• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Looking for a fun resort restaurant

RC Fan

DIS Veteran
Hello!

Can anyone recommend a resort restaurant with a relaxed, fun atmosphere, good food and good drinks?

Any advice would be great!

:bounce: :bounce:

Ohana at Poly great food & drinks, fun. Relaxing ?? just depends on where you get seated, we sat off to the right not in the main room once it was relaxing, then sat in the main room another time much more rowdy. Also Kona plus great desserts!! Cailf Grill at contp.

Kae

I would also recommend Ohana. It is far from a quiet but is a really fun place to dine.

:teeth: If you want something really fun & unique, try Whispering Caynon at WL. They've got wonderful "bbq" type food. Big portions, low prices!

Oh, and be sure to ask for lots of ketchup! If they don't bring it fast enough, just grab a bottle from another table. Don't forget to wear you Universal shirt. And make sure to tell your waiter that you are very thirsty and would like a big glass of water!

Trust me! It's fun!!!!;)

I second Whispering Canyon Cafe!

Can't beat the fun - I always call it the Hoop-de-doo without the review! O'hana is also fun too - and has the fireworks if you coordinate your dinner time with the show - just request a table with a view - no guarrantees but say that you'll wait!

Good luck on whatever you choose!

Melissa -:earsgirl:

I agree with Kimberle. Whispering Canyon is wonderful. Just make sure you brush up on your bird calls!

The food is great and plentiful. The CMs are extremely helpful and it seems everyone has fun there.

Hello Kimberle, uromac & Mackie's Mommy!

I have been to the Whisperin' Canyon Cafe a couple of times and it is great!

My Vote is for Boma...great food....and you can check out the animals while you are there

Whispering Canyon without a doubt. We went there for the first time on our last trip and it is our favorite place now!

When you say "fun, relaxed" that could mean different things to different people. Lots of people love Whispering Canyon, but go there knowing that it is going to involve a lot of "antics" with the wait staff, etc., which I actually find a bit annoying. And I don't think Whispering Canyon is your best choice for food. I think that the best food on property at a resort (or otherwise) is Boma - AMAZING food, and you can take a stroll outside to view the animals at the AKL before or after dinner.

I also think Ohanas is great - very fun and with a great alcoholic drink menu, etc. If you get a good table and time it right, you will have a view of MK fireworks too - you can see the castle directly across the lagoon from most of the tables in there.

My family loves Chef Mickey's at the CR! It is a buffet and the food, including the desserts! This is a must-do for our family every year we go to WDW! We went to Whispering Canyon last summer for the first time and had a great time, with lots of good food! We had lots of fun! California Grill has great food, with a more upscale atmosphere at a higher cost, but well worth it! We also tried Boma last summer. I had read so many great things about this restaurant and was so excited, as I like anything! Well, I didn't like almost anything there, which is hard to believe for me! The Animal Kingdom Lodge is a captivating resort, so we did enjoy touring and watching the animals. I would definitely not go back to Boma. These decisions aren't easy! I hope this helps some! We are headed there in a couple of months and we will definitely go to Chef Mickey's and California Grill and would like to try somewhere new. These boards are great and I thank everyone that gives advice.

Carol36

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter