looking 4 hotel 4 family of 5 in or near LA...

luvdmouse

Mouseketeer
We are a family of 5. I am having a hard time finding a decent but reasonably priced room in the LA area. Anyone have any suggestions????

trying to find a room with 2 queen beds instead of doubles. I am thinking that Beverly Garland's Holiday Inn or Sheraton Universal City might be our best picks, but they are both over $300.

LA is hard to get around in. What are you planning on doing? Are you going to have a car?

If Universal Studios is your destination, we did stay at the Sheraton there and it was easy to get to the studios since they have a free shuttle but it's a giant hill that you really don't want to walk. We like the City Walk for lots of good restaurants right outside of the entrance to Universal Studios. If I recall correctly, you don't need more than a day or two at the most there. My dd was 6 when we went and she was too scared of a lot of the things to make it really fun for her.

We also like (hmmm, maybe LOVE) the Renaissance Hollywood Hotel right at the corner of hollywood and Highland Center. The walk of fame is right outside the door and so is the chinese theater. We stay here if we are going to see a show with the kids at the Pantages which is right down the street and a very short cab ride. If you get a larger king room with a sofabed they let you have a rollaway too so you can all spread out to sleep.

Tell us more about what you want to see and maybe we can help you find a better place and if you are going to have a car and drive. There is sooo much fun stuff to do in LA but the getting around can be a pain.

I have a Worldmark Timeshare right by Disneyland. PM me your dates and i can see if it's available. It has 1 and 2 bdrms. Cost depends on how many nights but should be cheaper than most hotels and it has a full kitchen.

I had this exact same problem as there's also 5 of us and was finding it difficult getting a room. I had the suggestion of Best Western Royal Palace Inn & Suites. It looks as though its half way between Santa Monica and Beverly Hills - but I've gone and booked a double Queen suite. Will cost me $991.74 for 6 nights in August - we have a car. Have read reviews on expedia and trip advisor and looks ok.

We finally found a courtyard by Marriott in Culver City. We used points and were able to get adjoining double queen rooms for both nights. I am not sure how close Culver City is to Hollywood/LA, but at least we will have plenty of room.

We finally found a courtyard by Marriott in Culver City. We used points and were able to get adjoining double queen rooms for both nights. I am not sure how close Culver City is to Hollywood/LA, but at least we will have plenty of room.

It's not far from Hollywood at all. You're about ten minutes south west from hollywood. Just hop on the 405 north and you're there in a few exits :)

We are 5 adults spending a few days before our MR cruise. I`ve booked the Hyatt Summerfield Suites El Segundo.- near Manhattan Beach.
2 bedrooms ( 1 King & 2 doubles), 2 bath, sofa bed + kitchen. We have a private LA tour booked that will pick up at our hotel however we would like to visit Warner Studios... probably need a rental car. Just having the extra person did push up the costs. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter