Looking For Control Freaks & Worry Warts too........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good day ladies!

Looks like we're getting a warm front here too now. Today it's 58; tomorrow the 60s; by the weekend - back down to the 30s and snow flurries!:scared1: I hate when it warms up this time of year. My brain is programmed for fall weather - I want fall weather! That and the fact the ladybugs come out in full force during these times. YUCK! I know there supposed to be good luck, but I still could do without the 30-40 of them all over my front door!

Amanda is over her flu bug but is now dealing with a yeast infection (probably from the antibiotics she was on!) So the misery continues! I've been stuck in this house since Friday, with the exception of a 2 hour break yesterday to take my younger one to her gymnastics class.:woohoo: I have NO excuse for not being packed but I'm not quite there yet. I'm lucky I have a guest bedroom; as I think of more items I need, I just toss them on the bed in there! I'll organize it all this weekend.

Pam - Two more days - :cool1: Your plans for thanksgiving sound perfect. As long as you're with the people that mean the most to you, who cares what the calendar says. Have fun! Hope you check in before you go.

Have a great day everybody!

FALL! Let's just trade places for awhile :goodvibes I just love the sun and the warm weather. My family is from Minnesota, but I just don't like to be :cold:
I tell my DH that I know I was supposed to be born somewhere warm and the stork got lost! :rotfl2: I would absolutely love your warm weather - DH grew up in Southern CA, so I think he would agree with me.

Tammie - How did you wind up in Oregon? I vote that you move to Orlando. We'll all pitch in to help you buy a REALLY BIG house so you can have your family with you and also room for the occassional "control freaks & worry warts" to stop by for about a week or so! Would that be ok with you?:woohoo:

Tammie - How did you wind up in Oregon? I vote that you move to Orlando. We'll all pitch in to help you buy a REALLY BIG house so you can have your family with you and also room for the occassional "control freaks & worry warts" to stop by for about a week or so! Would that be ok with you?:woohoo:

:yay: I would love it! You guys could stay as long as you want! We could take the World by storm! :grouphug:

I looked back at post 125 - she's heading home on Thursday! They have MGM tomorrow. (Wed) Seems like our leader has been gone a long time:rolleyes1

Hi Ladies. Just stoppin in! :flower3:
Been a crazy month! AFter my surgery I had some complications now they think something completely different is wrong with me. But the pain :headache: finally stopped! Thank goodness! :cheer2:

We just moved right before the surgery so I'm still trying to get settled into the new place, still have tons to do! My hubby has 2 jobs now so he hasn't been much help! :sad1:

It's freezing here in WA, we are right above seattle and man has it been windy and cold! I want summer back! Not that we had much of one! And for the first time in my life I have a huge yard, with Leaves everywhere! I dont wanna rake!!!!!! Know anyone who wants to come visit? :rotfl2:

Got 10 hours worth of housework to fit into 45 minutes aaarrrrggghhhhh - forgot I'm helping at the school book fair this week -so have even LESS time than normal - I thought I was supposed to be a "lady of leisure" now, but life gets filled up somehow....;).

Tessa - I am allergic to housework! Why can't I win the lottery? I wouldn't clean a thing, do any laundry, cook or iron! I forgot. I don't iron now!!:rotfl2: YUCK.:sick:

Looks like we're getting a warm front here too now. Today it's 58; tomorrow the 60s; by the weekend - back down to the 30s and snow flurries!:scared1: I hate when it warms up this time of year. My brain is programmed for fall weather - I want fall weather! That and the fact the ladybugs come out in full force during these times. YUCK! I know there supposed to be good luck, but I still could do without the 30-40 of them all over my front door!

Cammie - I'll take your warm front! Our front has just rolled in (or so I hear), and we've cooled off about 10 degrees, so it is 72! I hope that Amanda gets well soon. Poor baby.

Count me in!! I need some girl vacations!! That is definitely another thing I would do if we hit the lottery – not work, more family vacations, and the occasional vacation w/out the family! Just for a couple of days…

:yay: I would love it! You guys could stay as long as you want! We could take the World by storm! :grouphug:

Thanks, Tammie!:flower3:

Plus I don't eat much! :rotfl2:

Hi, Sewer!

I looked back at post 125 - she's heading home on Thursday! They have MGM tomorrow. (Wed) Seems like our leader has been gone a long time:rolleyes1

I miss Debbie!!

Hi Ladies. Just stoppin in! :flower3:
Been a crazy month! AFter my surgery I had some complications now they think something completely different is wrong with me. But the pain :headache: finally stopped! Thank goodness! :cheer2:
Hi Kristen! :) That is great news, that you are not in pain! Good luck w/getting settled in your new place and getting the leaves raked! Will it be snow after that? Wish we had some…We only get the leaves.

We have our parking reservation at the airport, and Mom, Dad and Sister are picking us up at our house at 6am!! DH is grumbling. He doesn’t think we need to get to the airport 1 ½ hrs. before our flight time. He is NOT the morning person. He’ll be fine once we are there, but he’ll whine the whole way there. There’s no whining in DW!

I will stop by again before I leave!!

Pam2

Pam! 2 DAYS!!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: How exciting for you! Have a wonderful time if I miss your good-bye post!

Kristen: Glad you are back! I was just thinking about you yesterday! Sorry that there were complications, but I am glad that you are not in pain. Don't work too hard - you are still healing. I didn't know you were in WA! My DSIS lives in Marysville. Pretty up there! :hippie: Maybe some day we will get to meet!

Tessa, Cammie: Winning the lottery sounds like a plan! :goodvibes

Hi Sewer, I miss Debbie, too! Heard from her - she's having a great time!

Hi everyone else! Don't be strangers!

Hiya, the lottery sounds good, but I refuse to do the UK one on principle!

[RANT STARTS]
They give around half the money back in prizes, use some of the other half for "good causes" - which used to be paid for out of our TAXES!!!!! And the rest is TAX!! So I'd rather not choose to pay more tax.
You have a 1 in 15 million chance of scooping the jackpot( woo woo :confused3)or a 1 in 1 chance of effectively paying 50p tax. The minor prizes -well, who pays for their ticket hoping to win £10? (a one in 50 odd chance of winning!)

Basically over here if you play once a week for a year, the odds say you will win £10 - that's for a £50 investment..... I know, people dream - and someone will win, but it is just another con - raises more money for the UK government!!

[RANT OVER]

Sorry ladies (any gents?) I don't know how your US one works?

Bye for now...
Tessa

Tammie - Thanks for the well wishes!! We are so excited!!! I wish that I would have taken the entire day off, but now I am committed to go in. My mom and sis are off work today! Lucky them. I'll be a waste anyway, and I don't have much to do at all there today. I got it done yesterday.

Tessa - I don't know how it all works exactly, or where the money goes. Everyone reading this probably thinks, is she living under a rock??

Lottery - I guess to win, one would need to play, and we don't, so our chances are quite slim. We used to buy a ticket once in a blue moon, when the pot was really large (when everyone else was buying them and our chances were even slimmer), but we haven't in ages. I buy the occasional scratch off ticket when I am buying something at the convenience store, mostly Slurpees during the summer, and have change. I like to buy the scratch offs for my DHs Christmas stocking (Santa fills the kids', I fill his), and he has won $100 on one of them, and we've won a few dollars here and there. I usually trade them back in for tickets when I've won a dollar or two, and then it fizzles out. I keep thinking that it's fun, and maybe one of these days, I'll get the one that is the weekly grand. That would be a nice little bonus! So, this is all to say that my chances are not good, but I always wonder what it would be like to win the lottery!

I am up very early. :surfweb: The excitement has kicked into full force. I looked at the clock from 4-4:30a, and decided that I may as well just get up. I'm off work at noon, picking up watches w/batteries! on the way home, taking the dogs to be boarded, picking Taylor up from school instead of her going to after school care, picking up Megan and her friend from school instead of her friend's mom doing it, then heading home to finish packing! Us girls got most of our stuff laid out on the couch last night, it just needs to be checked off the list and go into the suitcases.:woohoo:

Our weather looks good (as of yesterday) for Orlando, rain in the forecast for only one day, a 30% chance, and no higher than 80 every day, w/Friday being a high of 68.:woohoo: :woohoo:

Thanks for listening to me ramble. I know I will be by again to check in and say goodbye.

Have a great day, all!

:grouphug:
Pam2

Hi all! Been crazy here. Amanda's still sick but FINALLY on antibiotics, which seems to be doing the trick. I'm going to insist she stay on them for the next two weeks so we're covered while we're in Disney! Now I've got the sniffles - guess that's what lack of sleep will do. Started my Zicam this am!

Pam - Have a terrific time! The weather sounds great. 30% chance of rain is not a high probabilty so you may not even see any! Enjoy all the Christmas festivities down there - they're beautiful!

Kristen - Hope you're feeling better!
Hi to Sewer, Tammie, and Tessa!

As for winning the lottery - I don't think it's all it's cracked up to be over here either. Lots of your winnings go to taxes. And ever see those Dateline news stories about all the horrible luck that falls upon lottery winners? I think if I want to hit it big, I'm going to look for a really rich, older second husband! You guys know anybody?:lmao:

When I mention this problem that I have to "regular" people, I am usually answered in a "just get over it" way. I am eager to hear what other people like me do to save a vacation when the hotel room is repulsive to you.

It takes us 20 hours (with only very quick stops) to get to Disney. We have been driving straight through because the last 6 times we stopped in Georgia, the rooms were too yuck for me to sleep. (Hampton Inns and Comfort Inns)

We stay at the Value resorts at Disney because....well, that is the only way we can afford to take our children on trips to Disney. I am sure if we upgraded we would get better rooms, but please don't suggest that because we can't afford it. Part of me hates the value resorts because I think they have caused Disney to overload and lose their special service and happy workers, but on the other hand, we are part of the millions of people to whom the doors have been opened because of the cheap resorts.

Our first stay at a value resort was when Movies was a new hotel. It was immaculately clean. I thought I had died and gone to heaven. I didn't care that it was rather plain and small because it was spotlessly clean!

Our next value stay was at Pop Century. Although the grounds were beautifully kept, the rooms we stayed in were run down (in my critical opinion), stinky, and dirty. It really ruined my vacation because I felt like I couldn't step on the floor barefoot or touch my body to the bed. And....what about those comforters? You know they aren't washed between guests.

We are going again in May. I again looked at pricing for the next level, but just can't bring myself to pay that. It would be silly as we are never in the rooms but to sleep and dress. Pop Century had the best bus system and food court. So, I guess it will be Pop again.

We drive, so I have considered bringing my own sheets and cleaning supplies. My husband and children are not OCD and would really be irritated by this. Plus, when I am on vacation, I really shouldn't be doing that. What is wrong with me????

I would love to hear from other OCD'ers about how they tackle this problem. Do you bring Cholox Wipes? Your own sheets? Is there something you tell yourself to overcome the grossness factor?

I know most people do not suffer from this mind disease, so if you don't understand about this, please don't post. Those of you who do, please, please send me your tips!!!!!!!!

Well, first let me tell you, you're not alone. I've read many post (not necessarily on this thread) of people who bring their own sheets, Febreze, Purell, and Lysol cleaning spray. Many people also light candles to eliminate unpleasant odors. If that's what you need to do to feel comfortable in your hotel room, they go right ahead.

I've never encountered a problem with cleanliness at a Disney hotel. I'm fortunate enough to be able to stay at the BWV because we own in the DVC. (BTW-I've heard people complain of dirty rooms there too!) But, anyway, the cost of the room should not determine how clean it is. If you're in a room that you feel is filthy, I would complain to the front desk. You and your family are guests at Disney and I think they will try to accommadate you. Hope that helps!

Bye friends! I am so excited I will probably not sleep, but I need to try! :cloud9: We are all packed and ready to go! I will talk to you when I get back!

Have a great week, and a WONDERFUL THANKSGIVING!!

Welcome back, Debbie! I hope that your trip was super!

Lots of hugs,:grouphug:
Pam

I'm back....................
Missed you guys! Must catch up, prepare a TR, and get out of this funk that has already started!
Wow! What an awesome trip we had!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've started uploading to photbucket.......jeez I took alot! It really is a pain because i take my pix at the 7M quality. I do wish I had a better camera though.
Well here goes the beginning of many more to come.....
Our trip was spectacular as always...weather 100% perfect......first time at MVMCP....good times.....
If I had a "real" camera the pix would be better but here goes what I have.....

DSC06888.jpg

While we were there they practiced one whole night (I mean into the wee hours of the night) for the MVMCP. You could here it crystal clear at our room at GF. I actually woke up at 2:00 in the morning and caught them doing a practice run of lighting up the castle. Then the next night, from our balcony, we got to experience the official very first time ever the castle was lit with icicles. Then on the 12th we experienced it all close up at the first MVCP of the season. GREAT times!

Welcome Back Debbie! Can't wait to hear all about it. The castle looks BEAUTIFUL! Can't wait to see it for ourselves!:3dglasses

Welcome Back, Debbie!!!!

Hi everyone! Tammie, Pam2, Camster, Lisa, Maureen, Tidoublegrr, I hope I am not missing anyone! Hope everyone is doing well. I have to catch up and read some posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter