• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Long Term Car Rental?

DVCjj

DIS Veteran
Anyone snowbird and rent a 3 month car from MCO? Would need for Cocoa Beach area / Disney.

Any chance of approximate cost and if any companies to stay away from? Worth sticking to an Enterprise type company? Would definitely choose economy first. Don't need big or luxury.

Thanks for any input. Total novice on this. Never even drive on our 3-4 trips to Disney a year. Always Disney transportation.
First year trying this snowbird thing (radical for us).

Try thru Costco if ur a member and agree, check for monthly and search each for codes which are rampant. Good luck n safe travels!

Thank you so much. I never heard of Sixt but will investigate. Totally forgot about codes. Thank you.

I realize renting is second nature to everyone in the universe (and even snowbirding) but we are old and a whole new experience.

Sixt is one of the biggest car rental co. in Europe & like Aldi supermarkets is expanding

into U.S.A. & in other parts of the world . check their price .

Anyone snowbird and rent a 3 month car from MCO? Would need for Cocoa Beach area / Disney.

Any chance of approximate cost and if any companies to stay away from? Worth sticking to an Enterprise type company? Would definitely choose economy first. Don't need big or luxury.

Thanks for any input. Total novice on this. Never even drive on our 3-4 trips to Disney a year. Always Disney transportation.
First year trying this snowbird thing (radical for us).

You might want to try Turo.com
Lots of options and very competitive.
They are the Airbnb of Vehicles.

Any chance of approximate cost and if any companies to stay away from? Worth sticking to an Enterprise type company? Would definitely choose economy first.
I've never rented long term from MCO but I have from other airports. I'm an Enterprise member so I always use them.

It was suggested you call to get an estimate; that's the very best option.Most car rental companies will offer a better rate for a three month rental that way. Right now, using Nov to Feb the rate is $1,040 per month. That's just using the website.

We rented last December, it was better for us to do the monthly rate, for two months. We just returned and picked up a different suv on the date of monthly rental end. Ie 12/17-1/17, then 1/17-2/17. Would have kept our same vehicle if we could have, but it had been sold. There are no drop charges in FL, so you can probably do the exchange at the cocoa beach location. Although you’ll have to see if the rate is good. I never thought to call and ask for a two month rate. We paid about 850.00/month for a standard suv. I book the free cancellation rate, and recommend you check rates again a few times before you go, you might find a lower rate.

Don’t rent it from the airport. If you rent at the airport then rent it for one day and then do a new rental at an off airport location. Otherwise you’re going to pay airport concession fees and customer facility charges.

Good point, spiders.

I just checked the same company about 8 miles from MCO and it's $808/month. I suspect going even farther from the airport will get better rates. Very much worth a $20 or $30 rideshare.

Check your insurance. You may only be covered for rentals of 31 or fewer days with your regular policy, so you may need to add coverage, either through your insurer, the rental company, or a third party. Alternately, do multiple monthly rentals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter