Looking for a beach in Grand Cayman

Psychodisney

DIS Veteran
Does anybody know of an easy to get to beach in grand cayman. We are doing Captain Marvin's until 1:00 but would like to go to a beach for a little while before returning to the ship? Any recommendations?

Hi There!

We did Capt Marvins in November followed by a short stay at the Royal Palms beach. This was excellent! The beach was beautiful, there were restrooms and a restaurant! But best of all, the Magic was docked right next to us! :cool1: It was similar to Castaway Cay...

DisneyNovember2006155.jpg

DisneyNovember2006174.jpg

It was a beautiful beach and I would not hesitate to go there again.

Karen

I have heard that "Sea Grapes" beach is very close to the ship and a great beach to visit.

We also went to Royal Palms Beach Club in Feb. The cab drivers all were saying it was the nicest place when we asked. It worked out really well.

We tendered so came into docks and took a cab (set rates per person one way were $4). It was about a 10 minute drive. Chairs are $5 each. No admission charge to use the beach club. When leaving, there are lots of taxis and mini-buses in the parking lot to take back to the port. Another $4 per person. We'd definitely do it again (with our children 4 and 8)

50458919lw4.jpg

79906759wj1.jpg

79808482fd2.jpg

56807538kz3.jpg

84612928jx3.jpg

Sorry for the shotty clarity on those, they are pre my new digital camera. They really don't do the beach justice, it's was gorgeous there. Clean pure white sand, crystal clear blue water. Very nice and the chairs, etc were no charge. They did have a place to eat right on the water and a shop.

Did you rent a car to get to Rum Point? We love Rum Point but are worried about the long drive from the ship. Thanks for the info.

I was looking into Rum Point and it sounds great but was concerned with how long it took to get there.
Your pictures are beautiful! I also would like to know how long it took to get there and if you just took a cab or not.

By boat is fine but I don't know how to do that. Did you catch a boat after you tendered? How long does it take by boat and what was the cost when you did it that way?
I guess I'm just looking for the easiest way to get there and had never heard of going by boat. Interesting...
Thanks for any information you can provide!!

Boat sounds interesting - please tell more - how big, how rocky, how long, how frequent, etc... - we are traveling with DDs 7 and 5.

Going by boat is part of an excursion. I think it stops at a couple of other places also. I have not taken it so I could be wrong. From what I have heard going by taxi is not a good option. It is about a 45 minute ride and would be costly. Then you would have a problem getting a taxi back to the port. If you want to go and spend a good amount of time there then renting a car is the best option. We have done this and it is about $65 for the car. We are a family of 5 so this was a lot cheaper than the excursion. We got there early and had the place to our selfs for a few hours before the boat showed up.

Joining thread

I am not sure about Sting-Ray City yet. This looks great (Rum Point).

Royal Palms looks good too.

We have early dinner and IF this turns out to be Pirate night I don't want the DDs worn out.
(I missed most of the on-deck party the first time with when DD#4 gave out :sad1: :sad2: :sad2: :sad1:)

I found this at the DCL site:

Enjoy a leisurely beach day swimming, sunning or snoozing as casuarina trees rustle overhead on beautiful Rum Point Beach. Take in the authentic island atmosphere as you bask in the sun on a hammock after a light lunch, then delight in a friendly game of volleyball before immersing yourself in the crystal-clear blue waters of the Caribbean.
Saved to your Wish List

Port of Call:
Grand Cayman
Activity Type:
Beach & Water
Activity Level:
Mild
Duration:
5 hours
Price:
Adult: $46 (ages 10 and up)
Child: $36 (ages 0-9)
Ages:
All Ages
Additional Information

* Travel time is approximately 1 hour in each direction.
* Water sport equipment rentals are available at an additional cost.
* Guests travel together with Guests from the Rum Point Beach Adventure & Stingray City Snorkel.
* Lounge chairs are available on a first-come first-served basis.

Rum point looks beautiful. Too bad it is so far by car. I think for a quick trip Royal Palms sounds good.

We went to Rum Point after Sting Ray City and a stop at a reef, it wasn't too bad, I want to say $50 maybe per person.

Rum Point seems like a long trip away - do you think it worth it? Especially if you have younger kids? It looks beautiful but I've seen it described as small-ish. Any thoughts?

We took taxis from the main part of town to the public beach near Sea Grapes and it was beautiful. In fact, it was the nicest beach I think I've ever been to (Serenity Bay is a close second). My pics are digital, sorry.

There were 6 of us and we got a mini-van taxi there and back for around $20 total.

No charge at the beach, but we did rent a chair or two.

Rum point is nice for someone who wants to spend they day at a pretty beach. They have a bar, some food and a couple shops. It's a long drive from the port though and depending on traffic that can be a problem. There used to be a ferry available from 7 mi beach to Rum Point but last I heard, it no longer exhists.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter