Looking for Control Freaks & Worry Warts - Part 4!!!

pam-first of all you get major kudos for getting her in to counseling. It is a sign of a goo mom. I know it can be tought but we are here for you. Hugs! The trip will do everyone good.

Hi Kara--l suppose you are going nuts over the constant move talk. Tim did that to me last night after he got home. Apparently there are some openings out east (NYC) and his old boss wants him to think about them. I could handle Chicago but NYC area might be a bit tough. My heart goes out to you.

Jillian-- have a "good" weekend. Boom-chica-boom-boom :)

I haven't heard from Cammie for a while- I thought for sure she.d be here gloating about the yankees.

Hi Tammie- I got your FB mesg.

I did it. I booked the CSR for 7 days in Oct. Tim doesn't know yet. Im still waiting on a good deal to make it more affordable. C'mon PIN. CSR hsn't finalized its DDP offerings yet. The CM mentioned that they aren't final until 1/1/10. Yikes. I did notice that the MYW has a discount on the spa there. I may have the girls hair braided to avoid BBB--still undecided on that. My ADR date is April25. I have some time to think about all of those I need to get. I can't decide on the DDP or DXDP. I'm working on it. The only other thing I need to consider is that it is FW and I may munch our way around Epcot.

Hi to everyone else!

Hi all!:hippie:

I am two weeks away from tomorrow! OMG. Work has been horrific. I will be glad to get away, and will be able to leave it all behind, as I am hoping it will be a quiet 2 weeks. The first week, we have a large conference that most on my teams will be attending, and the second week a lot of people are taking vacation. We converted to almost all new systems on Monday, so we have been preparing for that and then it actually happened and we are learning and struggling thru things.

I am seriously behind here.

We traced our Mickeys on our t-shirts and I sewed them w/fishing line over the weekend, and tonight we are doing the tie-dying. I am hoping to do the iron ons tomorrow night, and Friday night, I need to get out and shop for Taylor's birthday (11/12). Big middle school event on Saturday, and I am heading up and working the bake-sale w/my side-kick, Darrin, and a few other volunteers, and November bday party at my mom's on Sunday.

We've been having some problems w/Megan and have been doing counseling for her and have had one session ourselves w/the counselor. She feels depressed. She's been giving us a hard time lately, arguing a lot, and talking back, mostly to me. I know that it's not drugs and alcohol. She failed Chemistry for the 9-weeks, but w/the exam, barely passed so she doesn't have to make it up in summer school. Eligibility is based on the grade before exam, so she was taken out of band for the last couple of games. That was a huge blow for her. I think she was in denial and didn't think it could happen. Band is a big part of her life/social scene. We didn't go to the game last Friday, and aren't going this Friday. With how crazy things are, I am kind of glad. I also think it is teaching her a lesson. We are reading parenting books that the counselor suggested. It's been getting me kind of down, and I haven't wanted to talk about it much. Thanks for listening! She's entering this "tunnel" that I have heard so much about, and I cannot wait for her to exit it. She has really changed. I know she's growing up, but it just hurts my feelings so much when she is disrespectful. I was afraid of hurting my mom that much! I was in no way perfect - I just kept many things from my mom, but I don't think that I talked to my mom the way Megan has been talking to me, or at least not on a regular basis. I am afraid to ask my mom, but I need to! Maybe I am afraid of the answer! Again, thanks for listening!!

I hope to be back on later to catch up....:grouphug:
I'm so sorry you are going through this. It is just a tough time. I was a handful at that age - said some pretty mean things, but I remember not really knowing why I felt that way and just wanting my mom to make all okay, but not being able to tell her that. :hug: I'm sure it will get better. It is just a rough patch, but I hope it gets better for you sooner!:flower3:

Hiya girls,

But, ultimately, being a mum is not about being a friend, it is about raising a child and guiding them towards the right choices in life. Friendship will come later...

Tessa
Tessa, I'm having depressive issues over Nicolas and his little mouth. He seems to take pride in taking out things on me and really saying hurtful things - things that break my heart because I don't want of him to think of me like that. You statement was so relevant and needed for me. A good reminder that there is a job to do by being the parent. :) Thanks for that!:flower3:

:cheer2:on the weight loss. I must get motivated again.

pam-first of all you get major kudos for getting her in to counseling. It is a sign of a goo mom. I know it can be tought but we are here for you. Hugs! The trip will do everyone good.

Hi Kara--l suppose you are going nuts over the constant move talk. Tim did that to me last night after he got home. Apparently there are some openings out east (NYC) and his old boss wants him to think about them. I could handle Chicago but NYC area might be a bit tough. My heart goes out to you.

Jillian-- have a "good" weekend. Boom-chica-boom-boom :)

I haven't heard from Cammie for a while- I thought for sure she.d be here gloating about the yankees.

Hi Tammie- I got your FB mesg.

I did it. I booked the CSR for 7 days in Oct. Tim doesn't know yet. Im still waiting on a good deal to make it more affordable. C'mon PIN. CSR hsn't finalized its DDP offerings yet. The CM mentioned that they aren't final until 1/1/10. Yikes. I did notice that the MYW has a discount on the spa there. I may have the girls hair braided to avoid BBB--still undecided on that. My ADR date is April25. I have some time to think about all of those I need to get. I can't decide on the DDP or DXDP. I'm working on it. The only other thing I need to consider is that it is FW and I may munch our way around Epcot.

Hi to everyone else!
Laura, have you tried ordering the planning video? That is generally where I get my PIN letters, tucked in the packaging of the video. :confused3 Let me know if you need my uber out of control spreadsheet on OOP, DDP, and DDxP :lmao::rotfl2:

Kara, still thinking of you. Have they found the wacko? Also, this back and forth all the time for moving has got to be pulling on you! For goodness sake, going to the values must be slumming it compaired to being at home! :rotfl2:

We leave next weekend - woo-hoo. I'm getting my hair done this weekend. Right now I'm back to blond highlights, but I'm craving to go more reddish (NOT AS RED AS LAST YEAR! :lmao:) but more reddish blond. We'll see. I'm hesitant to do it with the every looming Christmas Party for Carlos' work. They haven't seen me for at least 3 years, or should I say 40 pounds ago. I just hate to go. :confused3 Maybe I'll feel REALLY sick that day. :rotfl:

Then next weekend we leave! :banana::dance3:

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I love you all and I know that you are right. It just hurts, and we are really good friends. Now, all of a sudden, I feel like my friend is turning on me. Darrin and I haven't been really clear on setting boundaries and punishment for the girls, because we haven't needed to until now, and it's really biting us, hard. She's just turned very disrespectful. She says something mean in a bad tone, then I say something mean that I don't mean. Yesterday, I told her I didn't want her going to WDW w/us! :scared1: I do not mean that at all. I get emotional. I just want my friend to go w/me, not the thing that seems to possess her more often these days...Thanks for listening!:flower3:

I WILL BE LANDING IN WDW EXACTLY 2 WEEKS FROM RIGHT NOW!:eek:
Work has been awful, and I am getting my ducks lined up to be out, early, rather than later next week, when I will feel rushed. I took a mental break.

I will be back later...I don't mean to be selfish. I need to respond to all of you. Everyone has so much going on...

it does seem to be a right of passage with the mouthy mouth kids get when they get to school. :headache:9 days!!! that is fantastic. :banana: Please send me the spreadsheet. I need it.

i'm getting katie's birthday party planned. She really wants a monster vs aliens cake but I didnt get the pieces in time so I am now scrambling to pull something together. The house is fairly well put together. I'm just so not into it and I feel really bad. My focus is the trip and getting her potty trained. I need to get my focus on the now.:rolleyes1

Hey All!

Pam - I think it's the Megan name! Mine is finally doing better with her councilor and honestly I swear by them! I do think it's the age because they want to be an adult but they are still kids. This is the begining of teenagers! I read a great book called "Why Girls talk and what they are saying' that helped me to understand some things. Hang in there and come here often we all love you!!! We just realized the my Megan is having social skills problems because she isn't mature enough to realize what the problems are. I've just come to grasp that even though she's in middle school and is 10, her mind is still in elementary school and she's probably age 8. Be patient with her and remember this is all a hormonal phase. Besides that resort to lots of chocolate!!

Kara - DON'T MOVE!! How could he even consider it when you're having so much fun at the clubhouse? Did he see the pool you have access to??? HELLO!?!?

Laura - congrats on the booking trip!!

Tessa - 1 lb here is 2 lbs there! I'm ashamed to say that I've probably eaten about 1 lb of Halloween candy in the last few days, but I'm walking!!! Keep up the good work!

Erin - it's starting to get cold here too! It's in the 40s - 50s most days. Raining today - at least it's not snow - my friend in Colorado got 30 inches of snow last week!

Glad to hear everyone is doing well. I've been knee deep in Girl Scout and American Girl Doll stuff. One of my GS co-leaders is about to go through a divorce so I'm trying to handle the troop without stressing her out. Made a bunch of AG dresses for the holidays now I need to make some to sell. The girls and I are going to see the Christmas Carol movie Saturday with mil, bil and sil so wish me luck that I don't get hauled away by the police! Those people make me crazy.

Hellooooooo!

It's been awhile and I'm still not totally caught up.

Pam - just talked to you so....... yea on the tickets for the DISmoms trip!

Lorrie and Tessa - y'all need to get fake names and get on facebook!

Laura - we wanna see pics of the party! Good luck!

Oh, heck, I'm not gonna run down the list. Too much to do today! Here's the scoop though.

Company still keeps talking about moving us back to SC. But there is so much to consider. We had a market analysis done on our house and let me just say :scared1: The company would have to buy us out for what we paid 2 years ago, plus the outdoor room addition we put in - and did I mention we put up a fence last week? So when you add that all up, the company would lose about $150K. And that's if they could turn around and sell the house soon for what they would ask.

Then when you figure in that we have been in this house and our last house only about 2 years each, that kills our equity. No time to build equity. And the lending restrictions are so tight now that it would be tough for us to buy what we want in SC. And I don't think it's right to ask us to move if it's not moving UP. So........

I told Jeff I will go if we need to, but I won't like it. And I will be REALLY upset if I find out he did NOT throw out some options... like running both operations. He could get two good assistant mgrs and then commute between the two locations. It is definitely an option..... And it would save the company money in the long run. Plus, they talked about promoting him to a regional position anyway, so this could be the start of that.

Keep your fingers crossed!!!!

never thought about the equity part. That sucks.

Pam are you going to go to the legendary DIS moms trip?????

I will get pics up after Sat. Should be cute. BTW Target up here has just reduced all the left over costumes to 75% off....

Pam - have fun making your shirt - that was my favorite pre-trip experience!

Pam! You are getting so close! How did the shirts come out?

We did THE shirts tonight! They are in the plastic bags, and I will rinse them in the AM. I hope they turned out cute. If so, I'll post pics! Now I need to do my iron ons. We're only making the two matching shirts. That's all I could get my family to agree to!

Pam, I'm thinking we miss each other by a couple of days. We get in early Sat 14th and leave out late Mon 16 - just a quick trip.

Bummer, Lorrie! We leave 11/19. (Did I say that is in 13 more days?!)

So far, 78 and abundant sunshine projected. :goodvibes I know that it will change, but that is nice to hear for now! ;)

Glad to hear it! I hope that carries on to the next week! I'd personally like it a little cooler, but hope for no rain!

Laura - I laughed about the MOM jeans! For my old age, I cannot stand anything around my waist, so I am wearing the low hipster jeans. I've become on of THOSE moms I used to laugh at - one that trys to dress young. I just have to make sure my shirts are long enough so I don't show anything in the back!:scared1: I wear a lot of my girls hand me downs! They want to give totally good stuff to Goodwill. :confused3 BUT NO FANNY PACKS, I promise! I love my hipster, and my backpack, now decorated w/all of my keeper pins! You're making another cake? I loved the eyeball one!

Erin - Your 3 months will go so fast, especially since a third of it is the holiday season! Sorry it's too cold for your liking. I wish you could send it our way. We have had a beautiful week, tho! Mid 70's and sunny....Can't complain!

Kara - I hope Jeff's job/your possible move works out for you. We all know how much you will miss those snakes and alligators! I cannot even comprehend moving. I've lived here since I was 12! Darrin was born here!

Tina - I need to look for the book you mentioned. Right now, I am reading Parenting Teens With Love & Logic and Surviving Your Adolescents, both suggested by the counselor. We had a really good day today. I am realizing that I just need to pull back and give her space. I do tend to baby my girls, I do so much for them and don't allow them to be independent. I'm working hard on that. Chocolate always helps everything for me. Eat dessert first!:laughing:

Tammie - "I am two weeks away from tomorrow!" That does sound like I am in a time machine! What I meant to say was Tomorrow I am two weeks away from our trip!!:rotfl2: I've been a mess lately! Heck, I'm always a mess! Is it good to be home after your long time away?

Tessa - Pumpkin pie w/whipped cream. YUM. It is just about pumpkin pie season! Our Thanksgiving is Nov 26. You have made me want a midnight snack to go w/my mocha. I am going to be sorry I am consuming this caffeine! Don't be so hard on yourself about a pound! Are you still doing a lot of walking?

Lorrie - I think you should go red! I was red for several years, then just recently went to red and blond highlights in my natural color. I am really wanting to go red again.

Tessa and Lorrie - You need to get fake FB names and join us! The rest of us are all there!

Jillian - You get alone time, then couple time this weekend? I'm totally jealous. How's your Christmas shopping going?

Debbie - I want to get the N1H1 vaccine very badly. We've all managed to stay well so far. I won't embarass my family by wearing the mask on the plane. It might cause unneeded tension w/Megan.:rotfl2: I will take my Airborne and I will be armed w/my antibacterial wipes, gel and Lysol. Do you feel OK after getting it? I felt totally fine after the regular shot. I usually do.

Cammie - I'm glad your Yankees won. I was tired of baseball being on every night!

Hi to anyone I missed!:flower3:

I am going on the DISMom trip! I booked my air today. Got non-stop on AA for $220 total. I think I will change my 7-day one park/day ticket to an AP when we are there in a couple of weeks. I've never done something like this (vacation w/out family), but am really feeling lately like I need to do something like this for myself and that I deserve it! Darrin seems totally fine w/it and so do the kids. I dread telling my sister because she always asks me to travel w/her and I don't. It will cause some hurt feelings. We've gone on little weekend road trips, but that's all. I am very excited. I told Darrin to go ahead and make it my birthday, Christmas AND Mother's Day present. We are supposed to go to Las Vegas and renew our wedding vows for our 20th anniversary around May 12. I told him I didn't want to cruise because I didn't want to spend the money!:eek: Now I feel bad. I love LV and we have a blast there together. Is that bad????:confused:

I'm going to be up all night. Not tired at all. Trying to remember the last time I pulled an all nighter!;)

Hiya girls,

nope - not giving in on facebook, too much to do, too little time to do it!!

We are coming to the end of a shouty mum time, and getting more mellow as winter approaches - I think the change in the weather just gets us all snarky with each other. The girls have been getting all wrapped up in their fleecy dressing gowns and watching Strictly come Dancing - our version of Dancing with the Stars. They love to predict the scores.

Got to go sort out our airmiles - they put them in the wrong account - means I have to fill out a form and send it snail-mail..... at least our postal strikes are over....

Tessa

Yeah Pam on going on the Dismom trip - I wish I could go, but going to Disney without Dh is one thing that would put us into divorce court.

Had a horrible night with the girls over homework. DD10 forgot her homework at school AGAIN!! DH dragged her back to school at 5pm to get it out of her locker. I don't understand how difficult it is to put the paper into your folder in your backpack everyday. Plus DH had driven her back to school around 3pm after her councilor appt, so she could go to sports club - if she knew she didn't have her homework why didn't she speak up then. I told her she couldn't go to sports club until she brought/did her homework everyday next week. Then DD7 comes to me with a paper to sign saying she didn't do her homework 1 day last week - WHAT! :mad: We come from the bus to the table everyday! She did her homework every day last week, what happened to it?:confused3 I actually got so angry I had to leave and go to Michaels (I didn't dare go to Joanne's) and walk around. I bought a sketch pad and colored pencils so I can draw out my outfits. By the time I got home they had eaten dinner and finished up. Honestly it's whenever DH is home on his day off that these kids are out of control. When he's not home our routine is uninterrupted and there's no problems!!

WHEW! Ok so here's the pictures of the yellow dresses I just finished. They were suppose to be more 1950s style, but look more like Easter dresses I think. This is Samantha modeling them for me.
IMG_1446.jpg
IMG_1447.jpg

Now I'm off to make 2 New Years Eve dresses because I think I'm going to let them have a party - we'll see - and a Minnie Mouse dress for Mickey's Day on 11/18 - the day Steamboat Willie came out.

So I'm wondering if we should do a Holiday Exchange of sorts!! Maybe a $10 limit, but like a Secret Mickey Santa! Everyone sends a PM to me, I'll send out a questionnaire to help with the purchasing and I'll make matches. Gifts can be bought, made, pulled out of your closet, whatever! Then you can send them a small gift that can't be opened until the Holiday. What do you guys think?? I don't know if it's something we can do :confused3- so if it's against policy - sorry!! We just love the Holiday season here at my house and anytime we can share it!!

Oh Tina that dress is gorgeous! I would love to buy a couple from you - did you say a Minnie Mouse dress??? Perfect! PM me with your prices.....

Also, Ally loves the color blue. Mainly light blue - anything there?

Hi girls busy but fun weekend ahead. Tonight we are leaving for Providence for a little getaway My mom and sister and Luca will join me tonight and then it's Mike tomorrow night. He needs to get away he works everyday and we never see him. I'm not sure how it's going to go since he is in the mood of the century.

I am going to attempt more Christmas shopping this weekend it is just going by too fast. I feel like everything is speeding by at 100 MPH. :confused3

Well I am off to do some laundry and pack. Then load the dishwasher and give the dog a bath. I swear I do more when I am home then when I work:laundy: By the way why does this smiley have a smile on it's face while doing laundry????

So I'm wondering if we should do a Holiday Exchange of sorts!! Maybe a $10 limit, but like a Secret Mickey Santa! Everyone sends a PM to me, I'll send out a questionnaire to help with the purchasing and I'll make matches. Gifts can be bought, made, pulled out of your closet, whatever! Then you can send them a small gift that can't be opened until the Holiday. What do you guys think?? I don't know if it's something we can do :confused3- so if it's against policy - sorry!! We just love the Holiday season here at my house and anytime we can share it!!

Just skimming .. i looove this idea totally!! I looove Christmas!! I would love to send you all a little English something too :hug:

Kara - I do have a nice light blue with white flowers I'll post a picture of it before I cut it.

I'd post it now, but I just finished cutting fabric for 5 dresses over the last 3 hours and my back is KILLING ME! I'm doing New Year's Eve dresses with a velour top and then a sequined bottom skirt; white, black and purple (3 different dresses each color) and a pink sequined top with pink heart skirt and then the Minnie Dress. I need to do a slip and shorts for the Minnie dress so that's going to take a little longer. Let me post pictures and then let me know what you think!!

I'm so excited people are signing up for the Secret Mickey!! I've yet to hear from Deb if it's ok, so once she gives her blessing then we're good!

Tessa - Hate stuff like that, where you have to take so much time to sort it out and it wasn't your mistake! I have a credit charge like that. It was $7 and they charged me $20. Almost not worth the time to fill out the form and mail it in. I am going to try calling them instead. Uggh. Hear ya about the FB. I get totally consumed between there and here. It's lots of fun tho!

Jillian - Have fun on your trip! Ha about the laundry smiley! I don't smile when doing it, either! It's more like :headache:

Tina - The dresses are beautiful! I envy your talent! I hear ya about the homework thing. So far, it's only Megan we have issues w/on that. Taylor worries constantly about her homework - so far....Things have been better at our house. I am really trying, too. I need to check the online grades before I leave today to see if she will have tv, iTouch and comupter for the next few days. I dread it. I'm in on the Christmas thing! Thanks for organizing!

We made our tie dye Mickey shirts last night. They turned out cute, but our Mickey's look a little like hearts, and Darrin's looks like a blob! I am trying to think of a way to define Mickey, maybe cutting the pattern we used, pinning it on the shirt, and doing some type of airbushing around the stencil in white to define his head? I wonder if Michael's sells some type of blow thru a straw or battery operated airbush system relatively cheap? Hmmmm.....Us girls can do studs or rhinestones, but I don't think that would work for Darrin!:lmao: Once they look totally cute, I will share....

TGIF, and I totally don't feel like working today....

Tina - love the dresses - and of course I'm in! :santa: Love Christmas!

Pam - I'll PM you. Oh and don't forget to post pics of the shirts!

Jillian - hope you're having a good time. The laundry person is smiling because she's doing laundry for DISNEY!!! :yay:

I'm getting very excited about the Secret Mickey list - lots of people are signing up!! I've signed up for a few swaps on the AG doll board I'm on and I can't wait to see what DD10 gets. Of course I have to make/buy a few things myself to send to someone else, but what fun!

So tonight we're going to the IMAX theater with my in-laws to see the Christmas Carol movie. The girls don't know where we're going so it should be fun. I just have to get through my BIL's dinner. :sad2: I'm sorry but even after the man get's a diploma from J&W his brother (my DH, who's taken no classes)can still cook better then he can. Plus I have to take 2 hours of BIl's pompus talk and MIL's whowisme about her life/house/etc. SANCTUARY!!!

KARA - ok here's the light blue fabric I have with a strip of lace. Tell me yes or no if this was the color you were looking for????
IMG_1449.jpg

You can see the fabric for the other dresses on the sides! IS THAT MINNIE FABRIC I SEE to the right?!?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter