Looking For Control Freaks & Worry Warts too (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, guess I need a little more room for my Ally photos.... :rolleyes1

2008_0811Bucky0004.jpg

2008_0811Bucky0002.jpg

Does anyone getting Rachel Ray's magazine? Love it. Anyway, she has a drink recipe in there this month called a "Guiness Float". It's a Guiness beer with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream, topped with fresh whipped cream and nutmeg!:cloud9:

Nasty! (imagine the pukey smiley!)

Hey, anyone bought the "Sing Along Songs" DVDs? I just got the "At Disney's Animal Kingdom" and " at Walt Disney World" ones. Nicolas is checking them out now :goodvibes

I miss those days!

Cammie - We did watch Gilmore Girls on DVD after the series ended. The girls finished all of them, but I stopped at the beginning of Season 6 of 7. I think I didn't want to see it end. I wanted to see Luke w/Lorelai, and I don't believe that's how it ends. I was just telling Tay that I need to finish it.

I cannot hang around w/you creative people!:snooty: I am not good about hanging pictures, let alone putting them into frames.:sad2:

As long as you don't bow before it each time you pass it, it's normal!:lmao:

Well......

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Yea! It's almost 5:00! Gonna run and get Ally and then come home and make some good salads for dinner. Just can't do anything heavy tonight!

Think I'm gonna get my big ole butt up on the elliptical too! Hope it still works - it's been a year since I've used it!!!

;) Kara, looks a little off balance. I think you need three more to the right! :rotfl2:

Here's my canvas of 1 yr Nicolas.
IMG_8302.jpg

And my canvas is now going a different way - pink paint (I'm having it mixed), Chocolate letters, and the princesses will be in blocks to match her bed cover to make it more "uniform" ;) Plus I'm using a rose border - PITA to make. See it, 1000 pieces and I have to make at least 12 of them :mad:
IMG_8307.jpg

OK, I know I"m really thick, but I just can't picture it Renee! So you have to hurry up and finish it so I know what the heck you are making!

Renee - LOVE that picture of Nicholas - what a cutie-patootie!

And, love, love, love what you're doing with the canvases. Good choice!:thumbsup2

OK, I know I"m really thick, but I just can't picture it Renee! So you have to hurry up and finish it so I know what the heck you are making!
Well, you might be in for a wait. 3 hours on that rose strand you see there last night. I am hoping now that i have all the colors figured out the next one goes faster - it has to right?

Cammie - :lovestruc He was such a cute little baby. I love that picture of him. Thanks.

My example:

DSC03033.jpg

The age span is not exactly 3 months, but you get the idea.

I had to smile when I saw your pictures. For 20 years I've been taking pictures of my DH and BIL at every festive occasion in the same position and I never thought of putting them in some type of collage, but what a great idea for my mil! We have pitctures of them since the year my DH made eagle scout right up until my bil's wedding 2 years ago. Same positions each time! Thanks for the Christmas idea!

So we're packing for our camping trip up to Storyland/Santa's village this weekend. I've made nothing special for them to wear (yes I'm on the Disboutique thread too) so they'll going to have to rough it. The weather isn't helping me pack the trailer. It's been rain, rain, rain for the past few days and I don't see it clearing up until Wednesday - we leave Thursday!

How's everyone's planning going for the big trip??

I had to smile when I saw your pictures. For 20 years I've been taking pictures of my DH and BIL at every festive occasion in the same position and I never thought of putting them in some type of collage, but what a great idea for my mil! We have pitctures of them since the year my DH made eagle scout right up until my bil's wedding 2 years ago. Same positions each time! Thanks for the Christmas idea!

I can't believe I'm giving people ideas - especially you, Tina, and Renee. You two are like the queens of creativity! Glad I could help though!

So we're packing for our camping trip up to Storyland/Santa's village this weekend. I've made nothing special for them to wear (yes I'm on the Disboutique thread too) so they'll going to have to rough it. The weather isn't helping me pack the trailer. It's been rain, rain, rain for the past few days and I don't see it clearing up until Wednesday - we leave Thursday!

How's everyone's planning going for the big trip??

You're going to Storyland and Santa's Village - Awwwww! I remember those days! We used to go every June - very cute places. I'm so sad my girls have outgrown that!

;) Kara, looks a little off balance. I think you need three more to the right! :rotfl2:

Here's my canvas of 1 yr Nicolas.

You silly, silly girls! Just glad you aren't bickering any more!:lmao:

What a cutie!!:) I am impressed w/your Snow White. Will Mia's pic go on it somewhere?

I am so ready to go home. And it's only Monday...

To Michelle and all the other Control Freak Mom's out there! Flying to Disney? That's the only way to go!! you are going to love flying, especially when your flight ends with Disney's Magical Express. My home airport, Portland, ME finally added one daily non-stop to Orlando and I booked it for the long weekend in November (kids have Mon AND Tues. off) I love when my Disney package comes in the mail and I get brand new luggage tags - I get so excited, but my family thinks I'm insane and gives me the "OMG, it's weirdo Mom again" look
Magical Express fits so neatly into a CF's plans! It took me a long time to convert to staying on-site, but when people ask what I love most about Disney my answer is always "staying on-site and not feeling the need to go out -of-the-park". Not renting a car, not waiting for 2 hours for dinner, not driving around trying to find a restaurant that pleases everyone and not having to park at each theme park.....what a relief! We are staying at Coronado Springs Resort for the 2nd time this November. Also enjoyed Port Orleans FQ, but like the Pepper Market at CSR better. Also liked the Grand Floridian when our kids were smaller because we could put them to bed, turn out lights and stay out on the balcony until they fell asleep - then go back in when they were asleep and watch tv!
The Dining Plan is tailor-made for people like us, you can read all the menus ahead of time, review them with your family and then plan away! I plan our park days around what dinner reservations I can get. I plan dinner at specific hotels to coincide with fireworks - i.e, dinner at Kona at the Poly with enough time after to shop in lobby shops and then head out to the beach area to see the MK fireworks. Once we were lucky enough to be in the front car of the monorail at the exact moment of fireworks display at MK - awesome - who needs the sound when you have your kids saying "Awww-ewwwww"!! You can do the same with dinner at Whispering Canyon too!
Some of our favorite Table Service meals are at: Kona, Cape May Cafe, Wolfgang Puck, Whispering Canyon, Teppan Edo, Le Cellier, 1900 Park Fare and Boma Breakfast Buffet!!
Favorite counter service - Wolfgang Puck (best Disney cs deal - use as a dinner), Pepper Market (best resort cs-even rib eye steak is a cs!), Columbia Harbor House (best MK cs meal), Earl of Sandwich, Lottawatta Lodge at Blizzard Beach (cs meals are large enough to share).
I type up our itinerary including meals and post it on the wall in our room for all of us to read each day!
Another helpful hint is that we travel with a large duffle bag with 2 air twin air mattresses and 2 twin FITTED sheets. Disney beds are only doubles and not big enough for 1 adult and 1 kid - I don't care how small you are! This way we all get a bed. We blow up the beds on first night and then keep them standing upright against the wall during the day. We call housekeeping and they bring the extra top sheet, blanket and pillow. We bring the fitted because hotels don't use fitted and they never stay tucked under an airmatres. And, the kids think it's cool to bring Disney sheets from home.
Disney bus system is fun and you'll meet so many interesting people on the bus. Last year a nice family gave my daughter a stuffed animal because their son had too many to bring home on the plane. We plan on paying-it-forward this year!
Well, that's enough for now. I am vacationing on Cape Cod and it's time:cheer2: to put on my Control Freak hat and figure out where to have dinner!!

Hey guys! Well, got over to the tennis courts to find that the lessons had been cancelled - the courts are too wet. I wish the darn instructor had at least called to tell us. He starts lessons at 8:30am, so he certainly had enough time to call. Now Lauren's annoyed she had to get up early. Yeah - getting up at 9:30 is early for her!:rolleyes:

Thanks for commiserating re: the ex. I just worry that as Lauren hits these teen years, he's just going to do and say alot of wrong things. I mean, she has daddy issues to beging with because of the way he left; now he wants to critique her clothes, and then what else? She's a good girl; wish he'd just sit back and let her just be.:sad2:

I think there is just a @$10 price jump to go from 3 to 4 days. Depending on what time people got in, you could hit a park for a few hours; then jump over to DTD at night when, hopefully, the rest of us get in. Personally, if it was just me, I'd LOVE to walk around MK by myself and just soak up the sights!:cloud9: Don't know if it'd be worth the extra expense for others just to do that though.

Oh, I'm not worried! I'd LOVE for you guys to just deliver a man to me!:lmao:

Yay! What a relief, Laura!

Cammie, sorry the tennis lessons were cancelled - maybe this will help you feel better:

ts

I hope you all know I'm joking around - I'm not that type of girl! (don't want you all to think you're vacationing with a tramp!:rotfl: )

Of course we know - its just fun to tease!

Does anyone getting Rachel Ray's magazine? Love it. Anyway, she has a drink recipe in there this month called a "Guiness Float". It's a Guiness beer with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream, topped with fresh whipped cream and nutmeg!

Kara - Add to the 9/09 shopping list: Guiness beer, vanilla bean ice cream, and ....... oh, the heck with the whipped cream. Let's cut out those unnecessary calories!:laughing:

Oh, I think you should leave out the ice cream and nutmeg too - save more calories....:rolleyes1

Guys - I just had to share this with you. It was posted on the POTD thread.

I think it's one of the most beautiful pictures of Illuminations I've ever seen!:love:

348206291_K2Nro-O.jpg

That's beautiful! I have never seen Illuminations - do you guys see it every time,, she says hopefully....

Death trap.... :sad2: I'm sure more have died on IASW than ToT, from BOREDOM!!!!! Or going nutty from all the dolls, and singing that darn song for days!!!

I will ride TOT with you, Kara! I love to hate it!

I will go with you, Cammie. I go on EVERYTHING. I want to hang around w/the group that goes on everything. JK. I would really like to try to hang around together as much as possible, split into small groups when we don't agree on what we want to do, and use our cells to stay in touch/meet up again. It will be chaotic:eek: , but FUN!

I'll go on everything!! :yay: I'll even do IASW - I just love to be a kid!

OK, guess I need a little more room for my Ally photos.... :rolleyes1

2008_0811Bucky0004.jpg

2008_0811Bucky0002.jpg

Yeah, I've got some issues.... Jeff calls it the Ally shrine! :rotfl2:

Did you mean your Ally shrine? Oh! Jeff already asked! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Tessa! I'm glad you're back and had a good time! Look what we've been up to while you're gone!

Renee - my DIL was telling me all about the cricuit last night - we might go in on one together and share it! :banana:

Cammie! Bring that RR recipe book along! We could have alot of fun with that! BTW There was a really cute bartender at the Grandstand Pool Bar last year - maybe he'll still be there :thumbsup2

Hey Pam, welcome back from your weekend! I'm getting so excited to do our girl's trip with such fun people!

Debbie? :confused3

I loved everyone's pics! My kids are giving me a really bad time about my lack of updated pics on the wall.

I broke the news of our trip to Jim the other day - I guess I mentioned it - after he said, " a LONG WEEKEND????" He got up and left the room, was grouchy for the rest of the night, and now it hasn't come up again. I'll have to pick a "friendlier" moment to talk about it with him :rotfl2:

I think he has pictures of me trolling for men with Cammie :lmao: J/K. He does think I'm so naive that I'll get myself into bad situations. I'll have to tell him that Kara will look out for me! ;)

I was thinking about our various talents we can contribute - I probably haven't thought of all of them yet- help me out:

Cammie - bartender
Debbie - photographer
Kara - wardrobe
Renee - scrapbook planning
Pam - activities director
Tammie - Spa and Facials
Laura - lost and found

Okay, better check out some other threads - :grouphug:

To Michelle and all the other Control Freak Mom's out there! Flying to Disney? That's the only way to go!! you are going to love flying, especially when your flight ends with Disney's Magical Express. My home airport, Portland, ME finally added one daily non-stop to Orlando and I booked it for the long weekend in November (kids have Mon AND Tues. off) I love when my Disney package comes in the mail and I get brand new luggage tags - I get so excited, but my family thinks I'm insane and gives me the "OMG, it's weirdo Mom again" look
Magical Express fits so neatly into a CF's plans! It took me a long time to convert to staying on-site, but when people ask what I love most about Disney my answer is always "staying on-site and not feeling the need to go out -of-the-park". Not renting a car, not waiting for 2 hours for dinner, not driving around trying to find a restaurant that pleases everyone and not having to park at each theme park.....what a relief! We are staying at Coronado Springs Resort for the 2nd time this November. Also enjoyed Port Orleans FQ, but like the Pepper Market at CSR better. Also liked the Grand Floridian when our kids were smaller because we could put them to bed, turn out lights and stay out on the balcony until they fell asleep - then go back in when they were asleep and watch tv!
The Dining Plan is tailor-made for people like us, you can read all the menus ahead of time, review them with your family and then plan away! I plan our park days around what dinner reservations I can get. I plan dinner at specific hotels to coincide with fireworks - i.e, dinner at Kona at the Poly with enough time after to shop in lobby shops and then head out to the beach area to see the MK fireworks. Once we were lucky enough to be in the front car of the monorail at the exact moment of fireworks display at MK - awesome - who needs the sound when you have your kids saying "Awww-ewwwww"!! You can do the same with dinner at Whispering Canyon too!
Some of our favorite Table Service meals are at: Kona, Cape May Cafe, Wolfgang Puck, Whispering Canyon, Teppan Edo, Le Cellier, 1900 Park Fare and Boma Breakfast Buffet!!
Favorite counter service - Wolfgang Puck (best Disney cs deal - use as a dinner), Pepper Market (best resort cs-even rib eye steak is a cs!), Columbia Harbor House (best MK cs meal), Earl of Sandwich, Lottawatta Lodge at Blizzard Beach (cs meals are large enough to share).
I type up our itinerary including meals and post it on the wall in our room for all of us to read each day!
Another helpful hint is that we travel with a large duffle bag with 2 air twin air mattresses and 2 twin FITTED sheets. Disney beds are only doubles and not big enough for 1 adult and 1 kid - I don't care how small you are! This way we all get a bed. We blow up the beds on first night and then keep them standing upright against the wall during the day. We call housekeeping and they bring the extra top sheet, blanket and pillow. We bring the fitted because hotels don't use fitted and they never stay tucked under an airmatres. And, the kids think it's cool to bring Disney sheets from home.
Disney bus system is fun and you'll meet so many interesting people on the bus. Last year a nice family gave my daughter a stuffed animal because their son had too many to bring home on the plane. We plan on paying-it-forward this year!
Well, that's enough for now. I am vacationing on Cape Cod and it's time:cheer2: to put on my Control Freak hat and figure out where to have dinner!!

casica - Lots of info there - hope you have a great trip!

Tammie - I do love my cricut. Here is a tip - EBAY! Seriously. I bought mine online through a store in Utah for what I thought was a really cheap deal - then found them being sold by scrapbook stores on Ebay, and most going for around $100-120 for the Chirp (smaller one). I thought I wouldn't want to do big things, so I passed on the expression (larger one) I can't tell you how much I regret that. The chirp can only go as small as 1 inch and up to 5.5 inches - but what you don't know is that is a height measurement, so you can see where that is a bit misleading because you can't flip the images. On the bigger one it goes down to 1/4 inch and up to 23.4 I think. I've seen those go for less than I paid for my chirp on Ebay too. Cartridges are another thing. $99 retail, $59 on sale at Joanns - generally it takes a few auctions, but around $20-30 is what I've paid for mine! Just my tips! But I LOVE LOVE LOVE mine! Very worth the money - and FYI - Wasau papers (get them at Target via packs) are thinner and give you a cleaner cut than Bazzil, SU, Quickutz or other papers! :thumbsup2

Cammie - :rolleyes1 "You're the meaning in my life, you're the inspiration":rolleyes1 Come on... you know the words. :lmao:

Seriously though, you sell yourself short in your creativity department:sad2: Straighten up or I'll have Kara get a lime green shirt made for you that reads "Free to a man with a good room : DISer (or we could put "Hussie" :lmao:) with Self Esteem Issues .... fine print - must be deluxe category room or higher"

Kara - can you make the shirt above? Since Cammie thinks they are a little "unattractive" can you Bedazzle hers?:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Maybe some puff paint or some glitter glue too please. :confused:

Pam- no pictures on the canvas, just wall art with her name.

Mia's been in a mood today. I'm counting the minutes until bedtime tonight (which is soon :cheer2: ) and DH knows this. His laundry is in my van - in the garage. He asks if i picked it up - yes. "Well, can you go out there and get it for me, 'cause I'll forget. He walks THROUGH the garage to come in. WTH???? So I tell him, you know what, when you come home remind me and I will go out to the garage to get YOUR laundry. Know what he says... "OKAY"

DOOFUS!

Hi Gang!
Here I am finally. I started to read back but said forget it. If I do that right now I will never get to say "HI". I hope you were all good while I was gone. Have I missed a lot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter