Looking for Arekush(sp?) dinner reviews

bluejasmine

DIS Veteran
We have a dinner ADR in Dec never been can some give me their personal reviews and pics pls?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We have a dinner ADR in Dec never been can some give me their personal reviews and pics pls?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We were looking forward to dining at Akershus, and unfortunately, we didn't love it...or like it. I got the Kottjke???? (The meatballs), and they were cold inside :crazy2:

My DH got the chicken and he thought it was very bland, despite what appeared to be a lot of seasoning.

My kids got hot dogs, and you can't really mess that up I guess.

Overall, we are glad we did it and checked it off the list, but won't be going back. Lots of people love it though.

Loved Akershus for dinner. Went in January with my DS2, DD4, DH, and my parents. DH and Papa had the pork. Nana and I had the salmon. Delicious! We all really enjoyed dessert too. We'll definitely go for dinner again one day but we're trying breakfast at Akershus this coming trip. And the photos with Belle are great too!

Loved Akershus for dinner. Went in January with my DS2, DD4, DH, and my parents. DH and Papa had the pork. Nana and I had the salmon. Delicious! We all really enjoyed dessert too. We'll definitely go for dinner again one day but we're trying breakfast at Akershus this coming trip. And the photos with Belle are great too!

We were there last week for dinner and really liked the food and the atmosphere.will def go back!!we had the fish of the day which was cod and daughter had a hot dog.really enjoyed app buffet and dessert too!

Akershus used to be pretty much my favorite in Epcot. Now they have Princesses.

We ate there on 8/24/12 and loved it! My 2 year old son was in love with the princesses and he also loved the food on the buffet and the Mickey ravioli they brought him. My 9 year old niece rated it her favorite meal of the trip. She and I both had the salmon, my mom had the chicken, and my husband had the meatballs. We loved everything about this meal and will definitely be back!

We love Akershus for breakfast. It's worth looking up dining reports where people post loads of photos of food at the restaurants they eat at. They help me decide where to eat. Akershus is one of our must dos each year!

we ate there for dinner this past august and were pleasantly surprised. i'd only had breakfast there once before and it was fairly good but nothing different from most of the other disney breakfast venues. for our dinner i had chicken with fennel, potatoes, and tomatoes my daughter had the salmon dish and both were surprisingly good. i booked the meal with the typical character meal expectations but enjoyed my meal and would eat it again. the waitress left a lot to be desired but that will always vary.

Hi bluejasmine! I am part Norwegian and have been going to Akershus since childhood. We used to absolutely love it - I can remember going up to those dining kiosks in Epcot FW as a teen with my parents and getting our Akershus reservations for later that night! It was one of our favorite restaurants in all of WDW.

With the princesses, it's different. Our youngest son went through a princess phase a while ago and chose Akershus for his birthday dinner when he turned four years old. Belle was wonderful with him - truly one of the best character interactions ever. The princesses were all very engaging and we had a great time. But the food quality and selection are not what they were years ago. Lefse is one of my favorite foods of all time, and they no longer serve it. The entrees were just OK - and I grew up with Norwegian food, so that's not just because I wasn't familiar with the menu items.

So I can't highly recommend it based on food quality and selection alone. On the other hand, if you're looking for a princess meal and a fun, lively atmosphere, this is it!!! I'd love to bring my nieces someday. :)

The mushroom ravioli dish there is one of my favorite dishes that I've had at DW. And I love the desserts!

We ate at Akershus last night for dinner. There was a salad & cheese buffet to start off with that was really good. Then, you choose your main entree. I ordered the salmon which was really good. You get a plate of three different desserts for all to share. All three were really good too. My kids ordered pizza and I don't remember what it was called that my husband ordered.
It was a perfect meal for us to see and take pictures with the princesses which was the main reason we booked it.

I'm in the minority, but with all the hype I was really expecting more, the food on the buffet was not very good, IMO, and my meal was not terrible but just kind of blah. The princesses seemed rushed also.

However, you should still try it because everyone's opinion is different. I'm glad I went, just won't be doing it again!

We went there last May and really didn't care for the food. It was the only restaurant my kids requested not to go back to. The princess's also seemed rushed. This was the first character meal we had ever felt rush out the door. We were back last week and had lunch at CRT and dinner at 1900 Park Fare, both of them were great.

We were there in August. Service was not great, we had a few issues. We enjoyed most of the food except the desserts. Not great.
My biggest disappointment was the poor lighting. Our photos, including the provided pic with Belle, were grainy. To meet 5 princesses and get mostly poor pics... I would not go again.

My hubby is a server at Akershus and loves several of the new dinner options including the mushroom stuffed pasta, beef tips and the desserts. That says something coming from a Norwegian! ;) Everyone is different and has different tastes. You'll read all sorts of reviews. But I think everyone should try things for themselves.
Ps to the poster who misses lefse, they serve it in the bakery and its pretty yummy.

I have to say I'm excited to try this! We aren't even going for the characters! Lol. I pulled up menu and DH wanted to go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter