Looking For Control Freaks & Worry Warts too........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa! Did I have cranky kids today! I guess I see what the rest of the week will be like. Ever here of the federal act "No Child Left Behind?" Well, the bus did just that yesterday....they literally left one of the boys I watch behind. Technically it's not the same thing. The school transportation dept. had no one to run the route (either going or coming). The bus never showed and he was 20 mins late because I had to drive him. Finally when they found someone they didn't show up until 4:30pm at the school. I'm hoping it runs smoother thes rest of the week.

Pam2..sounds like you have a pretty busy week as well. Hope things are going well.

Tammie..glad to hear your DIL is doing better. I would have been a nervous wreck. You got to have some grandma time though.

Hi, Tessa, Debbie...how are you gals?

I'm off to bed in a little. My late nights don't exsit anymore now that schools in.

Hi All! Boy has life been nutso! I won't even start about the finances....
DMIL visit wasn't as bad as I was afraid of!
My daughter has one week of summer left school starts Sept 4!!! Yeah! She and my mom are driving eachother crazy!!! She finally started Occupational Therapy for her ssensory disorder and now they are telling me she needs vision therapy....oy, will they ever quit sending us to more new drs????
I wonder sometimes if they are all just paying eachother to send us to the other....who knows!!
I thought I broke my toe yesterday, but thankfully it's not fractured just really bad bruised and all the toes are swollen what a mess!
My hubby is off tonight looking into a second job as event staff at the local events center....so we can pay for our DW vacation in December....it is supposed to be paid in full by november....YIKES!!! Don't get me started!!! We are determined there is no backing down!!!

Hi All! Boy has life been nutso! I won't even start about the finances....
DMIL visit wasn't as bad as I was afraid of!
My daughter has one week of summer left school starts Sept 4!!! Yeah! She and my mom are driving eachother crazy!!! She finally started Occupational Therapy for her ssensory disorder and now they are telling me she needs vision therapy....oy, will they ever quit sending us to more new drs????
I wonder sometimes if they are all just paying eachother to send us to the other....who knows!!
I thought I broke my toe yesterday, but thankfully it's not fractured just really bad bruised and all the toes are swollen what a mess!
My hubby is off tonight looking into a second job as event staff at the local events center....so we can pay for our DW vacation in December....it is supposed to be paid in full by november....YIKES!!! Don't get me started!!! We are determined there is no backing down!!!

So sorry about your troubles Kristin! I hope your toe feels better quickly :hug: Having just quit working for a surgeon, I have to tell you that they do keep track of who sends them referrals, and you know....maybe they get a great invite to a party or a Christmas gift...although I don't think they send you for "fake" reasons, sometimes they just pass the problem out to whomever they think of first *(the one that did the best marketing:) ).

I know you will meet your goal of vacation soon, when we set goals and put it out there it happens, right? :confused3

It's me again - my DH is gone hunting, and I can't sleep! I just watched a beautiful movie! If you haven't seen it, you have to! Remember the Peter Rabbit stories by Beatrix Potter? This movie is about her life - so sweet:

Miss Potter - It is a "blockbuster exclusive" Maybe only available at Blockbuster? It stars Renee Zellweiger - loved it!

I am going to get a copy for my neice, 16. She is a quiet girl who writes books for her family - really well - wants to be published. She would love this story!

Okay, Gonna read a TR and get sleepy! Goodnight! :angel:

Hiya all

Tessa - I know all about home hair color! I've been covering grey since DD14 was born with a shade of red. This weekend, I decided that I would go back to brown, but I went w/one that has red tones, and my hair naturally has red tones, so I am a brownish red. I feel too young to be so grey! It is very easy, but I just apply it over my entire head about every 6-8 weeks, and I get mine trimmed about that often, so it doesn't dry out. It hasn't fallen out so far! By this time, have you tried it already?

Pam2 - we must be "twins" Also been doing the shades of red - but this time decided to go brown!!! Also now brownish red !!! I didn't do the home kit, I chickened out and went for a hairdresser cut and colour again. I must build up some "nerve"...... I'm 43 so feel MUCH too young for the greyness in my hair.

We have decided we HAVE to get fit before our trip in April - London opened our eyes -4 days on our feet all day and we were absolutely shattered - also my feet HURT a lot - I am carrying too much weight - and can only use the "baby weight" excuse for so long -they are now 5 +6!!!!!!! :eek:
So I am on a diet! The only one that works -eat less exercise more.... anyone got low fat suggestions for a serious Mars and Snickers addiction!!!! Also potato chips I think you call them (we call them crisps) - in fact anything with fat in is my downfall!!
We are walking a mile a day (extra to the usual walking) right now to build up the exercise slowly - I cannot stand the gym - and we are swimming at weekends, so hopefully the weight will start to shift!

I know how you feel Kirstin - everything seems to happen at once, and when it's the kids, the expense must rack up over there - thank goodness for our Health Service, we pay through taxes, not insurance. Chin up as we say! Hope all is getting better
Cheers,
Tessa

Cheers,
Tessa

I'm going to Orlando on September 15th through the 18th for some training, and on the final day there is a social event being held at EPCOT! :banana:

I'm going to Orlando on September 15th through the 18th for some training, and on the final day there is a social event being held at EPCOT!

:cool1::banana::cool1: How lucky are YOU!!!!!

Hope you have a great time -not long to wait !!! You lucky lucky person! (yep, I'm a little......lot green with envy!!)

Cheers,
Tessa

Hi Everyone,
I know I have been kind of MIA but I have been fitting every last bit of summer in that I can. We went to the pool all day Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and today we all went shopping , out for lunch and to the park. Then when I visit the Dis I find myself doing a lot of reading instead of posting. I am trying to keep a couple other threads moving along too which is more work then you think!

Here are a few of my “just for fun” threads if you haven’t stopped by yet……..

This is my I love HSM2 thread where we speak of all things HSM and of course my inappropriate crush on Zac Efron………

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1553077&page=12

ABC’s Fat March where the marcher Michael is actually a Diser who is from my state of Illinois! Real nice guy……..

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1559953

SEWER….
you rock! What a cool added bonus!!!! I am so excited for you!

Oh and I spent some cash at Gymboree today, earned gymbucks and got a few really great deals!

I hope you guys are all doing well.

:thumbsup2 Shout out to my favorite thread (shhhhhh:ssst: ).........

Chicago.gif

I have to fill you on with our trip planning too but that can be for another day!
:grouphug: Everyone!

Hiya all

Pam2 - we must be "twins" Also been doing the shades of red - but this time decided to go brown!!! Also now brownish red !!! I didn't do the home kit, I chickened out and went for a hairdresser cut and colour again. I must build up some "nerve"...... I'm 43 so feel MUCH too young for the greyness in my hair.

We have decided we HAVE to get fit before our trip in April - London opened our eyes -4 days on our feet all day and we were absolutely shattered - also my feet HURT a lot - I am carrying too much weight - and can only use the "baby weight" excuse for so long -they are now 5 +6!!!!!!! :eek:
So I am on a diet! The only one that works -eat less exercise more.... anyone got low fat suggestions for a serious Mars and Snickers addiction!!!! Also potato chips I think you call them (we call them crisps) - in fact anything with fat in is my downfall!!
We are walking a mile a day (extra to the usual walking) right now to build up the exercise slowly - I cannot stand the gym - and we are swimming at weekends, so hopefully the weight will start to shift!

I know how you feel Kirstin - everything seems to happen at once, and when it's the kids, the expense must rack up over there - thank goodness for our Health Service, we pay through taxes, not insurance. Chin up as we say! Hope all is getting better
Cheers,
Tessa

Cheers,
Tessa

Tessa - for the chocolate: 3 musketeers! Low in fat - mostly air. I have to get rid of some cellulite by Oct 6th for the Bahamas - maybe a sandblaster:lmao:

I'm going to Orlando on September 15th through the 18th for some training, and on the final day there is a social event being held at EPCOT! :banana:

:jumping1: Sewer! you got sprinkled with PD!

Debbie: I am trying not to peek at Gymboree! I am afraid of how much I'll spend - although my DGD needs some fall clothes :rolleyes1

Thanks everyone, this trip kinda' just fell into my lap. I felt the social event thing was just going to be an evening at Jimmy Buffets or something, but when the training confirmation papers arrived I was shocked! Yep, training is going to tough......:lmao:

Sorry I haven't been on for a while. We got back from Seattle on Wednesday at 1:00 am and I have been keeping busy ever since. Even now I don't have much time to type but I wanted to see how you were all doing and say Hi.

Sewer - Have a great trip. Lucky you.

Talk to you all later.

Hiya all,
kids went back to school today - they look so smart in their uniforms and they were so ready to go back they were excited and hopping up and down at 7am!!!! School starts at 8.55.

It's my first day at school today too - as a mid-day supervisor. Just an hour a day helping the kids with their lunches and supervising outdoor play afterwards, but it's my first job in 6 years, so wish me luck, I am soooooooo nervous....:eek: Don't know what age group I'll get till I get there - IN AN HOUR AND A HALF!!!! ARRRGGGHHHHH!

Full on worry mode HAS returned! My stomach is churning soooo much.

Cheers all.....
Tessa

Hi all!

The kids are back at school and so the rush for pictures, fundraisers, back to school nights, etc. doesn't start until next week so I thought I'd drop in and say Hi.

Sewer, how'd your trip go?

The Gymboree bug has bit me..again. I am now buying stuff on sale that DD can wear NEXT year because she already has too many clothes.

We (we..Dh..not I) painted my bedroom finally. We built our house 7 years ago and I said I'd decorate my room last. Well..since then I have gone through 3 king size duvet sets and curtains, chnaged my mind several times on paint colors, and finally decided to go with......drumroll.....beige! Palin old neutral beige. But I like it and if I change my mind again (and we all know I will) it will match! So this weekend I am pulling out my new Waverly comforter set I got at LNT amonth ago and hopefully this will be my last for at least 2-3 consecutive years.

I really want to go to Disney or anywhere really. I have become spoiled the last 2 years going for 10 days and again at Xmas. We'll only be going for 6 days (which is still good), but it's going to feel too short.

My kids are already talking about it.

I have to run and make dinner, but I hope everyone is doing well. Let's keep this thread going!

Pam

Happy new school year to all of you with little ones! My DS and DIL will be student teaching this year - they were supposed to start this week, but they have more paperwork to do first. I will be babysitting DGS 2 and DGD 6 wks on 3 mornings a week whenever they do get started!

Sewer, I KWYM about decorating - we have been in our house for 4 1/2 yrs and I got new bedding and decor stuff 6 months ago - most of it is still sitting around the room waiting for inspiration. Good luck with yours! I always like beige!

Hi to everyone! I am on my way to bed - I'll catch up later!

Hiya all,
don't know why I worried - new job is great - I get to supervise one of the classes in my littlest ones year, so I know most of the kids and there are only one or two who's behaviour is - shall we say - not up to my exacting standards;). Only an hour a day, and it passes so quickly.

Oh, and we also have walls which are "hint of warm caramel" - sounds so much nicer than beige!!:rotfl2: And just typing it makes me feel mmmmmmmmm.

Cheers,
Tessa

:angel: I am so glad I found this thread....I need to vent. Its a long story, but here goes:

Trippers: Myself, dh, dd14,dd10, ds4, dmom, ddad(for part of the trip) and now MIL and NephewIn Law(6).

Well, we booked our trip in June for Free Dining-told MIL if she and my husbands nephew wanted to go, we needed to know(neither have ever been to Disney). She wouldn't give an answer, so my dh just went ahead and added them anyway and we payed for them. Mid August my dh called me and said MIL is not going, absolutely for sure. He said "who can we get to go so our tickets don't go to waste?" So I called my dad, and he said he would love to come for a couple of days. (Dad is where my love of Disney came from!) Nephew was still coming with us. Sidenote:Nephew is my husband's brothers son. DH's brother died very suddenly in April with an unkown heart problem and he really wanted to take him to Disney this year.

So, long story short, my MIL finds out yesterday that nephew is going, so now she wants to go.:headache: My husband has booked her a flight and told her she will have to pay extra so my dad has a room and tickets. I know this will be resolved because I have checked and there is availability at CSR, but my stomach is in knots just because it isn't resolved YET. I was already not sleeping because I was excited, but now Im not sleeping because Im nervous too.....Uuuuuugggggghhhh make it go away!!!!:scared:

THANK YOU for letting me vent!

Hi Gang!
Sorry I have been MIA. I think about you guys all the time I just don’t find the time to post my boring life and crabby vents after I read and read. When I do start posting longer again you guys will be sick of me!

I hope you are all well. I hope the school year is starting out good for all of you and your little kiddies. DD has had a meet and greet and a home visit but doesn’t actually start school until the 14th. I am glad because even though she can be a handful sometimes I’ll miss her having to go every day now!

Please stick around and lurk if you have to but let's not lose this thread! I appreciate reading all your posts!!!!!

See you guys later!

Vent away momimouse27! That's what this thread is for!!! Good luck with your trip and keep us posted! Enjoy!

Hiya all,
don't know why I worried - new job is great - I get to supervise one of the classes in my littlest ones year, so I know most of the kids and there are only one or two who's behaviour is - shall we say - not up to my exacting standards;). Only an hour a day, and it passes so quickly.

Oh, and we also have walls which are "hint of warm caramel" - sounds so much nicer than beige!!:rotfl2: And just typing it makes me feel mmmmmmmmm.

Cheers,
Tessa

Great Tessa! Thank you for sharing here. Sorry I haven't responded lately. I am glad it all went well. Yeah you!

Hiya all,

Cheers,
Tessa

MMMM warm caramel sounds like a wonderful color! Glad you are enjoying your new job - you can save up lots of Disney $$ for your trip!

:angel: I am so glad I found this thread....I need to vent. Its a long story, but here goes:

Trippers: Myself, dh, dd14,dd10, ds4, dmom, ddad(for part of the trip) and now MIL and NephewIn Law(6).

Well, we booked our trip in June for Free Dining-told MIL if she and my husbands nephew wanted to go, we needed to know(neither have ever been to Disney). She wouldn't give an answer, so my dh just went ahead and added them anyway and we payed for them. Mid August my dh called me and said MIL is not going, absolutely for sure. He said "who can we get to go so our tickets don't go to waste?" So I called my dad, and he said he would love to come for a couple of days. (Dad is where my love of Disney came from!) Nephew was still coming with us. Sidenote:Nephew is my husband's brothers son. DH's brother died very suddenly in April with an unkown heart problem and he really wanted to take him to Disney this year.

So, long story short, my MIL finds out yesterday that nephew is going, so now she wants to go.:headache: My husband has booked her a flight and told her she will have to pay extra so my dad has a room and tickets. I know this will be resolved because I have checked and there is availability at CSR, but my stomach is in knots just because it isn't resolved YET. I was already not sleeping because I was excited, but now Im not sleeping because Im nervous too.....Uuuuuugggggghhhh make it go away!!!!:scared:

THANK YOU for letting me vent!

Welcome MomiMouse27! You have found the right place! It is really hard to get non-Disney family to realize that you have to plan ahead so far, and what it takes to actually make this vacation happen if you want to see everything. Don't be surprised if your MIL is underimpressed! That's what I found with my DSIS this summer - you will probably have to "unplan" a little, and let things just happen, or it will drive you nuts!

Hi Gang!
Sorry I have been MIA. I think about you guys all the time I just don’t find the time to post my boring life and crabby vents after I read and read. When I do start posting longer again you guys will be sick of me!

I hope you are all well. I hope the school year is starting out good for all of you and your little kiddies. DD has had a meet and greet and a home visit but doesn’t actually start school until the 14th. I am glad because even though she can be a handful sometimes I’ll miss her having to go every day now!

Please stick around and lurk if you have to but let's not lose this thread! I appreciate reading all your posts!!!!!

See you guys later!

Vent away momimouse27! That's what this thread is for!!! Good luck with your trip and keep us posted! Enjoy!

Debbie! It is so good to hear from you! It's okay to be crabby :mad: - just come back to us! :grouphug: I think everyone is busy with their new routines - it is so quiet lately.

Here's my latest worry - remember my Bahamas trip in Oct? Well, I am traveling there without my DH - something about he can't be gone twice in one month :confused3 and we are going to Anaheim for my convention at the end of October - he wants to see his family there - and of course the Mouse! I guess when you work a J.O.B. :rolleyes1 So, I will be meeting others on my team when I get there, but I am now worried about taking a Taxi in a foreign country like that all by myself to Atlantis. They don't have a shuttle. I tried to book a car service, but they want a copy of my CC and my driver's license :scared1: . I just can't find more info on who to call :surfweb: Maybe the Atlantis concierge? There should be lots of other gals from my company at the airport at the same time, maybe I can just see if someone will share a taxi? :confused3 Anyone been there?

On a brighter note - Just 28 days!!!! :dance3: :dance3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter