• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Longest time you have waited for a ride/attraction?

Waited over 2 1/2 hours for Indy at DL the summer it opened, then turned around and waited 2 hours for HM :sad2:

I once waited almost 3 hours :faint: to ride Millennium Force at Cedar Point...but that's a loooong story.

I waited 40-45 minutes for Test Track because:

1. It was broken. We were next to go into the little rooms.

2. We were leaving later that day and the person I was with REALLY wanted to ride it.

3. It was raining. Hard.

I don't generally wait more than 15 to 20 minutes for anything. A longer wait is just not worth the payoff for me.

I dont know if its just me but when ever the wait time states, usually when im on line waiting it does not seem as long as stated. Maybe im just having to much fun and not paying attention to the time :lmao:

We only travel Jan/Feb so longest was bit over 45 minutes and that was for the newly opened Tink photo opp. When we were nearly at the front of the line, there was a 10 minute delay.

CM said "They ran out of pixie dust" ??

When we finally got in there, I didn't care for Tink & friends' attitudes though I think they were in character. I hope DD doesn't want to do that line again!!

When I was 12, I waited about 2 hours for Space Mountain on a packed summer day. :scared1:

In the last couple years, the longest we've waited was 50 minutes for Toy Story Mania briefly after it opened, our first time on it.

30 minutes our typical cut-off for standby waits, and even then it has to be something we REALLY want to ride. FP all the way!

We waited over an hour for Splash Mountain on our '97 trip. For the life of me, I can't remember why!

1 hour. We purposefully don't wait in lines unless we absolutely have to.

We normally wont wait for long lines but we waited 3 1/2 - 4 hours for a ride on Kingda Ka back in it's opening year in 2005 at Six Flags NJ.

Same here, almost 3 hours in line waiting to get on Splash Mountain after it first opened! Never again! It makes me laugh because when DH and I were there in October of 2008, we waited almost 30 minutes for BTRR and when we got off that, we bypassed Splash Mountain because the wait time said 20 minutes and we were just too beat to even think about waiting in another 20 minute line! :lmao: Big difference between your 20's and your 40's! :rotfl2:

Back before FP it was a regular thing to wait 90 - 120 minutes during a busy time like Christmas and Summer. For me I think it was around 90 min. for SM.

Over 2 hours. It was for the Winnie the Pooh ride, and it was back in 2000. I was with my school (I was on the dance team), and our director/principals wouldn't let us carry around our tickets, so we couldn't do fast pass. Two hours was NOT worth it at the time. It was also my second trip in 10 years. The first time I went, I was only 7, and we only went for the day, and according to my Dad, I cried the whole time because it was my first time away from my mom. Imagine that, homesick at Disney World.

a little over an hour for space mountain, in disneyland. given that i was only there for one day, with my boyfriend at the time who had never gone.

but NEVER. AGAIN. :snooty:

At MK, at Space Mountain back in the late 70s (way before fast pass) we waited about 90 minutes.

I don't think I've ever waited more than an hour for anything at Epcot, the Studios or Animal Kingdom, even without fast pass.

At Disneyland in California, the Indiana Jones attraction (pre-fast pass) was about 2 hours. I think it was the last weekend for one of the parades at the time, maybe Main Street Electrical Parade. Was unaware of this and was totally unprepared for the unexpected HUGE crowd that afternoon and evening.

About 2 1/2 hours for Mean Streak at Cedar Point the weekend it opened in 1991.

I don't remember this, but my mother says we waited about 3 hours for the General Motors Futurama attraction at the 1965 New York World's Fair. I DO remember riding Carousel of Progress there, but not It's A Small World.

Jim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter