• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Longest time spent away from spouse / partner?

Some months at a time. DW had a fantastic job opportunity several states away so we agreed I'd stay put and she would go. I wanted to look for another job in her area and we agreed that it would be max two years and that's what it was. Of course we spoke daily, facetimed, and we visited each other several times in the two years, but we were not living in the same place. At the end of the two years I left my job to move to her new location and it all worked out.

I think 6 weeks. DH travels a lot for work. There was a time when he could come home every third weekend and we could go months seeing each other on that schedule. When he went to China he had 3 trips that were about 6 weeks each. I was home with little kids so that was rough. The last time I was 7 months pregnant with #3.

Only twice over the years that I can recall for 3-4 days where my mother and I went to a conference for a group we are in.

Four years.

My husband lives down the street. It's a great arrangement. We're very happy and are not legally separated or plan to be. Married life wasn't so wonderful under the same roof but now we see each other when we want to. We expect to be married forever.

There is nothing we wouldn't do for one another. We love each other.

8 days Easter week 2004.
My wife was chaperoning our daughter's Middle School Easter week trip to Washington, D.C.
I was chaperoning our son's High School Baseball 8 day team trip to a tournament in Las Vegas.

Four years.

My husband lives down the street. It's a great arrangement. We're very happy and are not legally separated or plan to be. Married life wasn't so wonderful under the same roof but now we see each other when we want to. We expect to be married forever.

180 degrees out from I guy I worked with. He and his wife divorced, but continued to live under the same roof. He had the second floor and the living room. She had the first floor and the family room. They shared the kitchen. As he put it, being married to each other just didn't work, they didn't love each other anymore. But selling the house, living separately, and trying to sort out the custody of their two children was too expensive. They got along great as room mates.

Probably 12-14 days (also married to a scuba diver). Now when he goes away I go to Orlando solo, currently visiting family in Florida!

DH is retired military and I lost count years ago how many times he went TDY or deployed. The longest, however, was a one year remote assignment to Iceland towards the end of his career.

Longest was actually before we were married. We were still in college and I did an 8-week term abroad.

Longest since we were married is about 2 1/2 weeks, for his job.

I took care of my mom after she had a major surgery so had to be away for about three months. I don't recall DH every joining me during that period. I probably discouraged him from coming, as it was so stressful and I was so busy.

Four years.

Interesting - that’s one I haven’t heard of before. Glad it works for you two. 👍 I assume you don’t have kids?

Before we got married, (now) DW moved to Florida and washed monorails at WDW for a year while I was finishing school. That lasted a little over a year, but there were some trips back and forth.

After marriage, there were a couple of times I was on the road for work for a month. Now it's a week to two at the most.

A week when my mom passed, my dad got sick and I got sick too. We were going on a big cruise trip and I quarantined with him so I wouldn’t pass the highly contagious bug to my family. There were no services due to everyone getting sick and her cremated.

15 days. Business trip to China and Korea. After that trip I never combined another trip because I missed her and home too much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter