Looking for Control Freaks & Worry Warts - Part 4!!!

Pam...I don't blame you one bit! I can totally relate! Especially since you work and don't have all that time during the week. Don't feel guilty at all.

Cammie...I think I would physically get sick if it was snowing here already! I just want my summer!!!!!

Tammie....I hope you are resting! You were probably up on the computer while the hubby was asleep, right? Talking to all your online lovers!!! Just kidding!!!!!!!! Get some sleep!

Hi girls! Jim is taking a nap, while watching football,(I see the snow in Boston, Cammie!) so I am OPENLY DISing:goodvibes
We were planning our Hawaii trip, cuz we make our beach ressies tomorrow and he fell asleep while I was talking to him! :rolleyes1

I thought I'd post a few pics of the Boise Zoo we went to last weekend. It isn't much to brag about - in fact I felt sorry for some of the animals. But I did get a few pics with a mini TR in mind!

As you can see, they consider themselves "Small Animal Kingdom" :rotfl2:

IMGP1168.jpg

Official Greeter
IMGP1165.jpg

This bear was trying out for a part in the Lion King

IMGP1166.jpg

IMGP1167.jpg

The tigers at Small Animal Kingdom do the same thing as they do at Big Animal Kingdom -

IMGP1169.jpg

lemurs on the lookout
IMGP1171.jpg

Pumba was there - Timon, too - but he wasn't doing autographs
IMGP1173.jpg

Big headed zebra - too many celebrity appearances

IMGP1175.jpg

I'll be back to post our Pirate Dinner as promised - hope everyone is having a good Sunday!

Tammie,

I think we all had flu!!!

I'm better now, back to work and everything.

We have the dreaded parent's evening at school tonight.... not looking forward to it. We have one whose teacher gives very little feedback during the term, so who knows how it will go.... We have another who is upset as she is pretty much average performance wise, so doesn't get noticed... hey ho, should be "fun"..

At least we know they are both fairly intelligent and fairly well behaved, though both lack a little in confidence. Will report back tomorrow to say if that's what the teachers think too.

I just updated the weight loss as I finally got to a meeting last night - I lost another pound - BUT - more importantly to me , I FINALLY got below that magic 30 on the BMI - may sound silly to celebrate - but officially I am no longer classed as obese...!!

Tessa

I would just give yourself permission to do the half day you have time for and don't feel guilty. Sounds like there's plenty of help! :thumbsup2

Pam...I don't blame you one bit! I can totally relate! Especially since you work and don't have all that time during the week. Don't feel guilty at all.

Thanks for the support, friends! I didn't go. I dropped the girls off and picked them up when it was over. They decided they wanted to stay the whole time, so I got a lot done at home! I filled up several bags to donate - someone is coming for pick up on Sat. I got all of my trading pins on my lanyard, and got my good pins transferred from my old, worn backpack to my new one. I finished Taylor's bday invitations. Darrin & I got a lot of chores done. I needed the afternoon at home.

Tammie - Those are great zoo pics! I love the one of the bear! Pls post pics of the trailer park restaurant!

Debbie - I've enjoyed your WDW pics on FB! I've been scarce from there the past couple of days. I need to see if you have posted more!

Tessa - Yeah for you on the weight loss!!!! I hope that the parent/teacher night went well!

Cammie - Loved the SNL skit! We saw your snow! LUCKY! I think it's supposed to be about 80F here today. Too warm for fall....

We have late AM ortho appts today, so I am going into work late. It's after 7 on a work day and I am still in my PJ's!:scared1: It feels great!

Have a wonderful week, all!:grouphug:

Tickers aren't working right now. Just crossed 31 off of the kitchen countdown calendar. :scared1: Panic mode!!!! So much to do!!!!!

Only time for fly bys....
Hope everyone is good. Mark was off yesterday and then t make it worse was sick. Now today I think we all have it!
THIS is why I do not like fall! Fall just equals sickness to me!

im back and in panic mode. there is so much I missed over the weekend. Ill post more as the place was FANTASTIC!!! Each room had a pool and whirlpool to themseleves. Had chocolate covered strawberries for my birthday and Champagne. YUMMY

Hey everyone...just quickly stopping in to say:

Natalie Grace has arrived! She was born 10/14 at 10:00am (c-section) weighing 7lbs 12oz and 20 3/4 inches long. I can't believe it's been a week since her birth already!

We're doing well, it's taking some adjusting getting back into baby mode. Her sleep schedule is totally reversed still but otherwise she's a great eater and loves her sleep. She's not too fussy either. :goodvibes

Jacob is becoming an awesome big brother and helper, each day he gets better and will actually kiss her now instead of giving her raspberries. He was a little freaked out seeing me in the hospital when he first came to visit...I didn't even think that the IV/catheter would bother him, but I guess it did. It took him a few minutes to settle down, but after that he was fine. Didn't want to give Natalie any attention though. :rolleyes:

But otherwise, we're doing well...just can't wait to have my staples removed, they are not pleasant. But that's what painkillers are for, right? :worship:

Hope everyone is having a good week!

Tammie,

I think we all had flu!!!

I'm better now, back to work and everything.

We have the dreaded parent's evening at school tonight.... not looking forward to it. We have one whose teacher gives very little feedback during the term, so who knows how it will go.... We have another who is upset as she is pretty much average performance wise, so doesn't get noticed... hey ho, should be "fun"..

At least we know they are both fairly intelligent and fairly well behaved, though both lack a little in confidence. Will report back tomorrow to say if that's what the teachers think too.

I just updated the weight loss as I finally got to a meeting last night - I lost another pound - BUT - more importantly to me , I FINALLY got below that magic 30 on the BMI - may sound silly to celebrate - but officially I am no longer classed as obese...!!

Tessa

:banana::banana::banana::banana:For under 30!!! You are doing so well, Tessa! I'm sorry you were :sick: hope you are doing well. I'm sure your girls are "star pupils!"

WELCOME BABY NATALIE!princess:

Shelly, thanks for checking in - I was just thinking about you earlier today and wondering how everything went! I'm glad you're all doing well. When do we get pics?

im back and in panic mode. there is so much I missed over the weekend. Ill post more as the place was FANTASTIC!!! Each room had a pool and whirlpool to themseleves. Had chocolate covered strawberries for my birthday and Champagne. YUMMY

Welcome home, Laura! I'm glad you had a wonderful time - can't wait to hear about it - well, some of it! ;)

Hi Debbie - hope you all feel better quickly! My online lovers - :lmao:

Pam, I'm glad you stuck up for yourself! Tonight was "trailer park" food! We had a great time - I'll get it posted next week after I'm home - I won't have time to make a disc until then, and I don't have my camera cord here with me.

Sadly, tomorrow is my last day in Boise. I really don't want to leave. Happily, I'll be having a girl's weekend at the Oregon Coast (notice we don't say "beach" here? cuz it's frickin' COLD!!!) I'll talk to you all on Monday! I'm packing tomorrow, then our friend is making us dinners. He's been itching to make me martinis since I came here - better not drink too many - Jim won't be happy! :goodvibes

Have a great weekend! Luv U all!

Hiya all,

Welcome to Natalie :goodvibes..... ShellyFish - back on the DIS within a week.... you are addicted!!!!! Hope she's sleeping well for you... don't envy you the night feeds one little bit...

Thanks for the weight loss support all....

Well, we had our school parents evening last night, and can breathe a great big sigh of relief.... BOTH girls are doing well - well behaved, mixing well, intelligent, hard working, contributing to class discussions, giving answers. We had fun for once at a parents evening.... Eldest has to work on written punctuation and times tables (especially dividing), youngest has to work on confidence and voice projection (part of the same thing - but they have to give you 2 working points for each child at our school...).

Off on a little holiday tomorrow - long weekend at Center Parcs Longleat. Houses in the woods, huge tropical swimming pool, lots of activities - crazy golf, bowling, archery, tennis, rollerskating etc, spa - going for an Indian head massage this time, and walks in the woods, and great restaurants too. Really looking forward to it.

HAPPY WEDNESDAY!!!

Congratulations Shelly - Hello Baby Natalie!! How wonderful!!

Tessa - you're doing so wonderfully with your dietting!!

Cammie - aren't you going to a concert soon?!?!

So we've been busy here doing I don't even remember what. I volunteered to be the Brownie Level Coordinator for Girl Scouts - :scared1:very nervous about that.

We made some American Girl Doll food the other day. Blueberry pie, turkey, whoopie pie, chocochip cookies, apples, banana, candy corn, taco, potato chips, oranges, grapes, carrots, donuts, pancakes, braided bread, cupcakes and lettuce.

IMG_1423.jpg

So much fun!! I've been making soume outfits for the holidays - Halloween skirt and shirt, I'm still working on a colonial dress. I've knitted a few hats with matching purses and a cute Christmas tree hat. Ok here's a picture of Nellie and Samantha modeling the hats, purposes and the Halloween skirt.
IMG_1434.jpg
Ok this picture is too darn small for you to see anything. I'll post something better later today.

Okay we're off to get the bus - have a great day!!

Good morning everyone! Just a quick fly-by, then I have to get packed, and I'd better not be on the DIS tonight, I'm leaving tomorrow and I need some sleep.

Tessa - See, I told you your girls are brilliant! Have a fantastic weekend, sounds like lots of fun!

Tina - you are having so much fun with those dolls - I think you should have one of your own! That food turned out great.

Have a fantastic weekend, everyone! I'm driving 8 hours home tomorrow, then driving 4 hours to the coast on Friday. My friend Teresa was supposed to go on Friday, but she's been having swine flu and now her kids are both very sick, so I'm thinking unless they all turn around quickly, she won't be going by herself. I really don't like traveling alone so much.

tessa that is fantastic. It does make you feel good to hit a goal.

Tina- that food is awesome. Beth really wants one of those dolls. I'll be right there with you making things if she magically gets one. I'm not buying her one. :)

Tammie- good luck with the drive. be sure to stop often and stretch.

WELCOME BABY NATALIE!!!!

Okay mahjor delemia.............I got a PIN on my name for 40% off a deluxe but it is only good for jan to march, then april to june. We are looking at going in October of next year over fall break. Tessa the dates may overlap :) Katie just needs to master the potty. That is the reason for the trip. So what do I do wait for free-dining? or book under one of the PINs and then change the date as it gets closer. I'm not even sure if that would work. I knew I would get a PIN but man why does it have to be when we aren't going. aghhh!

Sorry I've been MIA - no time to catch up yet - work is crazy and I've been sick for a week and a half. But I want to alert you all to a horrible situation here in my home town....

7 year old Somer Thompson went missing on Monday while walking home from school. The authorities are investigating this as an abduction and it has hit me really hard. I can't talk about it or write about it without tears. Somer lives only about 5 miles from me, and for all I know, her abductors could have been canvassing in our neighborhood as well. It is a sad and frightening time for evreyone in the area, as well as across the country. But when it literally happens so close to home, I think it makes it even harder.

Please keep Somer and her family in your thoughts and prayers......

Kara! I saw you here and had to stop by again - I'm glad to see you're doing better. I know you were so sick!:hug: I will definately keep that family in my prayers.

Watch your babies closely everyone, you never know where it happens next. So sad. :sad2:

Laura, I would have a hard time not taking the PIN. I don't know if they would let you keep the rate if you move the date on a PIN. Surely Katie will be ready by June?

CONGRATS SHELLY AND FAMILY! WELCOME TO BABY NATALIE!!!:goodvibes

Laura - sorry I missed your birthday. Glad to hear you had a great time this past weekend.

Nothing exciting going on with me. I think I caught what Kara had. Isn't that the way it works on this thread - one of us gets sick and spreads it to the rest of us? I've had a sore throat and have been achy and sneezing since the weekend. Threw up in the middle of the night. My stomach still isn't right today, but I don't really have a fever. Of course, in the middle of not feeling well, I still had to spend the afternoon at Children's Hospital yesterday for some appts. for Amanda. I just wanted to shoot myself. :sick:

The Yankees are making me feel better though! :cool1::thumbsup2:woohoo::yay::dance3::banana: :cheer2:

Hi to everyone else!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter