Looking for discounted Disney gift cards

disneygrandma

Mickey Fan
Our local Sam's store has a $50 gift card for $48.88. In the past, I've read about some gift cards being sold with a bonus (maybe at Costco?), or discounted with a promo. Does anyone know of any offers for Disney gift cards?

I did see where someone bought them at Target using their Red card and got a 5% discount. However, we're not really interested in getting a Target credit card. We already have a Disney Visa card, so opening a new one of those is not an option.

We're hoping to buy some discounted cards now to pay for our WDW dining on our next trip. Any ideas? Thanks!

Two Xmases ago, Sam's Club sold a $100 gift card for around $98 that included a $10 gift card that was good at only at the Disney Store. This year in my area its a $75 for around $74 and included a vinylmation pin and I'm not sure they still have them.

You are not really going to find huge discounts on gift cards because they are real money. If you can get a $50 gift card for $48.88 that's going to be about it.

Locally in Pittsburgh I can buy Gift Cards and I get 10 cents off gallon of Gasoline for every $50 spent. For awhile they doubled it to 20 cents.

Two Xmases ago, Sam's Club sold a $100 gift card for around $98 that included a $10 gift card that was good at only the Disney Store. This year in my area its a $75 for around $74 and included a vinylmation pin and I'm not sure they still have them.

You are not really going to find huge discounts on gift cards because they are real money. If you can get a $50 gift card for $48.88 that's going to be about it.

Locally in Pittsburgh I can buy Gift Cards and I get 10 cents off gallon of Gasoline for every $50 spent. For awhile they doubled it to 20 cents.

Just had to say I am from PGH too and is Giant EAgle not the best?? I actually figured out my savings when it is double perks and it comes out to a 100.00 gift card for 88. 12% off at Disney can't beat that!

OP - do you have a CHASE Freeedom rewards card? If not, sign up for one. They were giving a 300.00 bonus out to just sign up. THEN if you use the card 15x in Jan Feb and March ANOTHER 50 bonus. So in reality I have a 350 reward sitting on my card. I will buy a 500 gift card at Giant Eagle for Disney (earning my points of course) and then call Chase and they transfer the points over immediately so really I am getting a 500 gift card for 150 (less when you factor in gas benefits). So it is a sneaky way for me to get a discounted disney gift card!

Just had to say I am from PGH too and is Giant EAgle not the best?? I actually figured out my savings when it is double perks and it comes out to a 100.00 gift card for 88. 12% off at Disney can't beat that!

For awhile the store in Kennedy Twp had double perks all the time. I guess it was because they are a bit isolated and they were trying to drive business there.

Look at the grocery circulars you get in the mail. Every so often, lots of different grocery stores all around the country do a promo where if you buy $100 worth of gift cards you will get a $20 gift card to the grocery store as a bonus. That's the best "discount" I've seen on gift cards. Pretty much most grocery stores carry Disney gift cards. And I'm sure anybody could find a way to use the grocery store gift card :P

The best "discount" on Disney cards I have found would be getting the Target Redcard -- they have both a credit card or a debit card that you can link to your checking account. Unless the policy has changed, you can purchase Disney gift cards with this and get 5% off of your purchase. Currently, I am debating if I want to pay off our cruise this way. Granted $100 is $100, but I have not decided if it is worth the hassle of paying with gift cards yet, kwim?

Here in Nebraska, most of the grocery stores are local. We do have one (Baker's) that is a Kroger store. I've never noticed a promo for buying gift cards. Most likely if there was one, it would have been in Dec. I will check in to that. It sounds like a pretty good deal for those that can get it.

I don't want the Target credit card, but I will look in to the Target debit card to see if they also offer 5% off. That would double the 2.45% I can get at Sam's. Although, that's still not a lot.

We already have some Chase cc's, including the Disney Visa. But they're not Freedom ones. You're getting a big savings with that signup program.

These are all good ideas, and hopefully others will be able to take advantage of some these, too. Please keep the suggestions coming! Thanks so much!

I just looked at Target online, and it sounds like the debit card would get the same 5% off that the credit card does. However, they don't have any Disney gift cards on their web site. I've never seen them in the stores. Do the Target stores sell Disney gift cards? If so, what area would they be in?

I just looked at Target online, and it sounds like the debit card would get the same 5% off that the credit card does. However, they don't have any Disney gift cards on their web site. I've never seen them in the stores. Do the Target stores sell Disney gift cards? If so, what area would they be in?

Yes, you still get the 5% off with the debit card. The Target stores in my area sell them over by the CDs and DVDs in $50 increments.

Mine have all had them. both in the back by the CDs on the gift card rack, and also there is a gift card rack up front by the registers at mine.

Our local Target doesn't have them by the registers, only the Target gift cards. I'm planning on going tomorrow, so will find out more about it. 5% is better than nothing, but I was hoping to find a bigger promotion that would work for me. I think I'll also inquire at the grocery store. That promo for $100 in gift cards & $20 for an in-store card sounds good.

Please, if anyone else has knowledge of other offers, post it here for all of us to check it out.

Thanks!

In December, I bought a $100 Disney gift card from Sams Club for about $97 and it came with a $10 bonus card. That is the best deal I have seen yet.

In December, I bought a $100 Disney gift card from Sams Club for about $97 and it came with a $10 bonus card. That is the best deal I have seen yet.

Which December? :confused3 These are the ones I referred to in my PP and they were all gone by last February in my area and I visited 3 or 4 Sam's Clubs.

OP - do you have a CHASE Freeedom rewards card? If not, sign up for one. They were giving a 300.00 bonus out to just sign up. THEN if you use the card 15x in Jan Feb and March ANOTHER 50 bonus. So in reality I have a 350 reward sitting on my card. I will buy a 500 gift card at Giant Eagle for Disney (earning my points of course) and then call Chase and they transfer the points over immediately so really I am getting a 500 gift card for 150 (less when you factor in gas benefits). So it is a sneaky way for me to get a discounted disney gift card!

This is a great idea!! I could only find one with 200 cash back right now, not sure if I should apply or wait... Thanks alot!! :thumbsup2

Our local Target doesn't have them by the registers, only the Target gift cards. I'm planning on going tomorrow, so will find out more about it. 5% is better than nothing, but I was hoping to find a bigger promotion that would work for me. I think I'll also inquire at the grocery store. That promo for $100 in gift cards & $20 for an in-store card sounds good.

Please, if anyone else has knowledge of other offers, post it here for all of us to check it out.

Thanks!

At Target, the Disney gift cards are not by the register. We have been to several Targets in both FL, IL, and TX and found them on the gift card rack that is near the CD, DVD, and book area. That is where gift cards other than Target (restaurants, movie theaters, etc) are located. They had both $25 and $50 gift cards for Disney.

Which December? :confused3 These are the ones I referred to in my PP and they were all gone by last February in my area and I visited 3 or 4 Sam's Clubs.

Ours had them nov '11 - I bought 2100 in them to pay off my trip = however around Christmas they only had the pin ones - I forgot to look today though

I saw these this past December ('11) right after Christmas. Like a fool I didn't get any because I didn't realize the bonus card could be used online (I thought it was in store only). When I found out they could be used online and went back to Sam's a couple of weeks later, they were nowhere to be found. They did have the ones with the bonus pin, which I am not interested in.

Ours had them nov '11 - I bought 2100 in them to pay off my trip = however around Christmas they only had the pin ones - I forgot to look today though

I saw these this past December ('11) right after Christmas. Like a fool I didn't get any because I didn't realize the bonus card could be used online (I thought it was in store only). When I found out they could be used online and went back to Sam's a couple of weeks later, they were nowhere to be found. They did have the ones with the bonus pin, which I am not interested in.

Just so I'm clear around here they brought them out around Nov '10 and by Feb '11 they were all gone. Around Nov '11 they brought out the pin ones. I don't think they lasted til Xmas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter