, in the past when I've gone on week long trips, I've upgraded my ticket to add the 7 or 8th day, compared to how much you're paying for you're vacation, it's nothing really.

To me its worth it, even if it I just get to go to MK for a couple of hours.

How many days long is your trip before you add the extra day? If it were on the shorter side, another park day might make more sense, but if you're already going to be there a while, a 'rest' day sounds really nice. :)

It's a quick trip. My sister is meeting me down there and we are doing a day in Universal (at her request) and a day in Disney. She will have to leave Saturday but I extended until Sunday. The more I think about it, I can't help but think what a nice day it would be to roam the parks solo. It's tempting!

It's a quick trip. My sister is meeting me down there and we are doing a day in Universal (at her request) and a day in Disney. She will have to leave Saturday but I extended until Sunday. The more I think about it, I can't help but think what a nice day it would be to roam the parks solo. It's tempting!

If you only have one other day in the parks, I'd go for another park day for sure! Even if you just take it easy, you'll have a great time exploring things at your leisure :)

SugarSweetLee said:
If you only have one other day in the parks, I'd go for another park day for sure! Even if you just take it easy, you'll have a great time exploring things at your leisure :)

I agree! I'd love to have a solo park day to do exactly what I want to do without worrying about making sure other people are happy.

Have you ever done a solo park visit? If not and you have the chance, do it.

I did a solo trip after my divorce, it was so much fun to do what I wanted to without having to discuss it with anyone else and do what someone else wanted to do.

don't get me wrong, I love going with people, but sometimes just roaming on your own is so much fun.

Have you ever done a solo park visit? If not and you have the chance, do it.

I did a solo trip after my divorce, it was so much fun to do what I wanted to without having to discuss it with anyone else and do what someone else wanted to do.

don't get me wrong, I love going with people, but sometimes just roaming on your own is so much fun.
I love reading stuff like this! I'll be there for my first solo visit next month, just 32 days from now! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter