Looking for Control Freaks & Worry Warts - Part 4!!!

Jim made ressies at our cabin on the beach in Hawaii for next year pre-cruise! :yay:

YOU HAVE A CABIN ON THE BEACH IN HAWAII?? Wow. I am impressed! That is awesome news!

Have a wonderful day, everyone!! Tomorrow is Friday!!:banana:

Thanks, Pam. My aunt and uncle and my mom are coping pretty well. My cousin who lived is now in stable condition. I really didn't know my cuz - saw him last when he was about 12, but I feel for my aunt so much, and of course we all grieve for him, he is family.

Thanks Debbie. It is my aunt who lost her boys. The oldest, Scott drowned in the Mississippi in MN about 8 yrs ago. He would have been 46. The middle, Micah survived this crash - he's 44. Jason, who was killed was 36. He was her beautiful baby, but was going down the wrong path. I feel really bad for her - she is coping, and my mom is a big help. I am staying away, cuz things are crazy and it's a "biker gang" kind of atmosphere if you get my drift. We'll be sending flowers to the MN service instead of the Oregon one. That's where he grew up, and where the family is.

Thanks everyone for your prayers and support. My mom is stressed trying to be strong for everyone, but she feels everyone's prayers and is very thankful. The service in Oregon is tomorrow. I don't know what they are doing ih Minnesota yet, but they will.

Jim made ressies at our cabin on the beach in Hawaii for next year pre-cruise! :yay:

I guess I didn't realize tghe accident was here.

Just got kind of concerned about crowds the week we are supposed to be there. Passporter shows them to be above May levels but sill busy. And with FFW going on, I'm a little worried. I need to suck it up and gegt TGM but stil a long way off. The subscription lasts for a year right?

Tammie - cabin in Hawaii - I'm thinking it sounds great, but the airfare must cost a bundle to get there. Hell I'd go!

Pam - have fun making your shirt - that was my favorite pre-trip experience!

Tessa - I totally hear you my DH is a 33 waist too and it's a pain to get pants for him. He always blames me because he was a 30X30 when we were dating and now he's a 33X30. Hello can I tell you how many sizes I went through!?!?

Someone's going to see Miley today who was it???:rolleyes1

Did I tell you guys that one of our Girl Scout troop leaders came down with H1N1? She found out Tuesday - the day of her troop meeting! She went to the ER and spent 6 hours waiting for the results and by the time she found out it was time for her meeting. So she tried to call all of the parents to let them know but she was didn't get to everyone. One parent called her screaming about how bad of a leader she was (she's a new leader) and that her daughter wasn't going to return. Did I mention the poor thing just lost her father a month ago and started this troop a week after after her sister died. I wish I could give that parent a talking to!! We've just beefed up our disinfecting at our GS house. After last nights ceremony we had to clorox wipe all the chairs and tables and lysol spray all handles. Now clean up takes 20 mins after every meeting! Still no H1N1 vaccines here in our town so we're trying to keep safe!

Erin - I'm so jealous of how many days you're going to be there and you're packing the stuff in! Sea World I think is so expensive! Do you pack for all 15 days or are you doing laundry?

Oh i know we cannot wait and can't believe we get 2 1/2 weeks there, yes we really are packing it in, kinda have to we may not be back for a few yrs this time .. We get all our tickets before we go so thankfully we don't have to pay for them when there, haven't been to Sea World for a couple of yrs but as my bestest friend and he rfam are coming this time i am taking them EVERYWHERE hahahhahaha ... And noooo way am i taking clothes for that long hahaha, we take very little, wash and dry when there and buy lots to fill the cases hahhaha

I don't do ironing on holiday!!!.
I don't iron anywhere hahahahhahaha

Erin - Now THAT's a vacation! How many days is that??? A month?! LUCKY!

Oh man i wish it was, we are going for 2 1/2 weeks, we did once go for 3 weeks and i have to say that was perrrrfect

Three hours and counting. Beth is jumping around the house. I'm headed in a little early to get our tickets arranged. Wish I could send pix from my phone but I will post photos tomorrow. BTW Tina --you're the bomb for hooking us up!!!

Gonna go back and read up but I did see Tina selling dresses on ebay? Ally is getting an AG doll for Christmas so I might need to see some of these dresses!!!! shoot me a pm with photos!!!!

Still crazy around here after Somer Thompson's murder. Then to find out that the last two mornings there has been a suspicious car hanging around the bus stops when the hs kids go at 6:30am. One of the sightings was at Ally's bus stop (although she doesn't go until 8am). This whole town is still grieving and freaking scared for our kids!!! It's been really hard for me and a lot of my friends to get over what happened to Somer. I even broke down and got the backyard fenced today. I just didn't like Ally taking Bucky outside by herself, and even though a fence isn't a barrier, it would make it a little more difficult for someone, especially since I will put a lock on the gate.

Off to read back.....

Just skimmed through....

Congrats Shelly on baby Natalie!!!!

And my prayers are with you Lorrie and Tammie and your families. So so sad..... Seems there has been so much tragedy on our little thread lately!

Gotta run now, still not myself these days..... hopefully they will catch the monster that did this so our lives can get somewhat back to normal. I just have trouble focusing right now. I did manage to post to my TR today, and I've been keeping up with FB.

Anyway, our DISmoms trip is booked for next spring!!! Ellen got a 2BR at BCV so VERY excited about that!!!!

Hi all just a quick banana dance :banana::banana::banana:
Yes as i have managed to book Crt and Pirates league :banana::banana:
I am sooooooooo happy so here is the new itinerary hahhah

Sat 30th ... Arrive
Sun 31st .. Unpacking, Food shopping and if nice enough weather Aquatica
Mon 1st .. Universal Studios
Tues 2nd .. B'day .. 1900 Park Fare (yayay) 8 a.m then off to Mk then T-Rex for dinner 5 p.m
Wed 3rd .. Space Centre
Thurs 4th .. HS and Fantasmic
Fri 5th .. Off day/ Aquatica/ Shopping
Sat 6th .. Off day/ Aquatica/ Shopping
Sun 7th .. Sea World
Mon 8th .. Ak .. Donald's Breakie 8 a.m
Tues 9th .. Off day .. Ohana's breakie 10.10 a.m
Wed 10th .. Extra day to hop around Disney hahaha .. BBB for 2 little girlies 8.50 a.m and Pirate League, 2 at 9.00 a.m and 3 at 9.10
Thurs 11th .. IOA .. Spiderman Breakie (yet to book)
Fri 12th .. Off day/ Aq/ Shopping
Sat 13th .. Epcot for 9 of us .. Princess Breakie for Cousin, hubby, DD5, DS4, DS (will be) 7 months, My aunt, Brother his fiancee and DD4 then heading over to Epcot
Sun 14th .. Off day/ Boggy Creek/ Shopping
Mon 15th .. Mk .. Crystal Palace breakie 8.25 a.m
Tues 16th .. Chef Mickeys breakie 10 a.m then Ripleys after dinner
Wed 17th .. Home

Ok does anybody have any tips on anything for me hahahahah
We're not that far out and not overly sure on how long it will take us, Our first day is 1900 park fare b'day breakie and then onto Mk .. any tips on how to do that??? And how long it will take to get from place to place?? Also we are doing T-Rex for b'day dinner going from Mk, any ideas how long that will take??

Tina - I am w/ya on the germs. You have to be that way to avoid getting sick! Taylor wants another AG, but I told her I didn't think we'd be buying her any more, as she will be turning 12 and really doesn't play w/them much any more. (She still does a little, and would be mortified if anyone found out. Both of my girls are doll lovers, like me, especially her.) She now wants to spend her own money on Kit.

Kara - I'm sorry about the situation in your community. It was an awful thing, and it will take a long time to move on, although it has scarred you, and you will never fully get over it. I am so thankful that we haven't had anything that close to home happen that I am aware of. I cannot even imagine. I need to get over to your TR and Ellen's! I mailed her my check today!:yay:

Laura - How cool about the Miley concert!! I cannot wait to see your pics! I love that Party in the USA song and cannot get it out of my head! Silly, I know...I'm glad you and Beth had a blast!!!

Erin - I don't iron anywhere, either! Ha! Your trip sounds marvelous, and congrats on getting the rest of your ADRs!!! I am not good at the expert advice, but I know there are lots of experts here! I can only give my opionins, and we love Crystal Palace breakfast, as Pooh is my fave Disney character!!

Okay the concert was flat at best. She was missing some energy and Metro Station wasn't anything to write home about. Our seats were on the second tier. We had good sight lines and could hear everything fine. My photos prove to me that I need a better zoom camera.

beth had a bit of a melt down half way through the show. She started to rub her face on my chest repeatedly. It seem to calm her. getting out of the stadium was the worst. 16,500 people cramming down into the hallways was nuts. I got claustrophobic. Beth really got nervous over that. She was very cruel on the way home. She said she was upset that I danced when they didn't say to dance and that I embarrassed her. She said I was the worst mom ever. That has been her famous line lately. I wrote it off to being tired. It really reinforces my thought that I need to plan breaks into our trip next year.

BTW I didn't realize I could see my bra thru the shirt in the photos:scared1:

15870_1258860799890_1480747779_689724_4865293_n.jpg

15870_1258860839891_1480747779_689725_5791844_n.jpg

15870_1258860999895_1480747779_689727_5476175_n.jpg

15870_1258861039896_1480747779_689728_5494016_n.jpg

15870_1258861159899_1480747779_689731_3970940_n.jpg

15870_1258861239901_1480747779_689733_8171483_n.jpg

15870_1258861279902_1480747779_689734_418684_n.jpg

Hiya all,

Happy Halloween!!

Laura - loved the pics, shame it wasn't all you wanted it to be though....

And as for the "worst mum ever" - well, we are going through the "I hate you" stage.... as well as "you are so horrible to me" and "why are you so angry when I ONLY <insert whatever major insubordination of the week> "- and by angry they mean I tell them off with a cross voice - not even being "shouty mum". Hey ho , these things are sent to try us..... sometimes I do wish the whiny voices had a volume control ...

Anyhow, off to see if my airmiles account has been updated, need to book flights up to mum's for next summer and have ALMOST got enough airmiles to do it for free!!! Fingers crossed.

Tessa

YOU HAVE A CABIN ON THE BEACH IN HAWAII?? Wow. I am impressed! That is awesome news!

Have a wonderful day, everyone!! Tomorrow is Friday!!:banana:

Don't be too impressed;) The cabin is nothing fancy - it's on a military beach. It was an old Air Station from WWII and they refurbed it for Morale and Recreation for the military. Pretty much get it for cost of operating and a little more - $80 a night! There's a nice private beach and a little store and restaurant. They have discounted excursions all around the island. I'm excited to just be on the beach for a few days before our cruise!:yay:

I guess I didn't realize the accident was here.

Just got kind of concerned about crowds the week we are supposed to be there. Passporter shows them to be above May levels but sill busy. And with FFW going on, I'm a little worried. I need to suck it up and gegt TGM but stil a long way off. The subscription lasts for a year right?

Laura, the accident was in Oregon, but my cousin Mike (who lived) and his girlfriend were visiting from MN. Jason (who died) and his dad live out here.
My aunt came out from MN.

I think the crowds will be better than in the Summer, anyway.

Your concert pics are great! Nice to find out Beth needs a break now instead of on vacation. Sorry the concert was disappointing.

Tammie - cabin in Hawaii - I'm thinking it sounds great, but the airfare must cost a bundle to get there. Hell I'd go!

The airfare to Hawaii is about the same for us as going to Orlando.

Just skimmed through....

Congrats Shelly on baby Natalie!!!!

And my prayers are with you Lorrie and Tammie and your families. So so sad..... Seems there has been so much tragedy on our little thread lately!

Gotta run now, still not myself these days..... hopefully they will catch the monster that did this so our lives can get somewhat back to normal. I just have trouble focusing right now. I did manage to post to my TR today, and I've been keeping up with FB.

Anyway, our DISmoms trip is booked for next spring!!! Ellen got a 2BR at BCV so VERY excited about that!!!!

Thanks Kara, I hope they catch the killer in your area soon.

Yeah for booking your DISmoms trip!!!:woohoo:

Hi all just a quick banana dance :banana::banana::banana:
Yes as i have managed to book Crt and Pirates league :banana::banana:
I am sooooooooo happy so here is the new itinerary hahhah

Sat 30th ... Arrive
Sun 31st .. Unpacking, Food shopping and if nice enough weather Aquatica
Mon 1st .. Universal Studios
Tues 2nd .. B'day .. 1900 Park Fare (yayay) 8 a.m then off to Mk then T-Rex for dinner 5 p.m
Wed 3rd .. Space Centre
Thurs 4th .. HS and Fantasmic
Fri 5th .. Off day/ Aquatica/ Shopping
Sat 6th .. Off day/ Aquatica/ Shopping
Sun 7th .. Sea World
Mon 8th .. Ak .. Donald's Breakie 8 a.m
Tues 9th .. Off day .. Ohana's breakie 10.10 a.m
Wed 10th .. Extra day to hop around Disney hahaha .. BBB for 2 little girlies 8.50 a.m and Pirate League, 2 at 9.00 a.m and 3 at 9.10
Thurs 11th .. IOA .. Spiderman Breakie (yet to book)
Fri 12th .. Off day/ Aq/ Shopping
Sat 13th .. Epcot for 9 of us .. Princess Breakie for Cousin, hubby, DD5, DS4, DS (will be) 7 months, My aunt, Brother his fiancee and DD4 then heading over to Epcot
Sun 14th .. Off day/ Boggy Creek/ Shopping
Mon 15th .. Mk .. Crystal Palace breakie 8.25 a.m
Tues 16th .. Chef Mickeys breakie 10 a.m then Ripleys after dinner
Wed 17th .. Home

Ok does anybody have any tips on anything for me hahahahah
We're not that far out and not overly sure on how long it will take us, Our first day is 1900 park fare b'day breakie and then onto Mk .. any tips on how to do that??? And how long it will take to get from place to place?? Also we are doing T-Rex for b'day dinner going from Mk, any ideas how long that will take??

Whoo Hoo! on getting all your ressies!:cool1:

You can take the resort monorail from the TTC back and forth between GF and MK. I would allow an hour from MK to DTD. Buses to DTD seem to either take a long time to get there, or make other stops, etc. I think you can take a bus from MK to DTD, you have to change buses at TTC. Or you can take the monorail to TTC then take the bus to DTD.

Pam! You are getting so close! How did the shirts come out?

I went to bed at 9pm last night cuz I had the sniffles, so i woke up at 4 this morning. Nice. I'm going to try to catch up on some TRs - maybe I'll get sleepy again. Not that anyone writes boring TRs - just reading makes me sleepy. :goodvibes I can't read Kara's when I want to sleep, cuz you're too funny!

help! I loved my passporter for last trip. debating getting another one for this trip. What do you think?

Happy Halloween Dis pals!!!!!!
Still crazy days here but ALWAYS want to check in and say HI!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a GREAT, safe fun day!!!!!!!!!

help! I loved my passporter for last trip. debating getting another one for this trip. What do you think?

I loved my passporter too, but it was just the same thing as the prev. year. I have decided to just get a 5X7 binder and make my own. I subsribe to the website so I get all of the planning stuff.

As for TGM. I LOVE IT!!!! worth the money and then when you resubscribe it's cheaper. It has never lied or been off. It changes as it gets closer to give you the most accurate information.

I love my passporter! I love to have that book in my hand, and I liked the touring plans better for us than TGM. I don't think you need a new one every year, but the last one I had was 2006, so I just had to have a new 2009 one, and then I found I didn't need it much! :goodvibes I do like to find out from TGM which days to go to the parks, but I don't think we'll try to plan our day with him anymore - I got all messed up when we did that.

Hope everyone had a fun halloween. I only had about 30 tricksters all night! Now I have a big bowl of chocolate - think I'll take it to the church. They children's pastor is fond of throwing out candy for memory verses.

I made myself a good drink tonight - coconut rum, OJ and Sprite - Yummo - guess I need to name it! :cool1:

I think it goes without saying that if you post in a thread like CFWW, you own a Passporter!

Happy November, everyone!

Okay, we are on for next October. The 16-23. I think we are going to shoot for 7 days. Of course we will stay on property. I'm torn if we should do the DDP or DXDDP. Loved the deluxe plan last time. I need to think about meals and cost. I need to create a spread sheet with the costs. Also which resort?? We've done POP but I think we will need a little more space and bigger beds. So would I be better at moderate?? I'm glad I have time to plan this all out.
:cool1: So glad you have a trip brewing! Laura, I'm telling you with Katie there too, the deluxe will just not work as well - seriously it won't. Mia was so antsy and not eager to sit down and seriously the "counter" meals worked out so well for us. Dollar for dollar though, the savings wasn't that huge on one vs the other - but my two cents is just do the regular dining plan and OOP the extras. :) We liked the room at the Mods. I would say if nothing changed, only CSR has Queen beds, rest have full - which Carlos hated. I would put my money towards a room upgrade rather than food. Again, just my 2 cents from a mom that had a sick/overheated one, antsy one, and pissy one on board for a week! :rotfl:

Pam, I'm thinking we miss each other by a couple of days. We get in early Sat 14th and leave out late Mon 16 - just a quick trip.

IThe subscription lasts for a year right?
TGM lasts until your trip, so if you buy and your trip is Dec 2025, it goes until then.

Thanks for all of your wishes. It is just sad - sad on so many levels. Playing what if about his relationship with me and the kids is hard. He's never had much to do with them, and knowing his "southern" roots, I expected as much, but it still hurts to have that affect your kids. Then part of you aches because you know the end is swiftly coming, yet the person you once new is no longer there - it is a very sad, odd situation.

As for the trip, what little bit I've talked to you guys is all I have thought about it. I need to get going. I haven't booked the party, and I'll just see what the weather is like. My heart kinda yearns to go to MK. I still have the picture that Cammie send of the Castle on my phone. I just would love to see it at night. :cloud9:

I guess I need to think about packing. :headache: I bet the weather forcast is already up. I guess I need to do that too!

Tammie - thinking of you and your family. :goodvibes

So far, 78 and abundant sunshine projected. :goodvibes I know that it will change, but that is nice to hear for now! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter