Looking for a good coffee k-cup, that doesn't upset my belly??

luvmylittleboy2003

DIS Veteran
I just can't seem to mak/find a good tasting cup of coffee. I've even thought about ditching my keurig and going back to the old style coffe pot. I tried all different blends. Even thought it might be my coffeemate flavoring, so I made my own, I've used organic creamer, almond milk, vanilla syrup, etc..still the upset belly/nauseous feel. They seem so bitter. I love a mild, smooth, almost cocoa/nutty flavor..please share what your loving!

You can buy the reusable pod and put your own coffee (the kind you used for your old coffeee pot) and see if that's OK.

That is what I do. I find most k-cups are just too weak for my liking. I prefer Costco's kirland columbian and use that with the reusable cups.

Do you maybe have an ulcer? Coffee is very acidic by nature. Acidic foods cause nausea if you have an ulcer...

We use Costco's brand Kirkland Breakfast Blend K cups and it's better than any other I've bought, except maybe Wegman's, and it's cheaper.

I use the pod and I drink chicory. As I can't have all the acid any more. Starbucks makes a good light coffee. It is a blonde. I like that to.

You should look into cold brewing coffee. Everyone I know that had problems with the stomach and coffee switched to this method, and it 100% helped the problem.

What is chicory?? I'm wondering if it's the acid that's bothering me as well.

Chicory is a woody plant whose root can be used as a substitute for coffee (started in war times when coffee was scarce). I am a south LA girl and it is especially used now mixed with a coffee (mostly served in New Orleans now). It is bitter and not too many people I know really like it. It is still served as an au lait drink in the NOLA French Quarter.

If you're looking for a full bodied dark roast coffee, Community Coffee (a Baton Rouge LA coffee) makes a K-Cup (which I use in my Keurig) also in bags. It contains less caffeine than some (as the darker the roast, the less caffeine is left).
We have more than one friend that has tried it and loved it because it didn't bother their stomachs like other coffees. Good luck! :)

Chicory is a woody plant whose root can be used as a substitute for coffee (started in war times when coffee was scarce). I am a south LA girl and it is especially used now mixed with a coffee (mostly served in New Orleans now). It is bitter and not too many people I know really like it. It is still served as an au lait drink in the NOLA French Quarter.

If you're looking for a full bodied dark roast coffee, Community Coffee (a Baton Rouge LA coffee) makes a K-Cup (which I use in my Keurig) also in bags. It contains less caffeine than some (as the darker the roast, the less caffeine is left).
We have more than one friend that has tried it and loved it because it didn't bother their stomachs like other coffees. Good luck! :)

I was interested until you mentioned it being bitter...I don't want anything bitter, lol. I think I'll give community coffee a try .. Thanks

I just love K Cups, but how in the world did we all buy into the ideal of doubling the price of our coffee

I just love K Cups, but how in the world did we all buy into the ideal of doubling the price of our coffee

Well, actually I 'don't'!! I watch for sales (lots of 'buy one, get ones in this area) plus doubling of coupons, so pay 'very' little for my k-cups! Also, when needed, use the permanent cups with my same brand ground coffee!! (will only use Community Coffee) Would never pay anywhere near full price for the limited convenience even though I do enjoy my Keurig. :goodvibes

Have you tried Dunkin Donuts K Cups? Or Eight O'Clock?

Some of the Newman's Own are good, as are the Keurig brand.

I've also found some of the cheaper "Donut Shop" brands acceptable. You might like the Hazelnut?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter