Looking For Control Freaks & Worry Warts too........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my latest worry - remember my Bahamas trip in Oct? Well, I am traveling there without my DH - something about he can't be gone twice in one month :confused3 and we are going to Anaheim for my convention at the end of October - he wants to see his family there - and of course the Mouse! I guess when you work a J.O.B. :rolleyes1 So, I will be meeting others on my team when I get there, but I am now worried about taking a Taxi in a foreign country like that all by myself to Atlantis. They don't have a shuttle. I tried to book a car service, but they want a copy of my CC and my driver's license :scared1: . I just can't find more info on who to call :surfweb: Maybe the Atlantis concierge? There should be lots of other gals from my company at the airport at the same time, maybe I can just see if someone will share a taxi? :confused3 Anyone been there?

On a brighter note - Just 28 days!!!! :dance3: :dance3:

Tammie, I've been to the Bahamas and I really wanted to take a Taxi over to Atlantis, but our stay was from 12-4 instead of the original 8-4 (we were on th e Disney Cruise) and we just looked around town instead. I didn't take a taxi because my youngest just turned 2 at the time and I was afraid to take her in a foreign taxi and no car seat.

I believe they also have water taxis which have several people in them. Share a taxi with some of the others in your group. You have to take something to get there though. I am not big on taxi's period. I've been in several in Phila., NYC, D.C., and San Francisco and the only decent ride we had in one was in San Francisco at Fisherman's Wharf. Everywhere else they drive like maniacs! Last one I ever rode in was in NYC from Macy's in November (was REALLY cold). DD was 4 months old and the guy bumped into another taxi. We went around 16 loooong blocks from Macy's to the Plaza Hotel and I told him I'd give him a good tip if he slowed down! :rotfl: Guess he didn't want it (or he didn't understand me). Everyone stared at us getting out..my face must have been white as a ghost.

Sorry..getting off subject.....go to the Disney Cruise Line board on the DIS and do a search or ask what others do there. Alot of them are repreat cruisers and can probably help you better there about the taxi/Atlantis thing.

Pam

Attention all Gymboree Fans........

September 14, 15, and 16th is Circle of Friends Weekend!!! 30% off your entire purchase. Check your emails and mail for the codes.

Thanks Pam! I didn't think of the DCL boards :) NYC taxi sounds like a nightmare! My parents went there with friends one time - my DM said she didn't see much because she was so scared of the taxi ride that she had her eyes closed most of the time! :lmao:

Your welcome. Have a great time in both Anaheim and Atlantis!

My computer is acting really weird. It's really odd. I'll have to get DH to fix it. Have a good weekend everyone!

HI Everyone! Just Checkin in! I love reading everyones posts.
The first week of school is out of the way, Second Grade! She's an old pro now....man, time flies!
I'm gonna try to insert photos just for fun! mines the one running to me.
Sept107041.jpg

My husband started a new second job last week. To pay for the holiday trip to WDW...or we have to cancel!!!!! He is working for the local Events center for everything from hockey games to concerts, to this weekends Ringling and Bros circus. DD and I are going to tonights show~ popcorn:: Here are some photos from monday when dh called us to come up and see the elephants arrive from the trains! He was the big guy watching over to make sure no one entered the arena!
Sept107017.jpg

Sept107022.jpg

Sept107024.jpg

As far as everything else goes...Pains started up again so I have a consult next week to see if they want to proceed with the laproscopic procedure. The other drama was my dang car got reposessed 2 friday's ago which was so irritating...I only owed 3 payments...after 6 years!!!!! that's it!! And they took it on my last payday which was when I had planned to wire them 2 payments of it....with no notice at all!!! woke up to go to work and it was gone...What an awful day that was I didn't know if it had been stolen or anything until half way thru the day when the company finally contacted me back. Then come monday and, if you can believe it, their investigator contacts me to tell me I need to pay x amount of money now or my car will get repo'd.....There are no words for the angriness that becomes me just thinking about it! I told the guy it would have been nice if he would have told me that last week....Man did he feel like a doofus!
So, long story short...believe me, this is the short version!:rotfl2:
I got my car back this tuesday.....paid for it last friday but couldn't get it back until the yard recieved a fax from the creditor....which come tuesday (because of the holiday) they found out they had faxed it to the wrong number friday! OMG I am so glad to not have to deal with this company anymore!!! I have my car back....there is now a headlight out and a shattered winshield which I know have to pay for...because of course that wasn't their fault!!!!
:scared1: Yikes! This post is huge isn't it!!!!
Man it feels good to vent here though!
Have you all seen Blades of Glory!!! Watched it last night, it ws a hoot!!!:rotfl2:

You all are so fun to read about!!!

:scared1: Yike Kristen! Glad that's all over now! Love your pix! Thanks for sharing!

Pam..thanks for the heads up oon the Gymboree front or maybe I shouldn't be thanking you!:rotfl2:

Tammie....Don't sweat it. Atlantis is great and you will be fine. Just hook up with some other peeps from work. The Atlantis concierge is a great idea. What about their website? Was that helpful?? How about AAA?

Hi Tessa and the rest of our gang!

Hey, where's Pam2??????

Kristen, so sorry about your troubles! Glad you got your car back. Looks like you get some perks with your DH's second job - how fun! Cute pic of your DD - thanks for sharing! I miss those days.

Thanks Debbie. I don't have AAA, and the website just said there are taxis at the airport. I can probably call the resort, though. Someone on the DCL board said they took a van taxi with about 8 other people before, so maybe some of us will team up. The peeps I actually know will be there already, but we are all like family, so I am sure I can make a taxi friend!

Hi Everybody !!!

Wow, I found our thread at the bottom of page 2 - I guess everyone had a BUSY weekend.:goodvibes

Well, it's Monday, and we leave for WDW in exactly 19 days -- and yes, I'm really beginning to feel some anxiety.:scared1: Between work, DS' sports schedules, and his school functions -- I'm totally strapped for time.:worried: My plan is to do make a list (I'm a big list person), and do a little here and a little there - hopefully slowly making some progress towards getting packed. Yikes !!!

Wish me luck !!! Aloha -- keahi

Hi Keahi (and everyone) - we had a busy one - swimming lessons started again, kids off to cousins birthday party etc..time just seems to disappear sometimes.
Trying to arrange piano lessons for the dds now, so life is full of appointments to see people, and not much time for anything else.
Kids woke up early again, so am typing up whilst they play before school today!

Job is going well - my boss was eternally grateful that I wanted to continue after the first week, it's nice to feel "wanted" - though I haven't had to supervise an indoor "wet-play" session yet - I'm told it's a good exercise in crowd control!! She said something about it being as easy as fitting gloves on an octopus.... mmmmmm, not looking forward to that one.

Anyhow, best walk them the 500 yards to school... don't want to be late now I'm known as "staff":goodvibes
Tessa

Hi Everybody !!!

Wow, I found our thread at the bottom of page 2 - I guess everyone had a BUSY weekend.:goodvibes

Well, it's Monday, and we leave for WDW in exactly 19 days -- and yes, I'm really beginning to feel some anxiety.:scared1: Between work, DS' sports schedules, and his school functions -- I'm totally strapped for time.:worried: My plan is to do make a list (I'm a big list person), and do a little here and a little there - hopefully slowly making some progress towards getting packed. Yikes !!!

Wish me luck !!! Aloha -- keahi

Be sure you make the list! Remember what happened to me on the day we left.... everything went crazy and the only way I got packed was because I had a list! :crazy: Good Luck! How exciting that you only have 19 days!!!

Hi Keahi (and everyone) - we had a busy one - swimming lessons started again, kids off to cousins birthday party etc..time just seems to disappear sometimes.
Trying to arrange piano lessons for the dds now, so life is full of appointments to see people, and not much time for anything else.
Kids woke up early again, so am typing up whilst they play before school today!

Job is going well - my boss was eternally grateful that I wanted to continue after the first week, it's nice to feel "wanted" - though I haven't had to supervise an indoor "wet-play" session yet - I'm told it's a good exercise in crowd control!! She said something about it being as easy as fitting gloves on an octopus.... mmmmmm, not looking forward to that one.

Anyhow, best walk them the 500 yards to school... don't want to be late now I'm known as "staff":goodvibes
Tessa

Hi Tessa! Glad you are liking your job! What exactly is "wet play"? sounds dangerous! ;)

Well, I just got done ordering some things to wear on my Bahamas trip. I realized that a few of my Summer things were looking a little worse for wear, so I was ordering some clearance items - Buy one, Get one Free at Kohls.com! I found a great pair of knit capris and matching Tshirt - I have an overnight flight, so I really want to be comfy!

Then I just had to have a new swimsuit, so I found Swimwear outlet, or something like that and got a new swimdress - I will do everyone a favor my covering up as much as possible :thumbsup2 and a pair of Athens crocs on clearance (they are the flip flop ones)!

This free trip is beginning to cost :lmao:

My DS and DIL started student teaching this week, so I have Myles and Londynn 3 mornings a week - she isn't quite sure about that bottle - it was a little sad this morning. :guilty: I know she will adjust. Well, have a great week everyone - talk to you soon!

Hi Tessa! Glad you are liking your job! What exactly is "wet play"? sounds dangerous! ;)

Hiya - wet play is that heart sinking time when it pours down with rain over lunchtime - they can play outside in light rain, but if it is really wet then they have to be corralled indoors with puzzle books/games and the like for up to an hour - the teachers hate it too, cos the kids are all too full of energy for the afternoon.

Can you imagine having to supervise up to 60 ten year old kids indoors - who want to be out running around even if it's wet. I am soooo lucky to have been allocated a small single class of twenty 5 year olds - however I can't imagine it's much fun supervising them indoors after they've gone hyper on some of the junk their parents put in lunchboxes. I am truly shocked.

Cheers,
Tessa

Hi Ladies,
How are all of you doing? We are great (except for the colds already making their rounds around my house- it’s obviously fall). DD had a meet and greet at school and now starts officially tomorrow. Swimming lessons start today and the park district classes start the week of the 24th. DS will be in a couple things that encourage language. He's a late talker. I'm not worried about it but want to provide him with some outside stuff that encourages him to talk more. I went through states early intervention program which has really worked out great so far! We will be busy!
Getting excited about the November trip but I don’t want to wish time away. I really can’t stand the way time flies by as it is.
I am going to try and post more. Thanks for checking in on me Lisa & Sewer. I would LOVE for this thread to keep going! So everyone check in when you can!
BTW Tess I taught kinder for 12 years so I know how you feel.
Tammie..Glad you got yourself some clothes. I, of course have started buying the kids fall clothes. Hope the baby sitting is going well too!
Pam..thanks for the Circle of Friends heads up. I will have to go take a look Saturday. Anyone need the email discount just PM me and I can send it to you.
How are you feeling? Have they retested your levels yet?
Anyone spot Pam2 around the boards? Did I miss somethin (which wouldn't surprise me)? Is she out of town?
Keahi...glad you are doing well. How is the school working out for you? Do you like it? I was cracking up because I put that Kohala spa lotion into the Ebay search and something actually came up! I need to go buy some as a special treat for myself! How many more days now! Good luck and have fun packing (NOT!).

STILL glad I have you guys!!

I hope everyone is doing well!!!!!
Stop by for a fly by...................

Tammie are you in the Bahamas??? I forgot when you were going.

SEWER....I think you are in WDW this very minute if I remember correctly!

Hope everyone is doing well. DD was in preschool for 2 weeks but they had to cancel it because there was only three kids in the class. It is so sad. She was having a hard time w/me leaving every time though so it will be a couple more months until I have to go through that. It was a 2 1/2 year old program and 5 kids weren't potty trained yet. Hopefully by the winter session the class will have enough kids.

Debbie - I haven't been on the boards enough but if I spot Pam2 I will tell you. Hope she's alright.

Hi Everyone! I was 3 hours away - went to the Oregon Ducks football game! Go Ducks!!!:thumbsup2 Okay, I don't admit to being clumsy or anything, but when we were leaving the stadium during the 4th qtr, I actually fell down the last 4 steps of our section :scared1: There are these tiny little steep steps, and I stepped down too far, then when I tried to grab the handrail, my big purse got in the way - as I fell onto my knees, I couldn't get my hands in front of me and landed at the bottom smack on my face :eek: I broke my glasses and have a nice cut on my nose and scraped up my forehead and my nose - and I jammed my neck and shoulders really badly. But, my clothes somehow stayed clean and I am fine. My DH was so shocked, he just stood there with two cokes in his hands staring. Another gentleman helped me up and a lady helped gather up my purse - then DH suddenly sprung to action and picked up my glasses :rotfl2: I teased him later when I could laugh and told him that he was pretending not to know me! :lmao: Anyway, it sort of ruined our anniversary weekend. My DH spend the whole evening putting hot packs and cold packs on me, then proceeded to get me drunk as a muscle relaxer - so halfway through the night, I woke up with a spitting headache also :rotfl: I am doing much better with the hot packs and Advil today - the drive home was not fun, however. Okay, I'm done crying now - thanks for being my friends and listening! The game WAS fun until then!

I am leaving for the Bahamas on Oct 6th, so a little time left! I am doing a before and after of my skin - it should heal really quickly and nicely with my products - might as well use it for something :idea:

I haven't seen Pam2 recently. Maybe we should PM her?

Hope everyone had a great weekend, and school is going well for all of the little ones! Happy Monday!

Tammie - I'm so sorry for you. At least you are not too bad. My mom is 55 and just found out she has osteoporosis. She is in terrible pain and has three fractures in her spine. I don't know how to help her w/the mental part of the disease. She is so worried that she is going to get worse. Sorry to bother you about all that, it's just on my mind a lot lately. I am glad that you can laugh about the fall.

Debbie - How was your DD's first day at school?

Tammie - I'm so sorry for you. At least you are not too bad. My mom is 55 and just found out she has osteoporosis. She is in terrible pain and has three fractures in her spine. I don't know how to help her w/the mental part of the disease. She is so worried that she is going to get worse. Sorry to bother you about all that, it's just on my mind a lot lately. I am glad that you can laugh about the fall.

Debbie - How was your DD's first day at school?

I'm sorry about your mom. I wonder if there is a support group? It is hard when someone is depressed or worried, and you don't know how to help. Prayers and PD for her.:flower3:

Hiya all -

tammie - hope you are feeling better after your fall - I can just imagine the look of shock on hubby's face, my DH has a particular dumb "oh, what's happened? what do I do now?" look that's priceless, unless I'm the victim!!

disneyohana -Osteoporosis can be difficult to live with (for you as well as mum!!)- but try to make sure she gets a good physiotherapist - my gran had it through her 60's 70's and 80's .
She kept up with life by regular weight bearing exercise with the physio guiding her movements 3 times a week , well, gran called it torturing her, but she knew it was doing her good which did help keep her spirits up - so did remarrying at the age of 83!!!!:goodvibes

Hope all the kids are doing fine at school, mine are happy:woohoo:.

Got to go get some food - or we won't eat this week!
Cheers,
Tessa

Hope everyone is doing well. DD was in preschool for 2 weeks but they had to cancel it because there was only three kids in the class. It is so sad. She was having a hard time w/me leaving every time though so it will be a couple more months until I have to go through that. It was a 2 1/2 year old program and 5 kids weren't potty trained yet. Hopefully by the winter session the class will have enough kids.

Debbie - I haven't been on the boards enough but if I spot Pam2 I will tell you. Hope she's alright.
Well that stinks! Maybe you can find a park district class or something in the mean time. Sorry about your Mom. That has to stink so bad for her! She needs to just embrace the medication at this point so she can enjoy life still. She is young.

DD is doing great in school but cries evrytime I leave. It is so sad!!!!

Tammie.....BUMMER! I hope you heal quickly! I'm glad it wasn't worse.

I did PM Pam2 but haven't heard back. Anyone have her real email address? I am going to look now and make sure she's OK.

I think now that fall and school are here people have to actually share their computers and time with the rest of the family!

Oh, on a yucky note my DHs heart went into afib again. Obviously this new medicine hasn't improved things. I think he wants to go back on the old stuff. I need to PM Maureen about all these drugs. God knows what we are doing to our bodies with all these drugs we have to take!!

Tammie, Tessa, & Debbie, thank you so much for the kind words and advice. I will tell my mom about the physiotherapist. She is so confused w/what she can do right now with the fractures still there. Her doctor didn't explain everything that well. I go to the same doctor so I know how the conversation probably went. I hope that there is a support group, too. Good idea Tammie. You guys are the best.

Tessa - Glad your kids are enjoying school.

Debbie - I am glad your DD is having fun, too, even if she is sad when you leave. I hated leaving my DD but loved coming back and seeing her playing w/others so well.

Hope someone hears from Pam2 soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter