• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Looking for a new Bed Comforter

PrincessPatty

Love ya Black and Gold!! Go Steelers!!<br><font c
In the past year, I have purchased 2 different comforters from Target, and both have gotten holes in the seams.

I am trying to find a good quality comforter (at a bargain).

I am allergic to down, so those are out. The bed is a full size (although I am not against buying a queen size (bed is on a lift) I would like to keep it 'modern'...

Any suggestions? Where have you purchased from?

I have been very pleased with my purchase from Overstock.com. I've had it for several years and it has held up very well. Shipping with them is only $2.95 per your order, so it's a great deal. There are lots of options to choose from, too. Maybe that will give you some place to look. I wanted quality bedding, but didn't want to spend hundreds. I love my set. Hope that helps some.

I went to Sears, dug through their clearance... and waaaay back in the back I found a perfect one.

I'd say check out your local stores.
We've had ours since September, no problems so far. It's held up really well (DH and I fight over blankets, kick it off, etc)

I paid $35 for King comforter, bed skirt and 2 pillow shams!

I find that J C Penney (online) often has some really nice ones on clearance. I always look for matching valances- love that!
I cant say I have had the same luck in the store, but I perhaps just dont go there often enough.

Best of luck! I love getting new bed linens.:thumbsup2

I got mine at yard sale included dust ruffle, sheets, pillow cases, shams along with the comforter for $2.00 nothin wrong with it. Comforter is even reversible with same print on both sides matches my bedroom better than most comforters on market today.

Overstock.com is awesome! Check them out... And their shipping is normally $2.95 for whatever you order, sometimes less if there is a sale. :)

I've seen high-quality bargin comforters at Overstock.com, Tuesday Morning, Ross and T.J. Maxx. With the stores you have to dig around a little and be patient as stock changes, but I got a Ralph Lauren comforter for $80 at T.J. Maxx. I saw the same comforter at Macys for over $300! And I've had it for about five years now and it is a good as new.

Bryalnehome.com is another online site with great clearance. One year I bought a king size down comforter for $30, though I know that's not what you're looking for. They have lots of inexpensive non-down sets. Good luck!

I bought the one in our spare bedroom from Bed, Bath and Beyond on clearance with coupon. It was normally like $150, I paid $25 and it still looks great and is so warm. It's a down alternative comforter. If you can catch their clearance sale with a coupon, you can do really well there.

I found the pattern I wanted. Called their outlets, had the staff check out the defect, (they are irregulars). Staff couldn't find anything wrong with the comforter, had them ship it to me. I finally found what was wrong, the line was it was suppose to be sewn was visable, it isn't suppose to be. After the first washing it was gone. I still love that comforter and I saved over $300 easily. Got matching shower curtain for better than 80% off.

I'm another big fan of TJ Maxx/Homegoods. We have down comforters in our bedrooms, but we always get our other bedding items here.

Also, I was at Marden's recently (local surplus store) and they had TONS of JC Penney brand linens in many different colors and styles. Prices looked to be about 60-70% less than what they would have been sold for originally. I would check any local surplus stores that you have locally.

I just bought a comforter from Penney's for $40 plus shipping. It was in the $150 range. We love it. It came with pillow shams and a bed skirt. The shams are quilted and the flanges? hold up so nicely.

Homegoods!! I just bought a comforter set there, a high end king one for less than $100. They have some really nice things there.

I'm another fan of local discounters for bedding.

I've resolved not to buy any more for now since my "rotate out" storage area is packed to the rafters; but that doesn't stop me from looking, and I've seen some nice stuff at HomeGoods, Tuesday Morning, and Burlington Coat Factory around here. You may not be able to get all the "with-it's" if you go that route, but you can find some high end, quality bedding at good prices.

Congrats on the deal on the irregular set yeahdisney. That's another good way to go, as long as you can really check out what the defect is. I once bought a Pottery Barn Teen set from the outlet. 4 of us stood there and went over that comforter again and again, couldn't find a thing wrong with it. I got it home, washed it, and discovered a big old slit in the fabric. I have no idea how we all missed that in the store. Luckily it was a reversible set and DD wanted the good side up anyway because there was no way to hide the repair once it was stitched up.

Good Luck with your search OP!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter