Looking for a Lesbian Couple celebrating at Disney

grahamgscott

Earning My Ears
First, I hope this isn't breaking any guidelines. (I reviewed them and don't think I am).

Second, I find it a sad commentary that I have to post this....

Anyway I am looking for a lesbian couple celebrating their relationship in some Disney way or another who want to split the cost of buying two sets of Disney's wedding mugs. Disney apparently only intends these for straight couples: you can't buy a gay set, you can't buy a lesbian set, you can't buy the mugs separately to make your own gay or lesbian set.

I can't post links because I am still a newbie on this forum but you can see these mugs on the disney store online -- or just google "wedding minnie and mickey mouse mugs".

So, now I need to find a lesbian couple, split the cost for two sets and then pay for postage to mail the mugs again once I separate the Mickeys from the Minnies.

My target date for having all this wrapped up is October 20 2013. (We are headed down in November to celebrate 25 years together and I want to surprise my husband).

So let me know if you are interested and I hope we can make this happen.

Scott

First, I hope this isn't breaking any guidelines. (I reviewed them and don't think I am).

Second, I find it a sad commentary that I have to post this....

Anyway I am looking for a lesbian couple celebrating their relationship in some Disney way or another who want to split the cost of buying two sets of Disney's wedding mugs. Disney apparently only intends these for straight couples: you can't buy a gay set, you can't buy a lesbian set, you can't buy the mugs separately to make your own gay or lesbian set.

I can't post links because I am still a newbie on this forum but you can see these mugs on the disney store online -- or just google "wedding minnie and mickey mouse mugs".

So, now I need to find a lesbian couple, split the cost for two sets and then pay for postage to mail the mugs again once I separate the Mickeys from the Minnies.

My target date for having all this wrapped up is October 20 2013. (We are headed down in November to celebrate 25 years together and I want to surprise my husband).

So let me know if you are interested and I hope we can make this happen.

Scott

Scott I think is a great solution to the problem. I would be interested in splitting with you.

Hi
If you haven't found anyone yet I'd be interested. I'm based in the UK if that makes any difference.

Scott, congrats! I hope you are getting lots of requests to help. You should post on here if you have gotten your wedding mugs, I would like to know, and know how the surprise trip goes. Very cool!

Scott, I will be at Disney in early November celebrating my marriage with my soon to be new wife. This would be an awesome thing to do for us so if you still need someone to split the mugs with, let me know!

Apparently I don't have a high enough rating to send personal messages...

So I am not sure what to do to contact folks...:sad:

Scott

OK!

Here is the news!

Five days ago I walked into the World of Disney Store at Downtown Disney. I went over to the wedding section of the store, picked up a set of mugs and walked over to the information kiosk.

"I want a gay set and I don't think I should have to buy two straight sets then throw two of the mugs away in order to get a gay set."

The employee got on the phone and called up the Manager.

I asked him, "I certainly can't be the first person has asked for this."

"You sure are," he replied.

The Manager came down and I looked at him and said, "I want a gay set and I don't think I should have to buy two straight sets then throw two of the mugs away in order to get a gay set."

"You are correct," he said. "Let me get another set and swap these out for you."

And he did, re-wrapping them and everything.

"Have a magical day," he said handing them to us.

Is this cool or what?

SO, gay couples and lesbian couples -- or those looking for a wedding gift for a gay couple or lesbian couple -- just go into the World of Disney and ask them to make you a gay or lesbian set!

Scott

That is so awesome! Disney is so awesome! What a great story/happy ending. Congrats!

I LOVE your news update! Though I'm hetero, it makes me so happy to know they accommodated your needs. THAT kind of service makes me proud to do business with Disney! Congratulations on your celebration!:cool1:

I would think that Disney would grant your wish. Now that's customer service! Thanks for sharing the update.

Scott, thanks for sharing your story and providing us with an update. The end to your story just put a huge smile on my face. Happy 25 years! :cheer2:

I just joined the boards and read your first post and was willing to also purchase the ones you didn't want. Good to know and awesome for you!!!:thumbsup2 We are celebrating our 10 year next year and I plan on walking into World of Disney and asking just like you did! Thanks Scott!!!

OK!

Here is the news!

Five days ago I walked into the World of Disney Store at Downtown Disney. I went over to the wedding section of the store, picked up a set of mugs and walked over to the information kiosk.

"I want a gay set and I don't think I should have to buy two straight sets then throw two of the mugs away in order to get a gay set."

The Manager came down and I looked at him and said, "I want a gay set and I don't think I should have to buy two straight sets then throw two of the mugs away in order to get a gay set."

"You are correct," he said. "Let me get another set and swap these out for you."

Is this cool or what?

SO, gay couples and lesbian couples -- or those looking for a wedding gift for a gay couple or lesbian couple -- just go into the World of Disney and ask them to make you a gay or lesbian set!

Scott

It makes me really happy that they did this for you without any hesitation!! I love Disney for that!

grahamgscott said:
OK!

Here is the news!

Is this cool or what?

Scott

This is awesome. I am so happy for you.

That is such a great story about your mugs! That's why I love Disney! They really do make things magical!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter