• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Looking for C25K app

contempory4me

Mouseketeer
Hi all,
i am looking for a Couch to 5k app that tells you when to walk run but allows you to use your own music. Anybody have one?

There are numerous ones out there and they pretty much all do the same thing. I think any of the ones that you find would be sufficient. The only differences between the apps are some are 8 weeks, some are 9 weeks, some have you walking more in the beginning and catching up at the end. It's all preference, but I think they all should be able to play your music and then chime in over your music when it's time to run/walk. I'd do a search and then choose one that has higher ratings.

I got the C25K pro one. (I think I paid $1.99) just to have the vocal feature telling me when to run/walk/cool down. It also lets you play your own music. Worth spending the $1.99 for instead of listening for tones.

The app worked great- did week 1 both days 1 and 2! It was such a nice morning with noone on the beach except me and the dog so i kept going_not fast by any stretch of the imagination but at least moving.

I have the C25K that is linked with Active Network. It has vocal cues and you can select from about 5 different "coaches" I like it but, I believe I am going to chuck it for the "Little Green Coach" from Jeff Galloway. We'll see. :)

Week 3 and things are going really well, I even found a route in which one of my runs is on a steady decline. I feel like I'm flying! I do wish the app would talk to me a little more and tell me how long the run is and how many runs are left. And would it be so difficult to say "hey you are doing great, keep it up!"?! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter