Looking for Advice about ADRs (specifically Boatwrights, Sci Fi, and Coral Reef)

Bertha12

Earning My Ears
I still need to talk to the other member of my party about it, but I'm thinking of canceling either my lunch ADR for Sci Fi, or my dinner ADR for Boatwright's (we're staying at Port Orleans Riverside) in favor of lunch at Coral Reef (we have DDP so only have so many table service credits). I was able to make an ADR for Coral Reef for lunch so it's just a matter of either canceling that ADR or canceling one of the other ones. When I talked with my partner in crime, we both thought Coral Reef looked pretty good but I couldn't get an ADR for dinner at the time.

I haven't read the greatest things about Sci Fi, though I know the atmosphere's fun (I was there about 7 years ago I think?) and she wanted to try it. I know the DIS reviewer didn't say the greatest things about Boatwright's, but I've read good things about it at allears.net and it is well located for us. Coral Reef looks like a fun atmosphere and possibly better food, though I get the sense that reviews are somewhat mixed there. So I'm wondering what people think about those three restaurants. Is it worth going for a late-ish lunch at Coral Reef? If I choose to do that, would anyone recommend Boatwright's or Sci Fi over the other? I guess I'm wondering what kinds of experiences people have had with Boatwright's in particular.
Thanks so much!

Ok, been to SciFi and Coral Reef twice. We have stayed at POFQ but have never dined at Boatwrights. Both times we have had lunch at both SciFi and Coral Reef. To pick one or the other I would choose Coral Reef, although SciFi is great also. Coral Reef is more subdued and SciFi is more casual. Both are great in atmosphere and food.

I am just the oppisite. I liked sci fi better than coral reef. Now I absolutely hate scifi movies but the dinner was very nice. Coral reef was nice because of the aquarium but other than that I was not impressed! Our waiter actually got everything screwed up and they actually ended up refunding us one credit back per person cause it was sooooo bad!! :sad2: Boadwrights I have never heard of let alone been to. Both are nice but if it were me, I would be going back to sci fi!

boatwrights is a basic seating type place-wooden tables

but the best steak-we all ordered the most expensive steak on the menu-delicious-better than concourse we thought

coral reef- if you are into a great piece of fish- you have it made- even if you don't you will still find something-delish! atmosphere is very good

me and dh ate there 20 years ago and didn't have reservations-this august it seemed like there were "seating times" like on a cruise ship-maybe with most people being on the ddp that is how they did it

We had our "date" night at Boatwright's two years ago and it was really a nice time. Just a nice restaurant :thumbsup2 and we had a great server. The drinks were good the food was good and we enjoyed it alot. Can't remember everything we ordered but I know we left there very happy (and full!)

We've never eaten at Coral Reef (not big seafood fans) but we have eaten at both Sci Fi (good burgers and great shakes) and Boatwrights. We didn't care for dinner at Boatwrights. The best thing about the meal was the cornbread cake; from there is went downhill fast. The food just wasn't good and the service wasn't great either. We actually prefered the breakfast menu at Boatwrights over the dinner menu. We enjoyed the food court dinner we had while staying at POR more than Boatwrights

I didn't care for boatwrights. the food at sci fo isn't all that, but I would choose it over sci fi

Wow, thanks for sharing the advice and the experiences! I think I'm leaning towards keeping Coral Reef and Sci Fi, but I'll let y'all know what we end up deciding. It'll depend somewhat upon where we want to be, when, and how much time we want to have to go on rides at DHS. We'll see!

If I were you I'd keep Coral Reef and Boatrights. We went to Sci-Fi a few years ago and the food is really not that great. We had great food and service at Boatrights, although I think the menu has changed since we were there about five years ago. They had a huge ice cream sundae on the menu that was absolutely fantastic, I think it was for two; as a family of four we ordered two of them and ended up giving one to another family; I don't think we even finished one. As for Coral Reef my mom and sister went last summer and they really enjoyed it. Neither of them are adventurous, and they both really enjoyed the meal here.

Haven't been to Boatwrights but I've had lunch at both Sci Fi and the Coral Reef. I prefer the CR immensely! I was just not a big fan of the food at Sci Fi at all. It seemed very over-priced for the quality. I guess the atmosphere at Sci Fi was OK, but for large parties I don't know if it would really be good the way you usually sit 2-by-2 in the cars. Anyway the food at CR was better plus I prefer viewing fish to Sci Fi movies!

I would choose Coral Reef (our favorite restaurant!!) then Boatwrights. The rest are just ok...

There are two Disney restaurants we will never go to again for dinner and Boatwright's is one of them. We had our last dinner there last year before departing and it was by far the worse experience/meal we have ever had (if you do a search there was a thread not long ago about the downhill slide of the food at Boatwright's for dinner). We waited 45 minutes past our ADR, our server barely said three words and never smiled, the service was terrible, the food was horrid--my DH had the prime rib with three cheese hash brown potatos--the prime rib was 1/2 fat and had no flavor; I had the filet which was fatty and bland and my husband said the potatos were the worse he ever had. And you couldn't even hear yourself think in the place because of the noise from being right next to the food court and the people going back and forth, plus the lounge with the piano player on the other side.

My dd and I love Boatrights! Their baked chicken with cornbread is amazing.

Also, Coral Reef is wonderful.

I thought I'd come back and let y'all know what we wound up doing. We did Coral Reef and we loved the food and the atmosphere. We both had the pork chop. We also kept the Sci-Fi Dine in Theater, which we were happy we did because we really enjoyed the movies and the music (I particularly was happy to be proved right about what the "One Eyed One Horned Flying Purple Eater" eats; Purple People, of course!) and we thought the food was pretty good. My oreo milkshake was one of the best milkshakes I've ever had, the turkey sandwiches hit the spot, and I really liked the apple tart. However, I really, really loved Port Orleans Riverside Resort, so am hoping to have reason to return some day, and I'm definitely up for trying Boatwright's on said dreamed of future visit.
Thanks again for all the help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter