Looking for a nice offsite suite hotel with a children's pool/water play area

2Pirates2Princesses

DIS Veteran
We are planning on a Sea World/Lego Land trip for the end of next summer and we are looking for a nice off site suite hotel for our family of six (1 or 2 separate bedrooms) that has a children's pool and/or water play area (wading pool or zero entry pool, sprinklers, fountains, etc.). We have ruled out the Nickelodeon hotel because we are already spending $$ on both Sea World and Lego Land park tickets and the Nick hotel has a lot of extra costs such as the resort fees and having to pay extra for some of the activities like the arcade, 4D movies, character breakfast, etc. Plus, I heard the water park/pool area there gets crowded and chaotic and that kind of atmosphere would make me very nervous with my little ones and my older son who has special needs. We like hotel suites that offer a separate living room, kitchen/kitchenette, and free breakfast is always a bonus. DH doesn't want to rent a condo or house since we are only planning on a 5 night trip, plus we like having the free breakfast and housekeeping services hotels offer as well. I was looking into Buena Vista Suites, Staybridge Suites (Lake Buena Vista), and Residence Inn (Lake Buena Vista) which all have great reviews; but they don't look like they offer play areas for children or any type of children's pool. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you :thumbsup2

While it doesn't have a separate kiddie pool either, if you're looking for suites, you can add to your possible list Embassy Suites - LBV. Bedroom (with extra sink which was suprisingly useful) with separate living room and kitchenette w/fridge and microwave. Great free breakfast buffet and great managers reception each night with free drinks (including alcohol) and slushies for the kids plus snacks (popcorn, etc). We were there Aug 23-30 and would go back in a heartbeat.

You can't go wrong with Sheraton Vistana Resort (several pools and a playground) or Vistana Villages (which has a new pirate themed pool).

Both offer two bedroom apartments with 3 double beds and 2 bathrooms, and they are both located at the Disney end of International Drive, which is much quieter.

You can't go wrong with Sheraton Vistana Resort (several pools and a playground) or Vistana Villages (which has a new pirate themed pool).

Both offer two bedroom apartments with 3 double beds and 2 bathrooms, and they are both located at the Disney end of International Drive, which is much quieter.

I have to agree 100% with this.. Just check out what they have to offer and the great rates thru Dreams.......

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/Resorts/Sheraton/Villages/index.html

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/Resorts/Sheraton/Vistana/index.html

You need to look at Marriott's harbor Lake. This resort would be perfect for you. It is almost within walking distance to Seaworld. The highway/Rt 4 to get to Legoland is nearby. But the resorts themeing is what you'll like best. great pools and environment that your kids will love.

Check it out.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/mcoho-marriotts-harbour-lake

they have a pirate ship pool, slide pool, water park, and mini-golf, lots of activities. You won't want to leave.

Have checked the Springhill Suites and FairField by marriott near Sea World. Because I remember is a kids play area at the pool.

You need to look at Marriott's harbor Lake. This resort would be perfect for you. It is almost within walking distance to Seaworld. The highway/Rt 4 to get to Legoland is nearby. But the resorts themeing is what you'll like best. great pools and environment that your kids will love.

Check it out.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/mcoho-marriotts-harbour-lake

they have a pirate ship pool, slide pool, water park, and mini-golf, lots of activities. You won't want to leave.

Yes, I have looked into Marriott's Harbour Lake, but it seemed very pricey for us. All the rates that came up on the website were over $240/night for a 2 bedroom. We would definitely need to come across some sort of deal or discount for this place. The pirate ship pool area does look awesome for kids :thumbsup2

Have checked the Springhill Suites and FairField by marriott near Sea World. Because I remember is a kids play area at the pool.

Thank you for this. I just looked into the SpringHill Suites by Sea World and it does have a cute Shamu themed spray/splash area for kids in the pool. The hotel suites are only studios though so I am concerned what our comfort level would be with us all in one room. We could probably handle that for a day or two at the most. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Yes, I have looked into Marriott's Harbour Lake, but it seemed very pricey for us. All the rates that came up on the website were over $240/night for a 2 bedroom. We would definitely need to come across some sort of deal or discount for this place. The pirate ship pool area does look awesome for kids :thumbsup2
Harbour Lake is a timeshare resort. To get a deal there, you find someone to rent it to you. It goes for around $150 a night on Redweek.com for a 2BR, but prices vary.

The Fountains has a nice (but not themed) children's area, however it's attached to the bigger pool. Like Sheraton Vistana it's a Timeshare resort, so you won't have daily housekeeping if that matters to you. The keen thing about the Fountains is that it's on a lake, so you can take a paddle boat or a canoe out. :) I've seen people fishing there, too, but I don't remember if that's something the resort supports or if they brought their own gear.

Holiday Inn and Suites Maingate Universal has a cute little water play area for kids. Kind of a mini splash park. Nothing big or fancy but the kids that were using it seemed to like it.

We were in a one room suite and it was big and roomy. We had a Microwave, full size fridge and stove top. Plus there is a TGIF resturant on the premisis.

Holiday Inn and Suites Maingate Universal has a cute little water play area for kids. Kind of a mini splash park. Nothing big or fancy but the kids that were using it seemed to like it.

We were in a one room suite and it was big and roomy. We had a Microwave, full size fridge and stove top. Plus there is a TGIF resturant on the premisis.

I will have to look into this place too. We don't plan on going to Universal though, but who knows, we may change our minds :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter