Looking for advice

Spartan0787

Earning My Ears
Last vacation My girlfriend and I went to Disneyland a friend told me how it was possible to drive the Mark Twain and it was the highlight of our trip

This summer My girlfriend and I are heading to Disney World, and I'm wondering what other not advertised activities are out there
please let me know what we can do make this another unforgettable experience

Last vacation My girlfriend and I went to Disneyland a friend told me how it was possible to drive the Mark Twain and it was the highlight of our trip

This summer My girlfriend and I are heading to Disney World, and I'm wondering what other not advertised activities are out there
please let me know what we can do make this another unforgettable experience

Hi! I'm not familiar with this -- what's the "Mark Twain" and how do you drive it?

I'm looking for something secretive,a something that is not highly advertised, something that is not done by everybody and there mother,
examples are like
as I mentioned above driving the Mark Twain
When I was younger my dad found out how to be a guest performer in the parade of the stars.
After I saw Turtle talk with Crush last time I was in California Adventure, my girlfriend and I were able to get one on one time with Crush
be able to be part of a show
I remember watching people pull the sword from the stone when I was younger
I want to give my girlfriend a magical experience that everyone can say they were apart of.

any idea everybody???

I feel like if the people on the DIS know about it, it's probably pretty well known.

I can't think of anything secret that you could do that isn't advertised or known about.

You could try pulling the sword out of the stone, but it's completely random and there is no longer a ceremony for it. You could try and find/interact with PUSH the talking trashcan. You could try and get to MK at the crack of dawn to be picked to help with the opening ceremony. All the parades and things that have guests in them are randomly picked (unless it's some kind of special activity for a group). Pick a Pearl in the Japan Pavilion at Epcot is always fun....

I feel like if the people on the DIS know about it, it's probably pretty well known.

I can't think of anything secret that you could do that isn't advertised or known about.

You could try pulling the sword out of the stone, but it's completely random and there is no longer a ceremony for it. You could try and find/interact with PUSH the talking trashcan. You could try and get to MK at the crack of dawn to be picked to help with the opening ceremony. All the parades and things that have guests in them are randomly picked (unless it's some kind of special activity for a group). Pick a Pearl in the Japan Pavilion at Epcot is always fun....

OP this is going to be your best advice. With the explosion of the internet everyone knows everything. ;) So either you are competing with others that know the secret or in some instances (like waking up Tinker Bell) Disney has removed that special thing to keep guests from fighting over it.

In the Tinker Bell example, the first guest to open Tinks Treasures (now closed) got to wake up Tinker Bell and she would fly around the room. A guest reported that she was just about to ask about it and another guest ran up to the counter and quickly yelled (I WANT TO WAKE UP TINK) and was then very smug that she got there "first". When Pixie Hollow opened up they changed it to where anyone could summon Tink but it wasn't as special. This is an extreme example though.

Most of the time if you want an extra special magical experience you have to make it happen and sometimes pay for.

I had two truly magical things happen to me, the first was on my first trip to WDW when I got to ride up front in the monorail with the conductor. (Can not be done anymore, sorry)

Then when I was picked to ride in the parade and be the Grand Marshall on my honeymoon, but that was very random.

The only thing I can really think of is finding the paintbrushes on Tom Sawyer Island, but thats very well known.

The DIS is a good starting point. There is a lot of information in this topic. There are also books you can buy that give you quite a bit of info. There is a lot of stuff that is probably new to you even if not to the DISers. However, it's too much to put in this one thread. I would just get a drink (or several) down and :surfweb: read a while.

I had two truly magical things happen to me, the first was on my first trip to WDW when I got to ride up front in the monorail with the conductor. (Can not be done anymore, sorry)

Then when I was picked to ride in the parade and be the Grand Marshall on my honeymoon, but that was very random.

The only thing I can really think of is finding the paintbrushes on Tom Sawyer Island, but thats very well known.

Sorry, no more paint brushes.

OP this is going to be your best advice. With the explosion of the internet everyone knows everything. ;)
Not quite. The majority of visitors to WDW are nowhere near as knowledgeable about it as are people on these boards. You would be surprised by how many people show up to the parks with nothing but a hotel reservation and tickets. There are still opportunities to do some "secrets."

Not quite. The majority of visitors to WDW are nowhere near as knowledgeable about it as are people on these boards. You would be surprised by how many people show up to the parks with nothing but a hotel reservation and tickets. There are still opportunities to do some "secrets."

Yes there maybe a few little known secrets but it doesn't take everyone knowing about a secret to not make it a secret anymore. Just more than a few.

I miss being able to ride with the conductor in the Monorail. It was quite a different perspective seeing the trip through the front windshield rather than the side windows in the cars. The kids loved getting their "monorail licenses".

Does anyone know when and why they stopped this? Was it a post 9/11 security issue? We were able to do this in November 2001, but then didn't go back to WDW until 2011 and we were told they stopped the practice a long time ago.

I miss being able to ride with the conductor in the Monorail. It was quite a different perspective seeing the trip through the front windshield rather than the side windows in the cars. The kids loved getting their "monorail licenses".

Does anyone know when and why they stopped this? Was it a post 9/11 security issue? We were able to do this in November 2001, but then didn't go back to WDW until 2011 and we were told they stopped the practice a long time ago.

Don't quote me, but I believe there was an accident and the conductor unfortunately died. it's just for safety. I vaguely recall reading about it somewhere...

If I'm wrong NO ONE REPEAT THIS LEST I START A TERRIBLE RUMOR! :rotfl:

it was stopped after an accident a couple years ago...

I can't post links yet so google this... no longer able to ride with driver in monorail at disney

aaarcher86 said:
Don't quote me, but I believe there was an accident and the conductor unfortunately died. it's just for safety. I vaguely recall reading about it somewhere...

If I'm wrong NO ONE REPEAT THIS LEST I START A TERRIBLE RUMOR! :rotfl:

There was a monorail accident on July 5, 2009 when two monorails collided while one was attempting to switch to another beam near the TTC. One of the monorail drivers were killed in the collision. Since that accident no guests have been allowed to ride in the front can with the driver.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

rkdahl said:
There was a monorail accident on July 5, 2009 when two monorails collided while one was attempting to switch to another beam near the TTC. One of the monorail drivers were killed in the collision. Since that accident no guests have been allowed to ride in the front car with the driver.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter