Longer Trip Than Usual 4-18 to 4-25

LYNSUE

DIS Veteran
Prologue:

As an explanation to the trip report name, DH and I usually spend 5 nights and 6 days when we travel to WDW. We arrive as early as possible on a Thursday and leave as late as possible the following Tuesday. We have been doing that plan for a while now and it is ok. But it sure is hard returning to work mid-week with a late return the night before.

So this time we went from Saturday to Saturday: 4-18-09 8:00am flight out of Milwaukee until 4-25-09 7:30pm return flight out of Orlando. We sure maximized our whole week of fun at WDW.

This was our 4th flight in a row with AirTran. We have come to like this airline a lot. They have always been on time and provided great service. Again this time, we were very happy with AirTran. We even spent the extra $$ to have the exit row this time. Since I am a little claustrophobic, it was well worth it.

Another bonus this trip….Some very good friends of ours joined us for a few days at the beginning of the trip. It was so nice to see them. I will give more details about them later. Their daughter is currently in the college program at WDW.

DH was interested in telling our trip report in a “he said/she said” format. So I will write my angle and he will follow up with his thoughts. It should be interesting to get 2 points of view on the one trip. So look for posts from GBPackFan throughout the report.

We have some pictures to share also. Many of them are food pictures. I will be including the restaurant reviews in with the regular trip report. I hope no one minds!

So with those details out of the way..... The actual trip report can begin.

We were spending Friday night at a Milwaukee hotel near the airport. We always stay at the Super 8. We like their park and fly program. And this stay we had free parking for the week. The free parking was because the previous stay in December of 2008, we had trouble getting the shuttle from the airport upon our return. It was a long story, but our discussing the problem with them resulted in the free parking this time, so it was worth it.

We left home about 4:00pm to drive to Appleton. We met our youngest son at our favorite Chinese restaurant for an early dinner and then DH and I were on our way to Milwaukee by 5:30ish. We arrived at the Super 8 around 7:30pm.

We got settled in our room and watched the Brewer game on TV. They lost! At about 10:00pm some very noisy people came in. Their room must have been right next to ours. There was very loud conversation and door slamming. This went on for about 45 minutes. Then it was close to midnight when the road construction outside of the hotel started. They were actually using a jack hammer. The windows in our room were rattling!! Then at about 4:00am the loud people were up again. So our generally pleasant stay at the Super 8 was not so pleasant this time. None of it was the fault of the hotel, so we could not really complain.

Saturday 4-18-09 Departure Day

We got the 5:40am shuttle to the airport. When we were going through security, I forgot I had two small bottles of water in my carry-on bag. It was rather embarrassing when the attendant pulled them out. I apologized. :guilty: We grabbed breakfast at the airport. DH had a breakfast burrito and I had a gourmet breakfast sandwich that included egg tomato ham with a pesto mayo on frocoshia (spelling) bread. Along with one bottle of water, the bill came to $14.00. The food was not great but it was the best I ever had at an airport.

We were at our gate at 6:30am for our 8:00 flight. While we were waiting, there was a bit of a ruckus. A carry on bag was left unattended in the seating area. The bag was surrounded by airport personnel and they were discussing what to do with it. In the mean time, the owner of the bag returned from the rest room. She was scolded soundly by the airport workers. Come on people....they make the announcement every 10 minutes not to leave your bags unattended!!! Also while were waiting we saw a "make a wish" family. I was wondering if we would see them later on at WDW. The family was getting the royal treatment by the staff at the airport. I hope that continued for them for the whole trip.

We boarded promptly at 7:30 and took off on time at 8:00. AirTran sure runs a tight ship and I like it. And the extra space in the exit row was really nice. The third person in our row was a big spender. Although this was an early morning flight, he was buying alcohol for all of the people he was traveling with. (They did a late booking so they were spread out all over the plane.) Plus he was buying drinks for the three ladies sitting across the aisle. (he had just met them!!) On top of that, he tipped the flight attendant $20 after the last round of drinks. (cash is acceptable, but only for tips) I felt like I was on a Vegas flight :lmao:

We had a great flight and actually arrived 20 minutes ahead of schedule. At the ME counter at 11:45. That took about two minutes to get through. The line for the bus to BWV was very long, but we only waited about one minute for the line to start moving. However, we were the cut off for that bus. We then waited another 15 minutes for the next bus. During our wait the nice CM chatted with us about cruising on the Wonder, so the time went by rather quick.

Of course we were the first ones to board the BWV bus, so we got the front seat. We were on the bus at 12:15 and the bus left at 12:25. First stop was Port Orleans and we were the 2nd stop. We did NOT do the advance check-in on line. But check in was so smooth and quick, I can't imagine how the advance check-in could have made it any better?? Of course our room was not ready yet, so we checked our bags with bell services and we were on our way.

Let the real WDW fun begin! A whole week.....I just cant explain the feeling. But I think you all know the feeling I am describing here. :yay:

This was going to be a “No Park Day” for us. Our thinking was…. This is the weekend after Easter. The parks would be crowded and not worth the hassle of arriving mid afternoon. We really wanted to start the trip on a more relaxed note. So instead of a hot crowded park……we scheduled a massage instead!!!!

If any of you read my December 2008 trip report “Quick Crazy Christmas Trip”, you would remember that we rushed around like crazy the short time we were there. I had promised DH we would have a more relaxed trip in April. Besides, we had a whole week in front of us to see the parks.

We walked from the Boardwalk over to the Dolphin. We had decided on lunch at the Cabana Bar & Grill by the pool. The pool area and the dining area were somewhat crowded, but we found a table right away. DH started with lemonade and I had water. We shared an order of chicken wings. Then DH had the soft shell crab sandwich and I had the crab cake sliders. The total bill came to $46.33. We had dined here for the first time in December of 2008 and the food was equally as good this time. However, the crab cake sliders were $16.00 and I felt those were really over priced for what I got. The rest was fine. The one item I was really looking forward too was no longer on the menu. It was a trio of noodle salads. I was a little disappointed by that. But our main reason for choosing this restaurant was convenience. Our massage was at the Mandra Spa in the Dolphin.

Our couples massage was scheduled for 3:00. We were to arrive by 2:45. Luckily our timing with our lunch worked out great and we arrived at Mandra Spa just slightly early. Now, I have to tell you….this is a virgin experience for both DH and I. Neither of us had a massage before. I had some reflexology done on my feet a few years back and liked it very much. However, a whole massage was not something I really wanted to try. I have issues with strangers touching me and I imagined the whole thing as being kind of clinical rather than relaxing. But….this is something DH has wanted to do for a long time. So I put by irrational fears aside and decided to give it a try. It turned out to be a nice experience.

We were treated like royalty from the moment we walked in. We were each shown into a private changing area where we were given a plush robe and shower sandals to wear. Next we entered a lounge area where we could serve ourselves lemon water and fruit teas. The treatment started with a 30 minute Jacuzzi. We were shown to the Jacuzzi room and the attendant explained how to operate the tub (already filled with water and some spa salts.) Upon entering the tub, we found the water to be extremely HOT HOT HOT. We had to run some cold water just to make it bearable. But once we adjusted the water temperature we were able to relax.

The timer on the tub was set to stop 10 minutes before the massage started. This gave us time to dry off and get ready for our 50 minute massage. We had requested two females for this and the two ladies did a great job. Of course, I have nothing to compare it too, so I assume it was great. A couple of times the pressure in my shoulder areas got a little too intense, but the attendant could sense that and she immediately let up.

All in all….it was a nice experience. I might do it again for a “special occasion” treat. The whole experience was a little “too high class” for me and the attention was way more than I am use too. Also the cost really prohibits us from doing it more often. There are other spas at WDW that would have been less expensive, however we chose the Mandra spa for the location and convenience of getting there. If we did it again…. we would probably choose a different spa that included just the massage (the Jacuzzi was nice but not really necessary) .

So we can check "the massage experience" off of our list of things to accomplish.

We will continue our day and night at WDW in the next post.

We were at WDW when you were, but we went home on Sunday.
You missed all the snow on Monday. blech, that wasn't nice to come home too.

I agree about the massages.
At least you lasted the 45 minutes,
after 5, I would of been, "see ya".

We stayed off site,
and our hotel was known for their Spa,
it was suppose to be the number one spa in Orlando-
thanks, but I couldn't do it.
I was going to get my hair-cut, they had professional
people there to tell you how you should style your hair,
but mine is naturally curly-fizz, and therer is only one style,
short.

Looking forward to the He said/she said report.

Hi! I am Lynsue’s DH. I am going to help out with this trip report and try to give another viewpoint of this vacation. I hope you enjoy this report and the “she said/he said format. There will be pics added to the report as it progresses, but we didn’t take too many the day we arrived. :confused3:

As my DW stated in the opening, this is a longer trip than we usually take and I was really looking forward to it. We both had a very stressful couple of days at work :crazy2: trying to get things done so we could get away and totally relax for a week. We left work at 3 PM of Friday and were packed and ready to go by 4 PM. We knew we were meeting up with friends on Saturday night and knew it would be a long day, so we were hoping for a restful night at the hotel. But with noisy neighbors and midnight road construction outside the hotel it just didn’t happen. We were up bright and early and the adrenaline was there. We were ready and anxious to begin our trip! :banana:

A smooth flight and an unexpected early arrival got us off to a great start. The trip to BWV aboard the ME went smoothly. After check in, we headed to the Cabana bar by the pool at the Dolphin for a leisurely lunch before our scheduled couples massage at the Mandra Spa inside the Dolphin. Unlike my DW, I was very much looking forward to our massage. We had tentatively scheduled one for our trip last October, but we ended up not having one. :sad2: Everyone I’ve talked to told me that it was very relaxing and that we’d enjoy it. We were pampered while we were there. The jacuzzi was very hot, but very relaxing. I knew she was very apprehensive about the massage, and was hoping she would enjoy it. The massage was everything I thought it would be. What a way to start a vacation! :yay: It felt so good and I was so relaxed while lying on the table that I almost fell asleep. The 50 minutes flew by! Even though we didn’t get a lot of sleep the night before, after that massage I felt very rested and ready for the long evening ahead of us. I would definitely get another massage. :thumbsup2

I don’t want to get ahead of DW’s so I’ll stop for now. Looking forward to getting feedback from other Dissers about this report.

Hi! I am Lynsue’s DH. I am going to help out with this trip report and try to give another viewpoint of this vacation. I hope you enjoy this report and the “she said/he said format. There will be pics added to the report as it progresses, but we didn’t take too many the day we arrived. :confused3:

As my DW stated in the opening, this is a longer trip than we usually take and I was really looking forward to it. We both had a very stressful couple of days at work :crazy2: trying to get things done so we could get away and totally relax for a week. We left work at 3 PM of Friday and were packed and ready to go by 4 PM. We knew we were meeting up with friends on Saturday night and knew it would be a long day, so we were hoping for a restful night at the hotel. But with noisy neighbors and midnight road construction outside the hotel it just didn’t happen. We were up bright and early and the adrenaline was there. We were ready and anxious to begin our trip! :banana:

A smooth flight and an unexpected early arrival got us off to a great start. The trip to BWV aboard the ME went smoothly. After check in, we headed to the Cabana bar by the pool at the Dolphin for a leisurely lunch before our scheduled couples massage at the Mandra Spa inside the Dolphin. Unlike my DW, I was very much looking forward to our massage. We had tentatively scheduled one for our trip last October, but we ended up not having one. :sad2: Everyone I’ve talked to told me that it was very relaxing and that we’d enjoy it. We were pampered while we were there. The jacuzzi was very hot, but very relaxing. I knew she was very apprehensive about the massage, and was hoping she would enjoy it. The massage was everything I thought it would be. What a way to start a vacation! :yay: It felt so good and I was so relaxed while lying on the table that I almost fell asleep. The 50 minutes flew by! Even though we didn’t get a lot of sleep the night before, after that massage I felt very rested and ready for the long evening ahead of us. I would definitely get another massage. :thumbsup2

I don’t want to get ahead of DW’s so I’ll stop for now. Looking forward to getting feedback from other Dissers about this report.

Glad you enjoyed your massage. My dh would too.
We experienced low crowds in the park.
I don't know if it was just a freak thing, but I'm interested to see how the crowds were.

By the time we got dressed and out of the spa, it was after 4:30. We walked back to BWV, stopped at the store for some bread and milk, stopped at the desk for our room number, collected our carry on luggage from bell service and then made our way to our room. When we arrived in the room we found that our luggage had been delivered by ME. We were all set… except I then remembered the package I had shipped to BW. It contained our breakfast food for the whole week and also the makings for one lunch of tuna salad. I had my UPS confirmation that the package had been delivered to BW the previous Thursday. When I called down to the desk to request the delivery, the CM told me delivery was closed since it was just after 5:00pm. So I whined a little to the CM about really needing the delivery right away and she said she would call back in 30 minutes. Five minutes later, there was a knock at the door and the package was there!!!

At this point we had already been up for over 12 hours with little sleep the night before and we still had the whole evening ahead of us. A little rest time was in order. However, we were still waiting to hear from our friends that were driving from South Carolina. I just knew if we started to rest, then we would get a call. Sure enough…. that’s what happened. The plan was for us to keep our ADR at Yachtsman, they would meet their daughter (college program at WDW) for dinner and then we would all meet up at Jellyrolls later on. We had not seen our friends since Thanksgiving 2008, so we were anxious to get together. E-mailing is nice, but not the same as getting together.

So here is a little back ground on our friends. I will refer to them as D&G. We have been friends with this couple since our kids were in grade school. Our oldest son and their oldest son were in the same class. We did a lot of things together involving the kids sports and school stuff, but also adult things like card club, bowling league, and weekend outings. G (male) works for a large company that started having cut backs. (who isn’t having cut backs these days???). They struggled for a few years with possible lay offs, but always seemed to just make the cut offs. Well one day things got worse and G was told he either had to take a transfer to South Carolina or be cut and forfeit his entire retirement package. Of course it was difficult, but they really had no choice but to move. This July, it will be two years since they have relocated. Things were going ok in SC until about 6 months ago. Now the plant in SC is going through the same cut backs that happened in Wisconsin. So D&G are re-living the same nightmare they went through two years ago. Damn Economy!!!! We knew that this would be a very budget minded trip for them. But getting together for some good conversation cost very little.

Our ADR at Yachtsman was for 6:25. We arrived at about 6:20. It is just a short walk from Boardwalk to Yacht Club. The restaurant was somewhat busy. We only waited about 5 minutes for our table. Our waitress was Vicki. Great server. She knew how to be attentive without over doing it. The last time we were at YSH, I remember the wonderful roasted garlic they served with the bread. I mentioned to our server how much I like the garlic. So when she brought the bread, she brought two containers. She said she wanted us each to have one. She was worried DH may not get any if she only brought one. LOL.

Sorry we do not have pictures from YSH. I was not very comfortable taking flash pictures in this very nice restaurant. So I will just have to use words for this one. DH started with a glass of wine (red of course to go with beef) and I had my usual water. DH ordered the New York Strip Steak with peppercorn brandy sauce and potato gratin. He got a side of carrots with this also. I started with the chilled seafood salad and then had the braised beef short ribs with fingerling potatoes. I did mix the remaining garlic with my meat and potatoes. The whole meal was exceptional and I had the garlic breath to prove it!!! This was our second visit to YSH and we will definitely return again. We were able to use our “Tables in Wonderland” discount card at this restaurant. That saved us 20% on the food and alcohol. Since this restaurant is a little pricey, the 20% really helps. Our total bill with tax, tip and discount came to about $120.00.

We really did pamper ourselves this first day of vacation. As usual, I was feeling guilty about it. DH did remind me that it’s ok to do that once in a while. Were worth it. He’s right!

After dinner we waddled back to the BW, stopped at the store to get bottled water (we forgot to get this on our first visit) and then went to the room to put the water in the fridge along with my leftovers from dinner. We were off to Jellyrolls.

I will continue this very long first day later.

Ahh....BWV...my fav resort!! Sounds like you are going to have a relaxing trip (I feel the same way you do regarding massages. One of my son's ex-gf was training to be a masseuse & gave me a massage & I was so uncomfortable at first but ended up falling asleep :lmao: She left me on the table for 15 mins to finish my nap - I was so embarrassed!)

If you don't mind me asking, what sort of view did you get at BWV? I got to stay in a 1-bedroom with boardwalk view in December and now I'm spoiled!

I love the hers/his comments - interesting points of view from both of you.

Ahh....BWV...my fav resort!! Sounds like you are going to have a relaxing trip (I feel the same way you do regarding massages. One of my son's ex-gf was training to be a masseuse & gave me a massage & I was so uncomfortable at first but ended up falling asleep :lmao: She left me on the table for 15 mins to finish my nap - I was so embarrassed!)

If you don't mind me asking, what sort of view did you get at BWV? I got to stay in a 1-bedroom with boardwalk view in December and now I'm spoiled!

I love the hers/his comments - interesting points of view from both of you.

As far as our view at BWV....Our studio room balcony faced the court yard right where the double stair case comes down from the back of the BW lobby. We could not really see the boardwalk, but it was right around the corner of the building to the left. We were on the fourth floor with a small balcony room #4061. I liked the location. It was only a short walk from the elevator to our room. We did not have to travel the endless hall way.

Here is a photo of our BWV room. It is the small balcony near the middle, 2nd row from the top. The balcony doors are closed.

DSCN0333.jpg

I don't know if it was just a freak thing, but I'm interested to see how the crowds were.

Part of the reason we did a "no park day" on Saturday was because we were worried about the crowds remaining from post Easter week. So starting the parks on Sunday we found them to be very manageable. It was a little more crowded than I was expecting but we really did not wait to ride anything. Later in the week on Friday and Saturday, the crowds did pick up a bit.

Here is why I love to stay at the BW area. Everything we did this afternoon was within walking distance. We walked to the Dolphin for lunch and massage, we walked to YSH for dinner and now we are walking to Jellyrolls for some entertainment. But the best part of all is that we can walk to Epcot and the Studios. You just can't beat the location. We are considering trying to buy a small DVC resale contract for either the BW or BC just to have a better chance of staying in this area. But it is just a consideration right now.

DH really wants to tell you about our evening at Jellyrolls so I won't go into a lot of detail now. We got there about 9:00 and got a table right in the front off to the far right. D&G showed up about 9:30. I was so happy to see them, but the atmosphere at Jellyrolls is really not conducive to having conversation. So we stayed until about midnight and then had a night cap back at our studio. But that's enough from me... I will add any additional comments after DH writes his part tonight.

Thanks for reading along. We will definitely have some pictures starting Sunday morning.

Hello! I'm looking forward to reading more about your trip. I am planning a trip with my parents next April and would like to stay in the Boardwalk area so very interested to hear about everything.
My only question is regarding weather. We went in January and it was fabulous and now I'm concerned a little for it being too humid in April. Unfortunately, us Arizonans abhor the humidity. ;)
Was it enjoyable?

The week we were there in April was absolutely perfect. Low 80's with sunshine everyday. We had one small rain shower on Monday 4-20-09 that lasted about a half hour. We experienced no or very low humidity while we were there. In fact DH and I commented on it. We enjoyed the weather very much. So I don't know if this is the usual for April or if we just got really lucky. DH made the comment that he would love to return during April (as long as we avoided Easter)!

Can't wait to read more! We are highly considering the BWI for our trip next April, we like the location and love the look of the resort! If my DH was on the DIS his screen name would be similar to your DH's, my DH grew up in West Bend, WI, so he's a fellow Packer Backer:) Looking forward to reading more!!

As far as our view at BWV....Our studio room balcony faced the court yard right where the double stair case comes down from the back of the BW lobby. We could not really see the boardwalk, but it was right around the corner of the building to the left. We were on the fourth floor with a small balcony room #4061. I liked the location. It was only a short walk from the elevator to our room. We did not have to travel the endless hall way.

Here is a photo of our BWV room. It is the small balcony near the middle, 2nd row from the top. The balcony doors are closed.

DSCN0333.jpg

When my DBFF & I visited WDW in January 2008, we had the room right below yours (sort of) - it was the first room on the left with the big balcony. Our room (1-bedroom) was the first on that floor with huge balconies and we loved sitting out there in the mornings watching people come down the stairs headed out to the boardwalk and also could see the boats come in (the view was a little blocked by the trees which weren't in full bloom yet).

How funny that you had the one bedroom villa right below us. As you can see in the photo, there are actually people sitting on that balcony. I noticed the couple spent a lot of time out there. They must have really liked it also.

As I finished my last post, we had just finished our massage on Saturday afternoon. We had about 90 minutes before our ADR at Yachtman’s, so we went back to the room to get ready. The walk over to the Yacht Club was pleasant. Some people were wearing a light jacket or sweater, but being from Wisconsin it felt very comfortable to us. We arrived 5 mintues before our reservation and were seated with a very short wait. I started with a glass of Pinot Noir wine. The roasted garlic w/bread was wonderful. I ordered a side of “rainbow carrots” to go with the meal. Vicki told us that the sides are enough to share and she was right! There are many wonderful desserts at YSH, and I didn’t have room for them when we were there last year, so I wanted to make sure to get one this time. Didn’t happen. While the restaurant is pricey, the portions are big enough that I didn’t have room for the dessert. Maybe next time. There was a couple sitting across the aisle from us enjoying their dinner. When they finished and got up to leave, they wheeled a stroller out from behind the table. Their baby slept quietly throughout their meal. There was another couple a few tables over that wasn’t as lucky. Two young children, and the mother was constantly moving from one child to the other helping them with their meal. I’m sure she didn’t have quite the pleasurable experience that we had.

We took a long leisurely walk back to our room (#4061) to take DW’s leftover short ribs, back to the room to refrigerate, before heading to Jellyrolls. This was our second trip to Jelllyrolls. The first was in December when we were there for Mousefest. We got there between 8 and 8:30. We got a table on the main floor off the right side of the stage. We had a cute and energetic waitress by the name of Jennifer. My drink of choice is a Southern Comfort Old-Fashion. I found out when we were there is December that they don’t have bitters in Florida, so I had a margarita instead. Michael and Tommy were warming up the crowd. A request came up from the audience for “Eye of the Tiger”. Michael insisted he didn’t know the song. He started playing the opening chords and softly singing the first verse, when he got to the chorus a table of young ladies sitting right in front of the stage started belting out the refrain… Michael was impressed and told the crowd, “Later when it gets crowded, we’ll break into this song, and no one will know where it came from”. Sure enough, about 10:30 during the middle of their second set they started with Eye of the Tiger. Those that were there early burst into song and laughter :rotfl2:…….. At 9 PM Tommy and Michael took a break and were immediately replaced by Ray and a new partner. (Scotty had the night off) Sorry but I can’t remember the new guy’s name. He sang a lot of the rock ‘n roll type songs and did a great job.

Our friends finally arrived just before 10 PM. There daughter would be joining us later. Their daughter told her mother to order one of the signature drinks. It was huge! One drink lasted until midnight…… It was great to see them again, but it’s really hard carrying on a conversation during the show. Gary kept asking, “How do these guys know all these songs?” Both groups are very talented and entertaining. Sometime after 11, someone sent a request up to Ray. Someone had an announcement they wanted to make. Ray said the #1 rule at Disney is “Do not hand the microphone to a drunk” He told the guy to come up and to keep it clean and not make any references about Universal or Sea World. They guy then called his girlfriend up on stage to join him….Yes, you guessed it, he proposed to her in front of everybody there. When he reached into his pocket for the ring, her hands were really shaking….. She did say “Yes” and sounded very surprised and happy.:love:

At midnight we decided to go back to our room to visit with our friends. Their daughter and her friends still hadn’t showed up. On the way back to the room, we could hear fireworks. We walked out by the pool and watched the fireworks from DHS. Saturday was a “Grad Night” and the fireworks started at midnight. A good view of them from our pool. About 12:45 “D’s” cell phone rang. Her daughter was pulling into the parking lot and was wondering if we were still at Jellyrolls. We went out to the balcony and waited for them to walk through the courtyard below. As they passed beneath our window, I shouted out to them. They heard us and looked up. Then I remembered what time it was and figured I shouldn’t have been shouting from the balcony that time of night.:rolleyes1 Oh well, my bad……. Our friends headed out about 1:30. They had a rental car and headed back to the Pop Century. We made plans to meet up in EPCOT the next day.

What a day (1/2 a day actually). A massage, a wonderful meal, great entertainment, and a chance to visit with friends. This vacation certainly is off to a wonderful start.:cloud9: In keeping with our “slower and relaxing vacation”, we didn’t set the alarm for the morning. The parks will be there whenever we wake up and are ready to go in the morning….

Tomorrow we’ll continue this report with Sunday’s adventures……..

I didn't think the crowds were too bad. Certainly not anywhere near as large as they probably were during Easter week. We never waited very long for anything and on some attractions we had no wait at all. By Friday and Saturday the crowds did seem a little larger though.

Hello! I'm looking forward to reading more about your trip. I am planning a trip with my parents next April and would like to stay in the Boardwalk area so very interested to hear about everything.
My only question is regarding weather. We went in January and it was fabulous and now I'm concerned a little for it being too humid in April. Unfortunately, us Arizonans abhor the humidity. ;)
Was it enjoyable?

The weather was almost perfect while we were there. Monday was a little humid and it did rain for about 30 mintues or so. But the rest of the week it was low to mid 80's during the day with little or no humidity. I loathe the humidity also and will not travel to WDW from late May through Mid Sept. We've been there in Sept and October when it's been unbearably hot and humid also. The weather this trip was probably the best we've ever experienced at the Happiest Place on Earth

Can't wait to read more! We are highly considering the BWI for our trip next April, we like the location and love the look of the resort! If my DH was on the DIS his screen name would be similar to your DH's, my DH grew up in West Bend, WI, so he's a fellow Packer Backer:) Looking forward to reading more!!

Thanks for reading along with us. I'd definately recommend BWV or BC for your next visit. The location is excellent with so many things within walking distance......:thumbsup2:

GO PACK GO!!!! :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter