• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

long hold on phone-trying to make reservations

tinkerbellfriend

Earning My Ears
Has anyone had any problems with being on hold for a long time when trying to make a reservation? I have tried two different numbers. (1-407-939-7740 and 1-407-939-1936). Last night, I called the first number and got a recording saying all circuits were busy. Then I tried the second number and was on hold for 10 minutes, never speaking to anyone just the automated stuff, so I hung up. I called back today and called the first number and got the same recording. So I tried the second number and have been on hold for 8 minutes as of right now. I am getting very frustrated...not sure what is going on. I have never had this problem before.

I have been on hold a few times for over 30 minutes? I would say that are just busy.

The number I have in my phone is 407-939-7675. Not sure if it's a current number, but I just tried it and got the "all circuits are busy now" recording. I am sure they are busier than usual because this month is Disney month at AAA where AAA really cranks out Disney bookings, which many agents do by phone, and also because of the new promo released yesterday. However, I would guess this is probably just a glitch. I know the site was being glitchy yesterday, outside of the new web site problems as of late.

Finally got through after waiting 12 minutes. Thanks for the feedback. I know they are busy but just never had to wait that long before.

Waited over 20 minutes yesterday for a Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique reservation.

I was on hold for 30 minutes yesterday trying to modify a resort reservation for my SIL. I also got the "all circuits are busy" message too the first time I tried calling. I attributed it to the new discounts being released.

Glad you got through!

I waited for almost 40 minutes last night to modify our resort reservation. It was worth it though - able to move from AOA LM room to CBR for less money! Can't wait for our trip!!!

I was on hold for 75 minutes on Monday -- and had to hang up at that point. I was on hold for 20 minutes on Wednesday but did get through then. Today I was on hold for the Magical Express number (and when they finally answered, they said they couldn't take my Magical Express information and that I needed to call the resort number.) I am getting the "all circuits busy" response on the resorts number.

Apparently Disney has decided to make the quality of their phone service match the quality of their website..... :rotfl:

I am shocked on how long some of you had to be on hold. Out of the five trips I have been on, I have never encountered this. Guess I have been lucky.

I am shocked on how long some of you had to be on hold. Out of the five trips I have been on, I have never encountered this. Guess I have been lucky.

I suspect that the disaster that has been the new website the past couple of weeks has forced a lot of folks to try the phone lines instead.

I suspect that the disaster that has been the new website the past couple of weeks has forced a lot of folks to try the phone lines instead.

This. We're right at the 180+10 window for booking 4th of July ADRs, and the new website won't let you book the +10.

I was on hold for 35 minutes with 407-WDW-DINE and got disconnected- their end kicked me out.

I was on hold 45 minutes again with 407-WDW-DINE and it kicked me out of the system into the post-call survey

I then called 407-W-DISNEY and was on hold for 20 minutes, and the reservations CM stayed on the line with me until they could get a dining agent on the phone :confused3

I called last week to make some changes to our resort reservation and was on hold 40+ min before I finally got through. That was on the 3rd call, the other 2 were 20 and 30 min and I had to hang up. I was in bed with the the flu so it's not like I had anything else to do. My MIL also had 30+ min hold times and was disconnected 2x's before finally getting through to change her reservation. I agree that it probably has a lot to do with the new website disaster. I sure hope they get that figred out soon!

I must be cursed because I have been on hold for long periods of time every time I've called for the past 22 years! :rotfl:

Thursday i was on hold for an hour just to check a pin! And still didnt get the best answers even though the CMs were nice. They all seemed to be having problems with their computer system.

We tried calling yesterday and couldn't get through for hours. That's the first time I've ever heard the all circuits are busy prompt!

It's been a couple of weeks since you all were reporting issues, but I just wanted to say that I called last night and was only on hold for about 2 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter