Looking for a TV or dirt bike places to ride in dunes

tink70

artistmarnie.com
we are starting to think about a trip out west. Of course we are visiting Disneyland for the first time, then possibly renting RV to travel back home to Ct.
To get my older son Togo we have promised to look into a place to rent an off road vehicle so he can ride in dunes.
This doesn't have to be in California, could be Nevada or Texas.
Anyone know of such a place?

Thanks in advance.....

http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=1170

Links all the SVRA's in CA. Nearby me in NorCal is Hollister Hills SVRA. But this page also shows Oceano Dunes SVRA in Pismo. And depending on what type of off-roading your son wants to do, also check out Hungry Valley, right at the top of the Grapevine (Tejon Pass).

Bob

Last edited:
The dunes outside of Yuma (just over the border from CA into southern AZ are pretty well known.

PHXscuba

Don't know what your route would be, but 2 to 2 1/2 hours north east of Vegas is a great riding area accessible from Sand Hollow State park in Hurricane Utah. It's red sand, and there are also some rock crawling and dirt trail areas near by. Also, Zion National Park is only about 30 minutes away. The only downside is if you are traveling too far into the summer it could be too hot to ride. It is the desert, so mid to late June through mid September sees many days over 100, and the machines have a tendency to over heat.

Speaking of Las Vegas, there are a number of companies that will rent you dune buggies in Vegas. Just google "dune buggy las vegas". My BIL went on one and raved about it.

Never thought about over heating, that's a great point. Sadly the only time we can go is summer! It will be a longer trip for us and I don't want to take my daughter out that long.
I had found pismo beach, or Grover beach, but the other two suggestions sound more like what he'd like to do.
Thanks for posting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter