• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Looking for December vets opinion

jaysue

DIS Veteran
Thinking of a quick trip around Dec 17 or so for 4-5 days - are the parks crowded yet or just starting to get crowded and do you think we will have problems getting an Epcot area studio or would we probably end up in SSR or OKW (which would be perfectly fine as well)

Thanks!
jaysue

I was able to get a studio at the VWL last year for the week before Christmas at about 6 months out. I was surprised but found it not very crowded during that period. Seems like a lot of DVCers come early in December and from Christmas through New Year's, leaving that week open sometimes. Good luck. You never know until you try.

HBC

I agree with HBC, we have also had very good luck with that week in Dec. Wonderful time to be at WDW.
BWV & BCV are excellent choices for their location to Epcot and MGM and all the holiday festivites (Candlelight Processional, WS Christmas shows, Osborne Lights, etc). We love staying in this area all year long, but it is even more convenient during certain times of the year, and the holidays are definitely one of them. But have you also considered VWL? All the resorts are decorated very nicely for the holidays but none of them are like WL/VWL at Christmas. These resorts are the stuff Norman Rockwell Christmas paintings could be based on, LOL!
Have a wonderful trip!

Hope your trip works out - even if the parks are more crowded than you expect, how could you not have a good time!

I'd go at that time even if I couldn't get on any rides - the decorations, special events and holiday activites & atmosphere are more than enough to provide for a magical time.

Best wishes -

December is a Wonderful Time to Visit the Parks but be sure to avoid Christmas week.

We have gone to WDW during Christmas week and could hardly breath with the crowds (last year 2 parks closed for capacity). However we went 12/7-13, 2002 and the attendance was lite liked it so much we're headed back again 12/12-16 this year. We have a WV @ the BWV for 4 nights.. <b>needless to say points make this time attractive for so many of us DVC'rs so decide early..</b>

Of course there are so many "must does" this time of year.. be sure to get your MVMCP tickets.. great time to visit the park. In any case I'd highly recommend it especially if you've never done Christmas at Disney before...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter