• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Looking for a Wine & Dine 1/2 bib - what are my chances?

Grendalynn

Self Proclaimed DIS Veteran
Ok, so I have signed my son and I up for the Jingle Jungle 5k back in March - its our first disney race!! I wanted to to the 1/2 but didnt want to do it by myself... now I am ok with running by myself. And I will already be there so the travel expenses will already be paid for. I will stay on track for my goal of running the Princess 1/2 for my 40th! I didn't think I would be nearly as close to my training goal for a 1/2 marathon as I am now... (I guess I didn't have much confidence in myself and I was overly cautious and didn't want to bite off more than I could chew). BUT now - as I near closer to Wine & Dine Race Weekend, I really want in! Is there any way I can get a spot?

Last edited:
I would first start by contacting ALL the Travel Agencies listed on the RunDisney page and get on their waiting list. They have people drop out all the time who can't make final payment, etc., and TAs are the first people rD seems to give extra bibs to.

After that, I would start canvasing every charity organization listed on the W&D page on RunDisney.com to see what is available and what waiting lists they may have. This will require a fundraising goal, but it does provide you guaranteed entries.

I wouldn't give up just yet - I see people weekly get emails that they're in via TA or charity after being on the Waiting List.

They haven't even post deferral information yet for W&D, so I would just get on every waitlist you can and be patient. And train!

Good luck - and hope to see you at the Half in November!

From what I have researched I would have to buy a WDW package for the race bib through a travel agency... But I already have our vacation booked and paid for... I will contact a few friends I have in Disney and see what they can do - if anything!!?

Unless you go through a travel agent or charity, you're out of luck. Registration closed months ago and except for a TA or charity, there are no legal options left.

I have tried several avenues - contacting sponsors, RunDisney, travel agents and charities. I have a couple last ditch effort ideas, but then if those dont pan out - I am out of luck. I will just be prepared to get my spot for the Princess 1/2 for my 40th! I Wasn't looking to be sneaky or dishonest -I will chalk it up to self doubt, being illprepared and being my first race - I will be more prepared next time around.

I have tried several avenues - contacting sponsors, RunDisney, travel agents and charities. I have a couple last ditch effort ideas, but then if those dont pan out - I am out of luck. I will just be prepared to get my spot for the Princess 1/2 for my 40th! I Wasn't looking to be sneaky or dishonest -I will chalk it up to self doubt, being illprepared and being my first race - I will be more prepared next time around.
Did you sign up for Princess? It's sold out for 2016 (except for the 5K).

No, I will be doing the 2017 Princess 1/2. I turn 39 this year, and 40 in December 2016. Its ben something I have always wanted to do as a milestone...

i've been searching also u fortunately it looks like all the run groups and charities are sold out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter