Looking for Control Freaks & Worry Warts - Part 4!!!

:cool1: So glad you have a trip brewing! Laura, I'm telling you with Katie there too, the deluxe will just not work as well - seriously it won't. Mia was so antsy and not eager to sit down and seriously the "counter" meals worked out so well for us. Dollar for dollar though, the savings wasn't that huge on one vs the other - but my two cents is just do the regular dining plan and OOP the extras. :) We liked the room at the Mods. I would say if nothing changed, only CSR has Queen beds, rest have full - which Carlos hated. I would put my money towards a room upgrade rather than food. Again, just my 2 cents from a mom that had a sick/overheated one, antsy one, and pissy one on board for a week! :rotfl:

Pam, I'm thinking we miss each other by a couple of days. We get in early Sat 14th and leave out late Mon 16 - just a quick trip.

TGM lasts until your trip, so if you buy and your trip is Dec 2025, it goes until then.

Thanks for all of your wishes. It is just sad - sad on so many levels. Playing what if about his relationship with me and the kids is hard. He's never had much to do with them, and knowing his "southern" roots, I expected as much, but it still hurts to have that affect your kids. Then part of you aches because you know the end is swiftly coming, yet the person you once new is no longer there - it is a very sad, odd situation.

As for the trip, what little bit I've talked to you guys is all I have thought about it. I need to get going. I haven't booked the party, and I'll just see what the weather is like. My heart kinda yearns to go to MK. I still have the picture that Cammie send of the Castle on my phone. I just would love to see it at night. :cloud9:

I guess I need to think about packing. :headache: I bet the weather forcast is already up. I guess I need to do that too!

Tammie - thinking of you and your family. :goodvibes

Lorrie! We miss you!:grouphug: So sorry you are going through so much right now. My thoughts and prayers are with you all. I hope you can get away and just have fun and forget everything at home for a few days. Tell me again what you ended up with - I know it was scrapbook vs. WDW - did you finally choose WDW?

Meant to ask this - I think I have before and at the time only Tammie had done it... Anyone use the express checkin 10 days before you arrive via the website? I am wondering if we should do this or not? We get in mid-day, so there isn't a huge concern about it filling up before we check in.

Lorrie! We miss you!:grouphug: So sorry you are going through so much right now. My thoughts and prayers are with you all. I hope you can get away and just have fun and forget everything at home for a few days. Tell me again what you ended up with - I know it was scrapbook vs. WDW - did you finally choose WDW?

Yep, we are at the BeachClub for two nights, doing DTD the first day, then EPCOT, then DHS. :banana:

HAPPY MONDAY!:confused3

We used the express checkin on our last trip and it was ok. There's either the usual line or the express line, but the spiel at the desk is the same. It saved time with the cc linked to the room key.

Finished two yellow American Girl dresses last night - they look more like spring dresses then 1950 style dresses. I have to sew some buttons on to one of them and then they will be done. Next - aprons, a Minnie dress, Nellie's green coat and New Year's dresses. I finished some clay cookies for a cookie swap this week - chocolate chip!

Ok the bell is ringing I have to run. Love hearing everyone's planning - makes me feel like we're going!!

Lorrie- still praying for your dad. I'm so sorry that it is happening. :hug:

Do the party.!:thumbsup2

I need to lay out the adr's so I can see what make the most sense cost wise. I'm hoping the 2010 rates are the close to 2009. My one saving grace is that Katie will be closer to 4. Right now I know she couldn't make it thru many long dinners. I need to make the spreadsheet and hide it from Tim:scared1:. He thinks I'm nuts to getting things planned out already. Im really concerned that CSR isn't going to participate on the 2010 DDP.:eek: I really want to stay there as they have those larger beds. I need to get the Disney Visa so I can just book the trip.

Tessa- do you have your days laid out for the parks yet?

Halloween was good. Katie was a cow again. Beth was a rock star. I need to post pictures.

Tim is off to Chicago for the week. Debbie, he is in Downers Grove. Next month a week in New York. I'm not going with on either trip as I need to save for this trip. :laughing:

where is everyone??

Okay have to laugh and I know that you all will enjoy this one. I bought new jeans at Costco yesterday. Great price, really didn't care if they fit or not. But this am when I put them on---they are MOM JEANS!!! including the high waist. Yes I am old now...

I found this thread during my obsessing about tomorrow. I've planned a surprise trip for my DD's 10th birthday. We're leaving tomorrow. Staying at Bay Lake Tower. Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique in the castle on her birthday, CRT breakfast. 3 days in the park. On the other hand, we do go 1-2 times per year, so it's not like this is a once in a lifetime thing, other than that my older DD starts high school next year so this is the last chance we'll have to go on her actual birthday. The parks are supposed to crowded due to Jersey Week. Fantasmic is only showing Thursday, so we have to make a decision whether to park hop or stay at MK all day.

The problem is the school is doing a publicity video for their website and it happens to fall on her birthday. We had to sign a model release form, which I know is a formality but it sounds so official and glamorous. I know chances are my kids will only be in the video briefly. But the whole school is all abuzz. She'll also miss the fun of being at school and dance class on her birthday.

As I type this, I know how silly it sounds. I need someone to tell me I'm doing the right thing. I've got to be the only person on the planet who regrets planning a trip to Disney.

where is everyone??

Okay have to laugh and I know that you all will enjoy this one. I bought new jeans at Costco yesterday. Great price, really didn't care if they fit or not. But this am when I put them on---they are MOM JEANS!!! including the high waist. Yes I am old now...

Good Lord, Laura - now I'm going to have to get you a fanny pack! :rotfl2:
Don't read this Tessa or Erin! ;)

Lorrie- still praying for your dad. I'm so sorry that it is happening. :hug:

Do the party.!:thumbsup2

I need to lay out the adr's so I can see what make the most sense cost wise. I'm hoping the 2010 rates are the close to 2009. My one saving grace is that Katie will be closer to 4. Right now I know she couldn't make it thru many long dinners. I need to make the spreadsheet and hide it from Tim:scared1:. He thinks I'm nuts to getting things planned out already. Im really concerned that CSR isn't going to participate on the 2010 DDP.:eek: I really want to stay there as they have those larger beds. I need to get the Disney Visa so I can just book the trip.

Tessa- do you have your days laid out for the parks yet?

Halloween was good. Katie was a cow again. Beth was a rock star. I need to post pictures.

Tim is off to Chicago for the week. Debbie, he is in Downers Grove. Next month a week in New York. I'm not going with on either trip as I need to save for this trip. :laughing:

Laura, it's never too early to plan! I have all our excursions for Hawaii just about finished! :goodvibes Why would CSR not participate - are they not an official Disney resort? I think if it is they all would have to participate.

I found this thread during my obsessing about tomorrow. I've planned a surprise trip for my DD's 10th birthday. We're leaving tomorrow. Staying at Bay Lake Tower. Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique in the castle on her birthday, CRT breakfast. 3 days in the park. On the other hand, we do go 1-2 times per year, so it's not like this is a once in a lifetime thing, other than that my older DD starts high school next year so this is the last chance we'll have to go on her actual birthday. The parks are supposed to crowded due to Jersey Week. Fantasmic is only showing Thursday, so we have to make a decision whether to park hop or stay at MK all day.

The problem is the school is doing a publicity video for their website and it happens to fall on her birthday. We had to sign a model release form, which I know is a formality but it sounds so official and glamorous. I know chances are my kids will only be in the video briefly. But the whole school is all abuzz. She'll also miss the fun of being at school and dance class on her birthday.

As I type this, I know how silly it sounds. I need someone to tell me I'm doing the right thing. I've got to be the only person on the planet who regrets planning a trip to Disney.

Welcome! :cheer2: It is not unusual for a control freak to worry about whether they've done the right thing! :rotfl2: I'm sure your daughter will make enough good memories at WDW that she won't care if she missed a school event - at least not for long. And you're right, it is probably only a few seconds on film vs. a whole trip! Have a great time!:yay:

Thanks Tammie! I'm happy to report that I told them an hour ago and they were both thrilled. They were told at school today that the video will be 60 seconds long. They were warned not to make silly faces or else they would be cut and ruin it for those around them who would be cut because of them. Amanda has a real stinker in her class. Telling him not to do something is the same as begging him to do it. So she had already decided her chances of being in the video were slim to none.

Off now to finish packing. I'll have to read more of this thread after I get back. I am definitely a worry wart.

Hi Girls things have been crazy here.

Fall lawn clean up
Fall House cleaning
Laundry
Work
Planning blah blah blah......

Miss you all it seems I don't have as much time here anymore as I am always doing something. :laundy:

I'm going away this weekend and it seems like I will be alone the first night and Mike will be joining me the 2nd. Woo Hoo :surfweb: Lots of this will be going on!

I booked CRT for Dinner and I am just about done planning I just need to order a cake for our Anniversary to surprise Mike.

Lorrie- Hope things are going well enjoy your trip. I am sure it will rejuvinate you. :flower3:

Tammie- How was your party? I am sure you had a blast.

Kara- How are you doing? Hoping things are getting better in your neighborhood.

Debbie- How are you? Handling the weather ok?

Cammie- Are you going on the Mom trip too??? Hope so seems like it is a nice break for you:cloud9:

Hiya girls..... (thought I'd give up the pretence that there might be some guys who worry and control as much as we all do!!:rotfl:)

Well, I put on a pound - I was trying really hard when we got back from our holidays and must have lost a good 3 pounds before getting officially weighed in. Still, I hope the trying carries on and I get this weight moving - got to be trim for next October - especially if any of you lot are there then!!!

mmmmmm - maybe I shouldn't have made a pumpkin pie last night!! It's you lot across the pond's fault you know!! We don't do pumpkin pie over here- and it is sooooooooo delicious - especially with whipped cream!:rolleyes:

Still seeing those fanny pack references girls (blush!!) and I couldn't put on some references for tweety birds with t*t in the name!!!
We haven't done our park days planning yet since we will wait for the TGM stuff for October to come out - not planning on doing any ADRs yet, that may change, but the food side is not so important to us.

Tessa

Good Lord, Laura - now I'm going to have to get you a fanny pack! :rotfl2:
Don't read this Tessa or Erin! ;)

Hahahhahahhaa :lmao: noooo Fanny packs!!!!

Hey girlies
Man has been busy busy here, we had half term last week and did lots, cinema, saw my cuz, worked on the market, cj had a sleepover, booked ALLLL my ADR's for feb and back to school on the monday hahaha.

Is turning really quite cold here, and winter is on it's way although we have been lucky so far and November is here :scared1:
We are just counting down the weeks now .. excitement is reaching fever pitch and we still have 3 months to go :rotfl:

Hi all!:hippie:

I am two weeks away from tomorrow! OMG. Work has been horrific. I will be glad to get away, and will be able to leave it all behind, as I am hoping it will be a quiet 2 weeks. The first week, we have a large conference that most on my teams will be attending, and the second week a lot of people are taking vacation. We converted to almost all new systems on Monday, so we have been preparing for that and then it actually happened and we are learning and struggling thru things.

I am seriously behind here.

We traced our Mickeys on our t-shirts and I sewed them w/fishing line over the weekend, and tonight we are doing the tie-dying. I am hoping to do the iron ons tomorrow night, and Friday night, I need to get out and shop for Taylor's birthday (11/12). Big middle school event on Saturday, and I am heading up and working the bake-sale w/my side-kick, Darrin, and a few other volunteers, and November bday party at my mom's on Sunday.

We've been having some problems w/Megan and have been doing counseling for her and have had one session ourselves w/the counselor. She feels depressed. She's been giving us a hard time lately, arguing a lot, and talking back, mostly to me. I know that it's not drugs and alcohol. She failed Chemistry for the 9-weeks, but w/the exam, barely passed so she doesn't have to make it up in summer school. Eligibility is based on the grade before exam, so she was taken out of band for the last couple of games. That was a huge blow for her. I think she was in denial and didn't think it could happen. Band is a big part of her life/social scene. We didn't go to the game last Friday, and aren't going this Friday. With how crazy things are, I am kind of glad. I also think it is teaching her a lesson. We are reading parenting books that the counselor suggested. It's been getting me kind of down, and I haven't wanted to talk about it much. Thanks for listening! She's entering this "tunnel" that I have heard so much about, and I cannot wait for her to exit it. She has really changed. I know she's growing up, but it just hurts my feelings so much when she is disrespectful. I was afraid of hurting my mom that much! I was in no way perfect - I just kept many things from my mom, but I don't think that I talked to my mom the way Megan has been talking to me, or at least not on a regular basis. I am afraid to ask my mom, but I need to! Maybe I am afraid of the answer! Again, thanks for listening!!

I hope to be back on later to catch up....:grouphug:

Hi all!:hippie:

I am two weeks away from tomorrow! OMG. Work has been horrific. I will be glad to get away, and will be able to leave it all behind, as I am hoping it will be a quiet 2 weeks. The first week, we have a large conference that most on my teams will be attending, and the second week a lot of people are taking vacation. We converted to almost all new systems on Monday, so we have been preparing for that and then it actually happened and we are learning and struggling thru things.

I am seriously behind here.

We traced our Mickeys on our t-shirts and I sewed them w/fishing line over the weekend, and tonight we are doing the tie-dying. I am hoping to do the iron ons tomorrow night, and Friday night, I need to get out and shop for Taylor's birthday (11/12). Big middle school event on Saturday, and I am heading up and working the bake-sale w/my side-kick, Darrin, and a few other volunteers, and November bday party at my mom's on Sunday.

We've been having some problems w/Megan and have been doing counseling for her and have had one session ourselves w/the counselor. She feels depressed. She's been giving us a hard time lately, arguing a lot, and talking back, mostly to me. I know that it's not drugs and alcohol. She failed Chemistry for the 9-weeks, but w/the exam, barely passed so she doesn't have to make it up in summer school. Eligibility is based on the grade before exam, so she was taken out of band for the last couple of games. That was a huge blow for her. I think she was in denial and didn't think it could happen. Band is a big part of her life/social scene. We didn't go to the game last Friday, and aren't going this Friday. With how crazy things are, I am kind of glad. I also think it is teaching her a lesson. We are reading parenting books that the counselor suggested. It's been getting me kind of down, and I haven't wanted to talk about it much. Thanks for listening! She's entering this "tunnel" that I have heard so much about, and I cannot wait for her to exit it. She has really changed. I know she's growing up, but it just hurts my feelings so much when she is disrespectful. I was afraid of hurting my mom that much! I was in no way perfect - I just kept many things from my mom, but I don't think that I talked to my mom the way Megan has been talking to me, or at least not on a regular basis. I am afraid to ask my mom, but I need to! Maybe I am afraid of the answer! Again, thanks for listening!!

I hope to be back on later to catch up....:grouphug:

Oh Pam, you are a good mom - kids just go through these things - probably girls more than boys. I remember doing some of the same things - I don't know why I felt that way. I guess my home environment was stifling and I felt like my mom wouldn't listen to me. I'm sure you're not like that. Good for you for keeping her on track and for seeking help. I know she'll be fine!
:hug: It will be good for all of you to get away together for awhile!

Funny - your first sentance sounds like you are in a time machine!:rotfl2:

Let's see - I need to answer a few others -

Jillian - my meeting was great! I had to do the training in another city, but everyone enjoyed it. On the way from dinner to the meeting, I fell over a curb I didn't see in my fancy boots, and I didn't even get dirty! Just call me grace! :lmao:

Tessa, sorry to make you blush. I'll stop, I promise.
Erin, nice to see you here again! It will be cold here by this weekend - not too bad for us. First warm Halloween since I can remember.

Hiya girls,

Pam - you are a good mum - you are showing her that you CARE about her behaviour and that she matters to you. She has those mid years blinkers on - she is focussed on herself and on growing up and does not even think about the effects of her words and actions on anyone else. She feels safe in her home environment and (due to your good efforts!!!!) knows that you will set the boundaries that will stop her being hurt too bad.:goodvibes
One thing to remember though, is you will probably never be thanked for it, even though she knows it is good for her.:confused3 But, ultimately, being a mum is not about being a friend, it is about raising a child and guiding them towards the right choices in life. Friendship will come later...

Tessa

Zooooooom! That was me doing a flyby!

Miss you guys - should be back soon - life just kinda crazy now......

And Jeff's company is trying to pull that ole "hey, let's move you back to SC" again! I told Jeff I'M NOT GOING!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter