Looking ahead to MNSSHP

papertraveller

DIS Veteran
I know, I know ... in many places the snow hasn't stopped falling and spring is just a notion. But I blame DVC and the 11-month booking window. Suddenly realized we can slip away for a long weekend and attend MNSSHP and take a sample of Food & Wine for the first time.

So dear DIS expert planners, what do I need to know to get the most out of each special event?

How do I get tickets? How far in advance will I need to book? (We will have APs by then.) What are the musts and misses on your lists?

TIA!

Not sure when tickets go on sale (I'm thinking around June?). Here's what I've learned by going three times:

Definitely watch the parade. The Headless Horseman is sooo cool. And it's a totally different parade than the regular MK parade -- the first time we went, the Pooh characters were dressed in Halloween costumes. Eeyore as a mummy? Too cute! The fireworks are great, too.

If you think you want a sit-down meal, get your ADR as soon as you can. Don't waste precious time eating while the party is going on - time your meal so that you are finished before the party starts. (We don't do a sit-down meal, though - last time we just grabbed corn dog nuggets at Casey's prior to the start of the party.)

Rides will be walk-ons - it's a great chance to ride Space Mountain or other rides many times in a row. It's even better than EMH because lots of people who go to the party aren't interested in rides. (I inadvertently gave a CM a chuckle the first time I went to MNSSHP - I asked him if I would need a fast pass. He thought that was hilarious!)

If you plan to go in costume, remember that it's likely to be very hot. I saw numerous sweaty, crabby little kids in full-length costumes, sometimes with full face make-up. Pick a costume that's not too hot!

....How do I get tickets? How far in advance will I need to book? (We will have APs by then.) What are the musts and misses on your lists?

TIA!

You will be able to call Disney's main number, buy them online or onsite. They usually go on sale May 1. Depending on when you want to attend, you can wait till you are down there if you want. Most parties don't sell out and those that do don't sell out till Aug/Sept and sometimes not even till the day of.

Halloween night always sells out but not till Aug/Sept.

haha! Me Too. I was listening to the Boo To You parade! Its' really a lot of fun!

The parade and hallowishes are not to be missed. I loved trick or treating!

The parade and the fireworks are a must do. Currently the Noodle Station is under refurb, but its a great place to watch Hallowishes if it reopens. As successful as the Dessert Party has been im assuming Disney will continue it.

Depending on the time of the month and the day of the week the crowds can be great! Obviously the closer you get to Halloween the busier the party gets. I have read some horror stories about crowds on the Dis.

If you are a character fan you will find a bunch of them out during the party. A lot of villains that you won't see out any other time of the year. There is also a photo op with Snow White and all 7 Dwarfs and Cinderellas Carriage. Regardless of the day these lines get long! There are also a couple of Ghost photo ops as well. Check out this Photopass site for that info:

http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disneysphotopass/

As a PP mentioned, if you plan on a sit down meal plan early. Unlike regular ADRs that have a 180 day window you can make your ADRs for MNSSHP when you buy your tickets to the event.

Have Fun!!

I feel like I got my tickets in May last year. End of May, early June. Unless you're planning to go on Oct. 31s, you'll be able to hold off buying the tickets because they won't sell out for a while (if at all).

All great suggestions people gave! When you have DVC and/or Annual Pass you will see when the ticket information comes out that some nights are discounted if you have one of those I previously mentioned. If that works you might consider one of those parties. Also something else to consider is possibly waititng to purchase your tickets until a few days prior to the event. We never used to do this but have heard horror stories about people going to parties in drenching rains. Would hate to pay all of that $ to be wet and miserable. We also eat prior to the party starting usually at the LTT.

Thanks so much for your wonderful help. The tip on booking ADR when we buy the ticket is especially helpful. But of course, more info prompts more questions ...

What time does the party start?
Do people often go to more than one party night? We'll be at BLT, so we'll be able to skip the monorail crush. But yes, we are going Hallowe'en weekend.

Thanks so much for your wonderful help. The tip on booking ADR when we buy the ticket is especially helpful. But of course, more info prompts more questions ...

What time does the party start?
Do people often go to more than one party night? We'll be at BLT, so we'll be able to skip the monorail crush. But yes, we are going Hallowe'en weekend.
The party officially starts at 7:00 p.m., but you can get in with your MNSSHP at 4:00 p.m. Some people go to 2 parties, but you should be able to do everything in one night. Halloween Night always sells out and it will be quite a busy night.

We decided to go to two parties this past trip and it worked out great. It really depends on what you want to get out of MNSSHP. If you want to do most of the event and the park itself there is NO WAY you will get everything done on a slower night, much less on Halloween weekend.

DW wanted a picture with Snow White and with Cinderellas carriage. Just those two pictures alone will take well over an hour (maybe 2) out of your schedule. If you are looking to get either of these pictures done I highly suggest waiting in that area before the party starts. This way when it starts you will be the first couple in line and that will save you a nice chunk of time. The pictures with the Ghosts can be tough too. You are better off waiting until it gets dark out to get those, but by that time the line gets pretty long. The ghost picture by the HM was always busy when we walked past it. The other picture with the hitchhiking ghosts was the complete opposite. I don't think people realized there was a Photopass photographer there, so the couple times we had that picture taken there was nobody in line.

The first party we concentrated on the carriage picture, a few character meets and the park itself. We were able to get a lot done in the park while the parades and fireworks were going on (that may not be the case Halloween weekend though). The second party we hit the few pictures DW missed and we watched the shows. Again, the shows are NOT to be missed.

Regardless of how many nights you decide to go you will have a blast. The party is a lot of fun and it really makes the MK different.

As for the misses, unless you have young kids I would skip the trick-or-treating. It takes up too much valuable pary time.

I would agree that the trick or treating takes up a lot of time. When we do the party this year we will probably not spend so much time on it. Parade and hallowishes are must sees. Great party. Would do every time we were over at that time of year

The party is such fun!! We don't dress up in costumes but do find some fun halloween tshirts to get us in the halloween mood, infact we usually try and pick up a couple of them so we can wear them during our whole trip since we go the last week of Oct. 2 times we went it was very warm and once it was freezing! so be prepared for either.
Now we really have fun with the trick or treating! how many times can you do that as an adult?
The parade, fireworks and the villians show are all so cool and all the little
'parties' going on all over the park with dancing and the characters all over the place.
We have never found the carriage so we will have to hunt that down this trip and get a picture- where is it usually located at ?

Bev

The party is such fun!! We don't dress up in costumes but do find some fun halloween tshirts to get us in the halloween mood, infact we usually try and pick up a couple of them so we can wear them during our whole trip since we go the last week of Oct. 2 times we went it was very warm and once it was freezing! so be prepared for either.
Now we really have fun with the trick or treating! how many times can you do that as an adult?
The parade, fireworks and the villians show are all so cool and all the little
'parties' going on all over the park with dancing and the characters all over the place.
We have never found the carriage so we will have to hunt that down this trip and get a picture- where is it usually located at ?

Bev
When we have been at MNSSHP Cinderella's carriage was back by It's a Small World, right in front of where the Sky Cabs used to be.

We are looking at going to MNSSHP this fall and want to make ADR's for the trip. Are their particular days that it is usually offered on, the first part of Sept?
Thanks!

We are looking at going to MNSSHP this fall and want to make ADR's for the trip. Are their particular days that it is usually offered on, the first part of Sept?
Thanks!

These are the dates for last year from wdwinfo.com:

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

September: 4, 11, 15, 18, 22, 25, 29 2009
October: 1, 2, 6, 8, 9, 12, 13, 15, 18, 20, 22, 23, 25, 27, 29, 31 2009

November: 1 2009
Hours: 7:00 p.m. – midnight, Parade at 8:15 and 10:30, Fireworks at 9:30

When we have been at MNSSHP Cinderella's carriage was back by It's a Small World, right in front of where the Sky Cabs used to be.

thanks so much Princess Tiffany- we will plan on being back in that area when the party starts!

Bev

These are the dates for last year from wdwinfo.com:

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

September: 4, 11, 15, 18, 22, 25, 29 2009
October: 1, 2, 6, 8, 9, 12, 13, 15, 18, 20, 22, 23, 25, 27, 29, 31 2009

November: 1 2009
Hours: 7:00 p.m. – midnight, Parade at 8:15 and 10:30, Fireworks at 9:30

So probably the first 3 Fridays in the month would be a good estimate?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter