• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Looking for a Rolling Under-the-Seat Carry-On

MIGrandma

Lives in the middle-of-the-mitten.
We've got a couple flights coming up, and in the past I've always used my Disney tote bag as my carry-on, rather than a rolling carry-on size piece of actual luggage. I hate trying to find space for it in the overhead compartments, and have found that a tote bag fits nicely under the seat in front of me. But, it just has regular handles and it is pretty heavy once I get it loaded up with everything I want to take and lugging it through the airport isn't all that much fun, so...

I'm looking for a rolling under-the-seat size carry-on and I'm wondering if anyone here has one. What brand, cost and how well you like it.

I found one at Amazon that looks nice, made by Delsey, $60 but it has mixed reviews so thought I would ask here.

We have a swiss gear rolling briefcase as an under the seat bag. It's quite sturdy and fits under every airline seat I've seen (although for some obstructed underseats I rotate it 90 degrees) It's about 17x13x9.

We got it at Target for ~$65, I think.

You might find http://www.dogjaunt.com/guides/airplane-under-seat-measurements/ useful in determining if a particular bag will fit under the seat in the planes you usually fly.

I'd been looking for the same features (rolling, under-seat) in a bag for a couple of years. I finally got one of these http://www.jansport.com/shop/en/jansport-us/wheeled-superbreak--the9 . I actually found it at Ross for $39. I've now flown with it twice, and I love the bag. It fits under the seat easily. It does stick out a little under the seat toward me, but there is room around it for my feet. Not sure if that makes any sense in writing.
I haven't ever tried carrying it as a backpack, but it is nice to have the option.

The bag I had been considering before that is an LLBean bag. I may still get one of them eventually: http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/62132?page=carryall-rolling-underseat-bag

If I were going to pay full-price for one of these two bags without ever seeing the bag in person, I'd probably go with the LLBean.

I've been looking for the perfect rolling carry-on for years. I like to keep my bag by my feet (with my purse in it) and I do have a great one but it doesn't roll. The thing is, I like the aisle seat and the space under an aisle seat is smaller than the center and window spaces. PLEASE if anyone knows of one that will fit under an aisle seat, let me know.

I just bought one at Costco for $30 - have only used once but really like it - tons of pockets

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter