• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Long story/question please help

jonna30

Mouseketeer
We are a party of 12 (6 & 6) sharing 3 rooms. One party is coming from Colorado on a Friday night one from Arizona on a Saturday morning (8:30). By the time we were able to book our flights, and know for sure exactly when we were coming in, the free dining promo was over (which we were already booked for). In the end, the party from Arizona was unable to add a night to their reservations for the two kids from the other party that were sharing room #2. Following?? Anyway, the CO family said they would all just squeeze into one room for just one night - not going to parks or anything. HERE's the PROBLEM - we didn't think about Magic Express. Will we be able to get those two kids transported to DW? They really aren't expecting them until Saturday, but they get in on Friday?????? WHAT were we thinking??? Solutions? It is too much to rent vehicles for our stay, plus other than this, we really won't need them. It seems unreasonable to add a night to the reservation for $110 just to get them transported. Can you rent a car for one way only? Is there a cheap service to take one adult and one child to DW? UGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! TIA

ME won't transport you unless you are on the reservation. Everyone needs a voucher. You could rent a towncar for a one way trip for about $70. I think a taxi might be less than that.

You can rent a car one-way. I'm not sure what that would cost. You could always check into the Mears shuttle.

You can rent a car one-way. I'm not sure what that would cost. You could always check into the Mears shuttle.
Mears no longer takes reservations for rides to WDW owned-and-operated resorts. However, you can buy such a ride at the airport. Once at MCO, you can go to the Mears desk and buy a transfer to a WDW resort. Ironically, many people who pay for this end up getting transit on a DME bus.

But please pay attention to what I said, you CAN'T book this in advance. If you call Mears on the phone and ask, they'll deny that they have rides to WDW resorts (other than though the DME system). But when you go to their desk, they willo sell you a ride.

The question is, how much cheaper is a Mears ride for 2 people versus the cost of a car service one-way??? In my opinion, it's worth it to pay for the one-way car service ride if the price is anywhere close.

It cannot be unreasonable to add a night or book a night for the benefit of the last two members of the party.

Because squeezing them as persons 5 and 6 into a 4 person room is not permitted.

If they wish, they could book a room-only reservation in a different resort for the one night in question if that would cost less. And this solves the Magical Express problem too. After check out, transporting the baggage to another resort to commence a stay there is free, although not part of Magical Express.

Disney hints: http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

You're really going to need to add that extra room night.

Aside from being illegal (against fire code and Disney policy), there's just not going to be enough room. All-Star rooms are very small, and they really can only fit 4.

Remember, you're not adding $110 for transportation... you're adding for an extra room, so that everyone has a bed to sleep in. Trust me, you will be very thankful you got the room instead of squeezing. Don't forget, it'll come in handy in the morning time too, when everyone is showering.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter