Looking for Discovery Cove discounts..........

MarthaJr.

DIS Veteran
Does anybody know of any discounts that are valid during April?

Are there any hotel/dc package deals?

I've been googling and researching and am coming up empty. Help!!!!

TRUST ME I have been searching for DC codes and non exist right not past March. Though a DC rep called me on the phone to tell me that summer promotions are being worked on. The new reef area is not open yet and won't be until June. They aren't saying WHEN this new reef opens exactly so my bet is once this date is announced there will be discounts prior to the opening date. There are NO discounts now. I get my best info from this group by friending them on FACEBOOK.

The only discount I know of for Discovery Cove, is if you have a season pass to Seaworld, Busch Gardens, or Aquatica! IF you are a member this is the deal, but you have to be a member, or going with a member that can book them for you! Hope it is ok that I copied and pasted it!

Special 2011 Pass member rate for Discovery Cove!

$169: Dolphin Swim Day Resort Package
$69: Day Resort Package
Your Dolphin Swim Day Resort Package includes:
A reserved 30-minute dolphin interaction*
Snorkeling with thousands of rays and tropical fish plus hand feeding exotic birds in a free-flight aviary
Continental breakfast, freshly prepared lunch and unlimited snacks, drinks and select alcoholic beverages Lockers, sunscreen, snorkel gear, changing facilities plus all day self parking at Discovery Cove.
*Packages are available with and without the Dolphin Swim Experience.
Offer valid for 1 Year, 2 Year and Platinum Pass members and up to 6 guests. Limited availability. Not valid with any other promotions or offers. Member must be present and show membership card at time of check in to receive rate. Pricing is for one-day admission to Discovery Cove. Reservation does not include admission to SeaWorld, Busch Gardens or Aquatica.

So if I buy only 1 season pass to Seaworld for $117 w/ tax I can purchase up to 6 additional admissions to DC for $100 less per person than the advertised price?

I could save over $300 .....seems too good to be true. I will have to look into this further. Hmmmmm....

Yes, and you can actually do the EZ payment plan! This is what we did, we knew were going back 2 years in a row, so we paid $22 month, for the last year! I check in the under the members sight and it shows the specials there! I just booked 4 DC days under mine, for friends that are coming with us. But remember it doesn't include your seaworld,aquatica, & busch gardens!

Yes, and you can actually do the EZ payment plan! This is what we did, we knew were going back 2 years in a row, so we paid $22 month, for the last year! I check in the under the members sight and it shows the specials there! I just booked 4 DC days under mine, for friends that are coming with us. But remember it doesn't include your seaworld,aquatica, & busch gardens!

Help me out here, greenclan. My brain is spinning on this! I was on the fence about DC in June 2011. NEED the 199 swim discount that they at times run. This would include a free trip to SW. If I read your post right, I can buy a 1 year pass for Seaworld that allows me to purchase DC tix for my party of 3 at the discounted rate. HOWEVER the other members of my party could not get into SW for free correct> This is just to get them into the door of DC. To get into SW they would need to opay while I use my pass to get in free.

As a passholder at SW would I be entitled to discount passes for SW for the other members of my party? How about discounts on tours? thanks!

One more question......Can I purchase my DC tix online after I purchase my SW annual pass? Or....do I have to call to make the reservation? I didn't really see anywhere on the DC site for annual pass members.

Help me out here, greenclan. My brain is spinning on this! I was on the fence about DC in June 2011. NEED the 199 swim discount that they at times run. This would include a free trip to SW. If I read your post right, I can buy a 1 year pass for Seaworld that allows me to purchase DC tix for my party of 3 at the discounted rate. HOWEVER the other members of my party could not get into SW for free correct> This is just to get them into the door of DC. To get into SW they would need to opay while I use my pass to get in free.

As a passholder at SW would I be entitled to discount passes for SW for the other members of my party? How about discounts on tours? thanks!

Yes, If you buy a SW annual pass, you can buy the discount tickets(up to 6 people) for DC. $69 for non swim, and $169 for the swim. It DOES NOT include unlimited admission for SW,AQ, BG, like the full price tickets!

As a passholder for SW you can get $8 off each ticket (buy one, get the 2nd day free) YOu also get 10% off on tours, and if you are an adult buying the annual pass, you don't pay parking fees at the park, that your annual pass is at. Which is eithier, $12 or $13 each time!

What I did, was do the annual passport, on the EZ pay plan x's 3 people which is $22 month, billed directly to my credit card. This was last March, on the 13th of March this year, they will rollover, until I cancel it! You are only committed for a year, after the year on the EZ plan they roll over, and you can cancel them at anytime! As much as I hate to, we will be cancelling ours after this trip, as we won't be back for possibly 2 years, :sad1: due to obligations with our house that need to be done!

I am not sure what happens after you buy the tickets online, but I would assume, the number on the paper ticket you print would be your barcode number!
YOu then will go to seaworld website, and under the right hand side where it says stay connected go to passport members, and put in your barcode number, and your zip code (if postal code cdn, don't leave any spaces) it will show you as an active member, and you can but the DC day through there. I did this for my niece and her family, I went through the whole process put it on their credit card, had the email sent to me, and forwarded it to them! They actually booked the Seaworld & Aquatica ticket combo for 14 days use with theirs!

Any other questions just ask away!

How do I find out what days the ap discount is good for? Does it include May? Never mind I found the info on Seaworld site. I figured that buying the pass would save me about 200 dollars. Not a bad deal. If we wanted to go to Sea world it wouldn't be that great a deal because I would have buy 3 more tickets to Seaworld. We don't really have the time to go to SW unless I add another day to our trip. We have SW in so cal anyway. I think I might become a annual passholder to Seaworld.

Do you think the SW DC discount will be there a while?> The best deal for me is the 199 swim they ran last summer....I am hoping for that THIS JUNE but if it doesn't materialize then this AP rate is good but I too would need to get 2 more tix for SW but there is a discount code that saves you 25% off each SW ticket. So each additional adult ticket would cost around 54....But then I get the free parking. Does DC charge for parking do you know? If so, is it free with the SW ticket? So if my math is right - Annual Pass Ticket 117(is there tax on this or is that with tax do you know?) but I save 90.00 a person on DC (my day to go it is 259 regular). So I am ahead of the game 282 w/ parking but then I have to buy 2 sw tickets for 108. So my savings is around 150...Does this seem right?

Parking is included at DC! I don't think it matters which day you pick! The only thing I would worry about is the time of year you are going will probably be busier, so as they start to fill up, they will not have as many days allocated for that price! I am not sure if tax in included on their prices or not, but I believe it is! Being that you have a SW in so cal, could you not buy it for there and still get the discount for DC through that, at least then you might use it again!

Mousesavers says there is a FL resident discount AND a GA resident discount. But, when I got to the DC website it only shows FL resident discounts.

Anyone know if there is a GA resident discount?

Can someone with a SW AP tell me what the rates are for June if you have an Annual Pass? Our week in Orlando will be June 16th-21st....I am debating on buying an AP in place of one adult ticket to save on the cost of DC? My husband thinks our dates would not have the price that was quoted earlier in this thread...I have searched but cannot find anything that tells me for sure! I even called but the SW telephone operator acted as though I wouldn't really have a huge savings. Thanks for any help you can offer!

This is exactly what the website says, so when you have an annual passport for SW you will be able to go online and sign in under your passport and get it for this price!

I have copied and pasted what the website under the annual passport says.......

Special 2011 Pass member rate for Discovery Cove!

$169: Dolphin Swim Day Resort Package
$69: Day Resort Package
Snorkeling with thousands of rays and tropical fish plus hand feeding exotic birds in a free-flight aviary
Continental breakfast, freshly prepared lunch and unlimited snacks, drinks and select alcoholic beverages Lockers, sunscreen, snorkel gear, changing facilities plus all day self parking at Discovery Cove.
Offer valid for 1 Year, 2 Year and Platinum Pass members and up to 6 guests. Limited availability. Not valid with any other promotions or offers. Member must be present and show membership card at time of check in to receive rate. Pricing is for one-day admission to Discovery Cove. Reservation does not include admission to SeaWorld, Busch Gardens or Aquatica

Ok thanks...that makes sense I just wanted to be sure there weren't black out dates or dates it didn't work for before I changed all my plans!

No problem, it sucks when you can't see what the discounts are until you buy a passport. I wouldn't have known that discount was there, but I knew our trip was getting closer so I started checking it once a week, and it was there! Good luck!

Now I was on here this morning and they have changed it. YOu have to book by Feb 28th, and here are your discount prices. I have copied and pasted them!

Qty.
Dolphin Swim

Dolphin Non-Swim

2 and under Package

Click to Hide Operating Schedule

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Select Month/Year for Availability: Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec Jan 2011 2012 2013
Do you have a promotional code?
Please use the box in the upper right to search. One moment please while we build your reservation.

Click on the available date to start the reservation process.
(Prices reflect per person rate for dolphin swim package. Prices subject to change without notice.)

< June 2011 >

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat

$229
$119

$229
$119

$229
$119

$229
$119

$229
$119

$229
$119

$229
$119

$229
$119

$229
$119

$229
$119

$229
$119

$229
$119

$259
$139

$259
$139

$259
$139

$259
$139

$259
$139

$259
$139

$259
$139

$259
$139

$259
$139

$259
$139

$259
$139

$259
$139

$259
$139

$259
$139

$259
$139

$259
$139

$259
$139

$259
$139

Here is what it says under the AP now:

Pass Member Appreciation Days at Discovery Cove through February 28, 2011!

Continental breakfast, freshly prepared lunch and unlimited snacks, drinks and select alcoholic beverages, Lockers, sunscreen, snorkel gear, changing facilities plus all day self parking at Discovery Cove.
Offer valid for 1 Year, 2 Year and Platinum Pass members and up to 6 guests. Limited availability. Not valid with any other promotions or offers. Member must be present and show membership card at time of check in to receive rate. Pricing is for one-day admission to Discovery Cove. Reservation does not include admission to SeaWorld, Busch Gardens or Aquatica.

Ok thanks, this is what I was told by Sea World when I called about my dates...they had said that I would only save 30.00 per ticket and that's what these prices reflect. Thanks again for your help and the info.

This sounds like an especially good deal if your traveling with a group. Can you tell what the discount discovery prices are for April 22? Thanks in advance.

Would you mind posting the prices for May 28 - June 4, 2011? I would love to save $30.00 per ticket!:cool1: That would be awesome! Thanks in advance for helping me out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter