• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Looking for a room with living room area separate from bedroom area

smcbelle

Earning My Ears
Currently planning first visit. DD is 4 years old. We would like a room with a separate living area so that we don't have to go to bed as early as our DD or have her stay up late with us. I think we'll be spending most of our time in the MK or at MGM. Interested in moderate and deluxe resorts. Any suggestions?

A 1 BR DVC property meets that criteria.

I'm not sure what else - WDW has suites in the deluxes, but I actually don't know much about them.

To be close to MK, you should look into a 1 BR in the new Bay Lake Towers at the Contemporary or the Villas at Wilderness Lodge. Those would be closest.

The DVC resorts have 1-BR villas that would accomodate you well!

I think I remember seeing a "junior suite" at CSR, but I found the DVC options to be only slightly more expensive and more appealing. But that was a while ago. Worth looking into though!

I know there are suites in many (if not all) of the deluxes but I also remember them being more expensive than 2 rooms and not worth it in our particular situation. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Currently planning first visit. DD is 4 years old. We would like a room with a separate living area so that we don't have to go to bed as early as our DD or have her stay up late with us. I think we'll be spending most of our time in the MK or at MGM. Interested in moderate and deluxe resorts. Any suggestions?

Check out the cabins at Ft. Wilderness--separate bedroom with bunk beds and (full?) bed, an a couch/Murphy bed in the living area. This way, your child can sleep on the lower bunk but when you are ready for bed, you don't have to use the Murphy bed--you can just use the larger bed in the bedroom.

I would also recommend looking into renting DVC points. (There is a DVC Rent/Trade board here. There's a FAQ that explains how it works, too.) Basically, you "rent" the number of points needed for a stay at one of the Disney Vacation Club properties from a member who isn't using them. Points usually go for $10-$12 a point--for example, I'm renting 12 points for a stay in a studio at Animal Kingdom Villas. I'm spending $120, a huge savings over booking it directly with Disney with cash. You would need a 1-bedroom to have the privacy you're talking about. The 1-bedrooms have a queen-size bed in the bedroom and a pull-out bed in the living room.

You might want to look into off property. What you want is COSTLY at Disney. (Do the All Star Family Suites have two sepearte rooms?)

DELUXE ROOMS at WL are what you are looking for, and they are not that expensive, compared to "true" suites at the Monorail resorts, for example. They come with concierge service too, so that's a bonus. The cost for those is on par with a 1br DVC, but you will not get concierge service with DVC villas, so keep that in mind. I think the deluxe room is a better value than the 1br villa, if you do not need the full kitchen or the ability to wash clothes in your room...

You might want to look into off property. What you want is COSTLY at Disney. (Do the All Star Family Suites have two sepearte rooms?)

Yes they do! You have the living room area, which has the fold outs in it. Then you turn a little corner and there is the bedroom, complete with a door.:goodvibes

DELUXE ROOMS at WL are what you are looking for, and they are not that expensive, compared to "true" suites at the Monorail resorts, for example. They come with concierge service too, so that's a bonus. The cost for those is on par with a 1br DVC, but you will not get concierge service with DVC villas, so keep that in mind. I think the deluxe room is a better value than the 1br villa, if you do not need the full kitchen or the ability to wash clothes in your room...

I did not think all rooms at Disney classified as "deluxe" (the room, not the resort of course) had a separate living room area and bedroom area. I've heard of that at the Wilderness Lodge, I think - and don't they also refer to that as a junior suite? But I though Beach Club deluxe rooms were still a regular type resort room. (Too many classifications, really, that don't all have the same meanings as far as I can tell - standard, preferred, garden, water, theme park, deluxe -- it's enough to make you crazy!)

Yes, the All Star Suites have 2 seperate rooms.
The door to the bedroom does close.

The Family Suites start at $184 a night duing value season.
Most of the Disney resorts (excluding DVC) charge extra for more than 2 adults in a room.
The Family Suites do not charge extra for extra adults.
1-6 adults can stay in the Family Suites for the same et price.
The Family Suites have discounts available also so if you keep your eyes open you just may snag a great deal.

---------------------------------------------

Family Suite info:

DH and I stayed in a Family Suite at All Star Music ( a value resort) in Sept. of 2006.

We really enjoyed the Queen size bed, the kitchenette with the microwave, having a sofa and cushioned chair to sit on and relax after a day at the parks before retiring for the evening.

I thought the pullouts very comfortable.

They are designed so the back cushion and seat cushion of the pullout support the pullout. There is no metal bar to hurt the sleepers back.

Info thread--Pullouts in Family Suites at ASMU with photos of how the pullout is supported.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?p=18100990#post18100990

Here is the layout of the Family Suites:

ASMusic_FamSuite_layout.jpg

They:

-Sleep up to 6 (plus one child under age 3 in a Pak-n-Play crib)
-Studio amenities and separate sleeping areas giving more privacy than a standard room.
-Queen bed, full-size pullout sofa, convertible ottoman & chair sleepers
The pullout chair and large ottoman each pull out into standard size twin beds.
(4 separate sleepers)
-Private master bedroom and family room have 27” flat CRT TV and high speed Internet access.
-Kitchenette with microwave, small refrigerator (4.3 cu. ft) and coffee pot
-Two-full bathrooms

Here is my review of the Suites:

www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=17640774&postcount=7

For more photos and info please see this info thread:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1392879

Have fun at Disney wherever you choose to stay!:wizard:

You could also stay at a Deluxe resort and sit on the balcony enjoying a beverage, sunset and conversation while dd falls asleep.....after a day at the World you should be fine to go back in the room to watch TV, read, etc.

If you're interested in a 1 BR DVC villa, you can get a AAA discount which, depending on the season, is VERY close to the cost of renting points and it gives you complete control over your reservation, rather than depending on another member. If you're planning to stay over a weekend, the points cost is a lot higher than weekdays, but the per room night cost directly via Disney is the same no matter what day of the week it is.

Being that you want to be near MK or DHS, and want a deluxe or moderate, I would look into either a FW cabin or WL villa. Both would give you the separate bedroom, and they are near the MK. :thumbsup2

You would need a 1-bedroom to have the privacy you're talking about. The 1-bedrooms have a queen-size bed in the bedroom and a pull-out bed in the living room.

No - the 1 bedrooms have King Bed in the bedroom and a pull out (I think its a queen) in the living room

No - the 1 bedrooms have King Bed in the bedroom and a pull out (I think its a queen) in the living room

Yes.The 1bdr have a king bed in a separate bedroom and a queen size sleeper sofa in the living area.Some Dvc also have a twin sleeper chair as well in the living area.The suites in the resorts also have separate areas.Not all of the "deluxe" category rooms ahave separate sleeping areas.But they are significantly more money per night.Example... Rack rate for a 1 bdr villas at the Bcv is $450/night in value season. a 1 bdr suite at the BC resort is $580/night in value season

Fort Wilderness cabins were great for this! It was nice to hang out in the kitchen/family area with DH after the kids went to bed. I also liked sitting on the front porch area.:love:

The first year we went as a family in 2003, my youngest was 5. We'd get back to the room for the night (11 or 12 pm) and give both kids their showers and right to bed. They were always sound asleep before both of us finished our showers. By that time we are so tired we hit the sack as well.

I guess my point is your daughter will most likely be so tired, she'll fall asleep even if you're up watching TV. My thinking is it's a vacation so bedtime goes out the window anyway. :thumbsup2

If you are looking at 1 BD Suites at any of the resorts, call Disney directly as these do not always show up on their website as available.

It is nice to have a separate room from our kids...I tend to be the nightcrawler of the family, so I go out into the living room area and watch tv. ;)

Mary

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter