• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Long Bay or Jost van Dyke?

brandyleeann

Mouseketeer
Hi there,

Does anyone have any recent experiences at either Long Bay or Jost van Dyke in Tortola? We have a 3 year old and a 5 year old, so the Jost excursion might be a challenge as it looks like quite a hike to get there (off the cruise ship, onto a boat, and then a tender) but it looks like there might be more to do for kids (water trampoline etc...). From an ease of access, Long Bay looks preferable, but I am just wondering what the kids will do unless there are floats and such to rent the way you can on Castaway.

Thanks!

Just a bump to see if anyone has been to these areas and has any opinions in the past few months?

Jost Van Dyke ALWAYS. Not much shopping, very laid back - cool history. Perfect for sand sun and surf.

I'll always be about JVD, but it's been about 20 years since I've been there, and that was before the cruise ships regularly brought excursions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter