Looking for a DLR hotel close to entrance and can see fireworks

SandraC

Longs for the feeling of sandy salt water in her k

Ummmm. There are only 3 official DLR hotels. The Paradise Pier Hotel, which is the cheapest of the 3, but still a "deluxe" if you are comparing them to WDW's hotels. It has the longest walk to the park and you might be able to see the fireworks from some rooms. However there are some rooms with nice views of DCA. The Disneyland Hotel is about a minute closer to the park, a bit nicer, and a bit more expensive. There are several rooms where you can see the fireworks. The Grand Californian Hotel is the nicest and most expensive (by far) of the three. It is also the closest to the parks, being only a couple hundred feet to each of the park's entrances. I'm not sure about views of the fireworks, but like the PPH, you can get some great DCA views.

Some offsite hotels are closer to the park's entrances than the Paradise Pier or the Disneyland Hotels. There are at least a dozen hotels on Harbor Blvd. that are much cheaper, within walking distance of the parks, and have great fireworks views.

However, I don't recommend seeing the fireworks from outside the park. It really is very different (and better) with all of the special effects from in the park.

How ever over on harbor there is the Ho Jo that has rooms with DL views.

We had a Parlor A Suite at Desert Inn and Suites, and I watched the fireworks, from our window, over Space Mountain!!

I was freezing cold [the rain was blowing sideways at DL] or I would have been in the park!!

You can see the fireworks from some rooms with the Downtown Disney View at the Grand Californian. Our traveling companions did that our last trip. We toughed it out and watched them right in front of the castle. Worth it..the narration that goes along with this fireworks show is not to be missed IMO

I am not 100% sure on this but I think that there are some rooms at the Carousel Inn and Camelot Inn and Suites where you can see the fireworks.

The Howard Johnson has Disney View rooms available.

At the pool deck at the PPH, you can see the fireworks with the music and narration. Much farther awy, but no crowd! -- Suzanne

However, I don't recommend seeing the fireworks from outside the park. It really is very different (and better) with all of the special effects from in the park.
I agree with DLR29. The RDCT show is much more than a fireworks show. If you watch them from outside the park you will miss 90% of the show. If that is the only option then go for it, but do not mistake that for actually seeing the show because you will only be seeing 10% of it.

Yes that is true! Remember...Dreams Come, True - fireworks is a SHOW! They flash images...The narration is a huge part of the show...and more you must SEE.

Hi SandraC. Because of various medical and age reasons firework shows are difficult for us to attend. When I made reservations at the Grand Californian last year, I asked for a fireworks view room and told them the reasons behind the request. Reservations responded that “officially” there were no “fireworks” room category, but they would try to arrange something. Our room at the GC had a wonderful side view of the fireworks. And they pipe in the sound track on the Disney Resort TV channel.

I am not 100% sure on this but I think that there are some rooms at the Carousel Inn and Camelot Inn and Suites where you can see the fireworks.

The Howard Johnson has Disney View rooms available.

The Carousel has the breakfast/fireworks-viewing room right up front. You're not in your own room, but it looks like a nice place to watch from!

We watched the fireworks from the balcony of the Camelot, we could also hear the music. Even that far away the booms were too loud for DS.

We watched the fireworks from the balcony of the Camelot, we could also hear the music. Even that far away the booms were too loud for DS.

The booms always seem worse from the Harbor motels than from inside the park. At the Hojo it sounds like they are exploding right over your room!

Original poster, you should be able to see fireworks from the view rooms at ay of the three Disney hotels. We more often than not end up back at the hotel before the fireworks since we get to the parks very early and have young kids. Yes seeing the fireworks in the park is ideal, but its not always possible. When you call for your reservation, just tell them you want to be able to see the fireworks from your room. They should be able to help.

I stayed at the Grand Californian Hotel and had a room with a view of Downtown Disney, and that was the best way to view the fireworks for us - from our balcony. We didn't need the narration that you get when you go into the park. That is better if you have kids with you. It was a great view - not too close, not too far. Not too low, not too high. Perfect. I don't know what your budget is, but if you have the money, stay at the GCH and ask for a room with a Downtown Disney view and that will automatically give you a view of the fireworks. Price-wise, it is one level above the 'standard rooms.' Also, it is a gorgeous hotel, so you won't be disappointed. And it leads right into Downtown Disney, California Adventure and provides the fastest route to the entrance of Disneyland. But it is not cheap. You do pay for the elegance and the convenience!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter