• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Long island new york dvc members page

Will you be visiting WALT DISNEY WORLD this summer?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
I agree with Jeff that a character would have been a nice touch. I have no idea what restrictions D2D staff may have been dealing with in organizing this event, other than the obvious limited space. I'm sure they tried to think of everything, but unless you are doing these events alot, it's hard to perfect them. There's no way that everyone I saw there at 11:30 could have all fit comfortably inside that space had they not been letting people inside using the group method they had setup. It wasn't a bad plan, and I'm sure they realized some of the same things that we did.

I'd love to see them add another date for this event next year, so that people who were unable to make it might have a better chance.

As far as the bags, I don't recall being told that we'd get anything other than the ornaments. As a PP said, they were probably intended to be given to those families who took the additional step of inquiring about adding points. Being in the last group of the day, there may have been a more lax attitude in giving out these bags. Perhaps earlier in the day it was more strict because they had a limited supply?? :confused3 Perhaps they still have some.

Above everything else, my biggest disappointment was that I didn't get to meet anybody from the DIS there!

I think you might be mistaken about being the last group if you went in at 4:30. I didn't get there till after 5:00 and was there till they started cleaning up. It was awesome bc we had no wait what so ever. We missed the Mary poppins part though :-( the ornament is not as cute as the ones we got last year lol

I wish they had the option to purchase the pin that you can get at the event in Florida. I am a big pin collector and hate that I can't get that pin without being down there during a time of year that is impossible for me to do.

I think you might be mistaken about being the last group if you went in at 4:30. I didn't get there till after 5:00 and was there till they started cleaning up. It was awesome bc we had no wait what so ever. We missed the Mary poppins part though :-( the ornament is not as cute as the ones we got last year lol

I wish they had the option to purchase the pin that you can get at the event in Florida. I am a big pin collector and hate that I can't get that pin without being down there during a time of year that is impossible for me to do.

Could it be we were in the same group?? We left D2D at 6pm and I didn't see the curtain open or any other groups come out while we were inside (but we did step into the BLT demo rooms for a few minutes). I just checked the time stamp on DW's camera and she took a couple of pics of our kids with the mickey statue while we were waiting to go into the presentation part. That was at 5.

We were at our first and only WDW mixer last year and we got the pin. Is anyone going down to one this year?? maybe we can put in a pin order?? :rotfl:

I agree with Jeff that a character would have been a nice touch. I have no idea what restrictions D2D staff may have been dealing with in organizing this event, other than the obvious limited space. I'm sure they tried to think of everything, but unless you are doing these events alot, it's hard to perfect them. There's no way that everyone I saw there at 11:30 could have all fit comfortably inside that space had they not been letting people inside using the group method they had setup. It wasn't a bad plan, and I'm sure they realized some of the same things that we did.

I'd love to see them add another date for this event next year, so that people who were unable to make it might have a better chance.

As far as the bags, I don't recall being told that we'd get anything other than the ornaments. As a PP said, they were probably intended to be given to those families who took the additional step of inquiring about adding points. Being in the last group of the day, there may have been a more lax attitude in giving out these bags. Perhaps earlier in the day it was more strict because they had a limited supply?? :confused3 Perhaps they still have some.

Above everything else, my biggest disappointment was that I didn't get to meet anybody from the DIS there!
And i do agree we could not say Hi !

I will also add that they had the same event in the doorway to dreams in Shamburg ILL , and I just talked to a friend there they had Mickey and Minnie alternating there , but i'm waiting on a responce to see if they rented the comedy club they use for an event 1 1/2 years ago or they had it at the doorway to dreams like we did .

Good day fellow LI DVC'ers. I am the OP of this site. I see it has slowed down so I am giving it a kickstart. The Holidays are almost upon us. I hope everyones shopping is done. I am sure some of you have a few Disney surprises under the tree. We will be back home (BLT) in February. Going down for The Daytona 500, a round of golf, and a few good meals. We have become very fond at the atmosphere and food at THE HOUSE OF BLUES. Looking forward to seeing the new MK. Will also update construction at GF. Stay warm and get that shopping done if your not finished.

P.S. Was very surprised that the DISNEY STORE closed down at the SUNRISE MASSAPEQUA MALL. I was never that happy to walk into the DISNEY story. Thats a feeling I only want when I am at WDW.

MERRY CHRISTMAS LI DVCER'S

happy holidays to all
wow i did not know they closed that one down are they redoing it ? or is it closed permently ?
hope you have a nice trip we are not going again till 2013 another dream cruise / wdw time .
other then that we have 3 xmas trees fake one for me and wife and one each for the kids that they decorated . cannot wait for all the holidays to be over this year went really fast .
Happy Holidays again to all hope we can all get together soon and say Hi

Hi everyone,
I just found this thread. Peter and Tabitha here from West Sayville. We are BLT Owners since Jan. 2011. Our first DVC trip is planned for Feb. 2012. :banana:

~Tabitha

What a great thread idea! Tara and Sean from Yaphank!! Owners since 2007 at BWV!!

Hi everyone,
I just found this thread. Peter and Tabitha here from West Sayville. We are BLT Owners since Jan. 2011. Our first DVC trip is planned for Feb. 2012. :banana:

~Tabitha
welcome to our happy LI place and I hope you guys have a magical trip :wizard:

Hi everyone,

~Tabitha

We will also be at BLT Feb/2012. Look for us at poolside. We will be the ones with happy smiling faces.

When is everyone's next trip?? Ours is May 7th at our home away from home Villas at Wilderness Lodge. We are celebrating out 24th wedding Anniversary. Luckily I am a planner and am going to F&W in Sept/Oct and am staying at VWL then, too!

DH and I will be there from 1/23 to 1/30 at BCV. We're meeting up with his family. We will have 3 nights together and then the rest of the week, it's just the two of us! :yay:

After that, I have a girls only trip planned with my mom and my sister for 5/9 through 5/13 at BLT.:cheer2:

i hoping im going to say this right . Queens is tectnically NY -NYC they are basically our brothers next door :wizard:

I'm a Brooklyn boy (Canarsie to be exact). Queens is a borough of New York City. Physically, it is on the stretch of land called Long Island. And so is Brooklyn.

The Battle of Long Island during the Revolution took place in Brooklyn.

Long Island is made up of four counties two of which are in the confines of NYC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter