Long wait...even with ADR's?

ekball

DIS Veteran
Just curious....

I've read a couple of times about people having long waits, even when they have made ADR's. E.g. - ADR is for 5:30, but people are not seated until 6, 6:15, or later. Does this happen a lot?

Just wondering what to expect.

Thanks for your input! :thumbsup2

We just got back from a 2 week trip. Here's the breakdown of our waits with ADR's:

5 minutes: Tony's, 50's Primetime, Sci Fi, Brown Derby, Whispering Canyon Cafe, Olivia's, Grand Floridian Cafe

10 minutes: Mitsukoshi, Alfredo's

20 minutes: Cape May Cafe

30 minutes: Kona Cafe, Concourse Steakhouse

45 minutes: San Angel Inn

Hope that helps!

ekball said:
Just curious....

I've read a couple of times about people having long waits, even when they have made ADR's. E.g. - ADR is for 5:30, but people are not seated until 6, 6:15, or later. Does this happen a lot?

Just wondering what to expect.

We just got back and did the dining plan so we had one sit down a day. I usually booked the first dinner seating at a restaurant so we wouldn't have a wait of more than five minutes with the three kids. So for some 4:00 dinner at Le Cellier is early, but for us it is just easier. Our longest wait was probably at the Crystal Palace, but still not more than 10 minutes. I think it depends upon the restaurant and time of meal.

During our trip last Thanksgiving, we showed up early for all our ADRs. I think the most we had to wait was about 15 minutes at Le Cellier. The other ADRs where we showed up 5-10 minutes early, we were seated within about 5 minutes.

There were a couple of times when we showed up 30-45 minutes early. In those instances, we did have to wait about 20 minutes to be seated, but still beat our original ADR.

Ohana and LTT were these two. We waited a while, BUT we were significantly early.

I was just wondering myself.
Does it make a difference when your ADR's are? As in 7pm you have more chance of a long wait? Most of our ADR's are for 5pm to 5:30 pm. I'll make them earlier if I need to... my DS2 needs to be eating by 6pm or we have a very unhappy child!!!

I have not had really long waits lately. Maybe 15-20 minutes, during really busy times, but nothing real long.

LeCellier was the the only restaurant that we had a long wait with last year during free dining. We waited about 45 minutes there. At Crystal Palace, O'Hana, Sci-Fi diner, Yacht Club Galley, and WCC we didn't have more than a 5 - 10 minute wait.

I agree that having the first dinner (or lunch) seating of the day helps us get seated faster. When the crowds are highest (7pm or so), the wait times CAN get lengthy.

took

We were there July 10-18 of this year, and with ADRs every evening for between 5:30 and 6:00, we never waited more than about 10 minutes (maybe 15 at CP). We ate at Crystal Palace, Mama Melrose, Kona, Boma, Restaurant Akershus, Chef Mickey, Whispering Canyon, and 'Ohana. We had no problems at all.

We've only ever had that happen at LeCellier. Everywhere else we were usually seated within 10 minutes.

Last August we were always seated within 10 minutes. It helps to arrive on time or preferably a few minutes early. The longest waits for us were at Alfredo's and Tony's.

Thanks for the responses...they were just what I needed to hear! :thumbsup2 Sounds like we should be OK - I booked as early as I could (earliest ADR being 4:30, latest being 5:50 I believe) because of the kids - no way could we go much later than that. So it sounds like we should be in pretty good shape since our ADR's are pretty early.

Can't wait! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Thanks again.

The only place we ever waited more than 5-10 minutes with an ADR was at Chef Mickeys. There were 9 of us, and they probably only have a few tables able to fit that many people but it was January, so we were a little surprised. We waited about 40 minutes.

Fabooliss said:
I was just wondering myself.
Does it make a difference when your ADR's are? As in 7pm you have more chance of a long wait? Most of our ADR's are for 5pm to 5:30 pm. I'll make them earlier if I need to... my DS2 needs to be eating by 6pm or we have a very unhappy child!!!

Yes, almost always...the later the seating, the more the problems can compound. Any problems or late seatings, or overbooking or whatever, tends to increase as the evening goes on. Of course, there are exceptions, but when we have seatings at 5:00pm, as opposed to 7:00pm the wait, if any, is virtually nil.

We make ADRs for every trip, and we've only had to wait over an hr for LTT. We've usually had longer wait times with ADRs at 50's Primetime and LeCellier, but most times it's no longer than 1/2 hour :)

We had to wait at OHANA's before. With ADR's 30 minutes or so. That's because the people that where done eating would'nt leave till after the fireworks. The hostess even told us when we checked in. So now i try to lpan my ADR's there around the fireworks show. whether before or after does'nt really matter. Just perfer not milling aroundwaiting to be seated.

In a two week trip taken from July 14-29 we only had a noticeable wait at Le Cellier and that was not really prolonged. I would say Le Cellier was about 10 minutes and Coral Reef was about 5, for the rest we were seated nearly immediately.

My ex and I once had a 2 p.m. ADR for Sci-Fi...when we got there, we were told it would be a 50-minute wait. And it was. Yet they began seating walk-ins that arrived AFTER us!

An hour for Chef Mickeys in 2005. Those without ADRs were not getting in at all.

About 45 minutes for Rose and Crown, for seating to see Illuminations during dinner in 2003. Well worth the wait. Again those without ADRs were either not getting in or had a very long wait.

Worst ADR I've had was 50s PT Cafe in 2005. 45 minute wait for a rather early dinner (4:30 pm) for a party of four. There was no reason for the long delay that I could see.

Otherwise ADRs have all been less than 15 minutes.

Had 30 minute minimum waits at Boma (dinner) and Cape May Cafe (dinner), but pretty sure everything else has been less than 15 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter