looking for a great restaurant for wives bday

pnltbox27

Earning My Ears
any suggestions would be great. we are staying at windsor hills so anywhere in orlando area.will be with 11 and 8 year old too. thanks

How nice would you be willing to go with kids that young? That will help narrow it down?

actually melting pot is a cool idea we went to one here in illinois a few years back and had a great time.. thanks for the idea

There's a Maggiano's at Pointe Orlando that you can either order regularly off of, or you can do family style. Not exactly an Applebee's but not exactly Victoria & Albert's either. I think it would be a nice atmosphere for a birthday and to take the kids to. Plus their lobster ravioli is so yum.

as far as how nice with kids we are open for anything they are somewhat trained...lol actually they are really good at nicer rest.

I would recommend to you basically any of the restaurants on Restaurant Row on Sand Lake Road. Off the top of my head, there is a Ruths Chris, Mortons, Bonefish, Seasons 52, Samba Room, Timpanos Chophouse, The Melting Pot, Carrino's (Italian). There are more, but those are what I remember off the top of my head. IM sure you could google "Restaurant Row Orlando" and get more. These locations are all very close to Disney.

In Winter Park, there is Del Frisco's Steakhouse which is excellent. If you want to go to Park Ave in Winter Park, there are a lot of restaurants there as well, and you can meet/see locals (yes, people actually LIVE in Orlando haha). Chex Vincent is good, Panullo's Italian place is good and more kid friendly, Dexter's, 310 Park Ave, The Bistro.

Also, in Disney at the swan, there is a restaurant called "The Blue Zoo." Its kind of a well kept secret and a lot of locals actually go there too. Its a great place to eat, and swanky too!

I would be comfortable recommending any of the above to you. If you have any other questions, let me know and I'd be happy to help!

Close to Windsor Hillls, there is a nice restaurant on US-192 called Houlihan's. Yes, it's a chain, but the one there is probably the nicest one I've ever been in, it's all tiled in marble, granite, and hardwoods, and has an amazing outdoor bar area you can eat at with tables, usually a musician playing, etc. The food was great, and the place is huge, so when most of the area is very crowded, we got right in! (Which is a huge bonus when the other places tell you 1-2 hours wait and kids are with you!).

It's 5+ minutes west of Windsor Hills down US-192 on the south side of the street.

Not the fanciest place in the world, but great for families, and also you can get in pretty quickly since it's so big, it's huge for a restaurant in this area.

For fancy I would pick California Grill on top of the Contemporary at Disney (reservations required), Narcosee's at the Grand Floridian, or one of the restaurants on Sand Lake Road (but these are 20-30 mins away). The Pointe Orlando has nice restaurants too, but these are also 20-30 minutes away from WHR, up by Universal.

No one mentioned the restaurants at Universal City Walk either, there are places there such as Emeril's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter