Looking for a new scooter company

moosecrouse

Mouseketeer
For the last 10+ years we have used Walker scooters at WDW. Mom just went to reserve one for our trip on Dec 5th and was told that they are no longer able to drop of the scooter in the resort (OKW) and that we would have meet a rep when returning it. They said Disney would no longer allow them to drop/pickup without the guest being there. Wondering if there is another company that Disney allowing to drop off/pickup?

Not really a problem as they meet us at the resort, sounds like an "inconvenience" but not much of an issue considering the quality of Walker's scooters and service.:drive:
Read through the threads and you'll get a picture of why I stick with Walker.

Not really a problem as they meet us at the resort, sounds like an "inconvenience" but not much of an issue considering the quality of Walker's scooters and service.:drive:
I agree 100%! I have been using Walker for several years and will not change. I was concerned early on about having to meet the driver for delivery and pick-up, but believe me Walker goes out of their way to accommodate the guests' schedules.

Whatever you do don't rent from apple. I posted a recent horror story from last week and now I'm reading lots of similar problems with them...including a poor rating with better business bureau. I'm angry that Disney lists them as preferred.

I've stuck with Walker too. It's not as "simple" as it was before, but it wasn't a huge hassle to meet them, either. Certainly not sufficient to stop using them.

Whatever you do don't rent from apple. I posted a recent horror story from last week and now I'm reading lots of similar problems with them...including a poor rating with better business bureau. I'm angry that Disney lists them as preferred.

Actually we have rented from Apple the last several years (and have never had a problem), because of a bad experience with Walkers.:rotfl: In fact, we currently have a reservation with Apple for one of their Go Go Elite ECVs for Dec 6th-16th.

Ive had good luck with Apple but I'm trying to find the bad BBB rating where did you find that I would like to look it up

This is what I found 4 complaints in 2 1/2 years F rating but most of that rating is because they don't pay to be members of the BBB and haven't bothered with the BBB so there is no business info available to the BBB. I know a few people have had bad experiences but 4 complaints in 2 1/2 years compared with the thousands of rentals that have done wouldn't scare me away. I will still rent from them

This is what I found 4 complaints in 2 1/2 years F rating but most of that rating is because they don't pay to be members of the BBB and haven't bothered with the BBB so there is no business info available to the BBB. I know a few people have had bad experiences but 4 complaints in 2 1/2 years compared with the thousands of rentals that have done wouldn't scare me away. I will still rent from them
Not true! BBB ratings have no effect as to paid/non paid members, that is why BBB can be trusted! Disney preferred is another matter...Disney receives a "cut" on ANYTHING associated with Disney, keep that in mind when looking at preferred partners listings.

Not true! BBB ratings have no effect as to paid/non paid members, that is why BBB can be trusted! Disney preferred is another matter...Disney receives a "cut" on ANYTHING associated with Disney, keep that in mind when looking at preferred partners listings.
it does only because they can not verify business info if you are a paid member you give them your info they verify it if you look at the rating they show the reasons.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter