Logistics question-eating at a different resort

minmate

I can show you the world... Don't you dare close y
Not sure if this goes here or elsewhere, but:

1) If we want to eat at say, Boma at AKL, after AK closes, theoretically, we could take a bus to AKL straight from AK, correct?
Then after we eat, how do we get back to ASMu? The quickest would seem to be to take a bus back to AK then transfer to a bus to ASMu, but if AK is "closed" will that option be available?

2) How long do buses run after a particular theme park closes? How long to DTD buses run?

you have the option to A. take a cab B. transfer at a park that is still open or Downtown Disney.

Downtown Disney and Pleasure Island are your best bets for after park travel between hotels. Since both are usually open late there will be buses from AK to DTD and PI (same bus 2 stops). Get off at DTD then wait for your hotel bus.

ALSO, Animal Kingodm tends to close earlier than the other parks. Somtimes 5pm. If you have earlier dinner reservations (5 or 5:30pm) there should still be buses going to EPCOT from AK for 9pm Illuminations. If that's the case you can also take a bus from AK to EPCOT then get on a bus from EPCOT to your hotel.

The following is a "Transportation Calculator."

http://www.ourlaughingplace.com/asp/twiz.aspx

I've found these times generally to be somewhat over-stated.

And...
a route/connection or two may not be valid at this time, and a few routes may not be listed.

Oh, and I believe buses continue to travel about an hour after park closes.
I wouldn't worry - there will be buses to DTD & Pleasure Island.

When we stayed at AKL, the buses to AKL would go by AK after it closed after it dropped passengers at the AKL. It took me several rides on the AKL bus to understand why the driver said he was also stopping at AK hours it had closed. It is apparently not unusual for people to take a bus to another park after (or shortly before) AK closes and leave their personal transportation at AK.

Believe me, I hate paying for things that are otherwise free (like transportation around "the World") but for around $10 a taxi will take you door-to-door without waiting for a bus or transferring anywhere. It was well worth it, more relaxing, more convenient, and much, much quicker.

Really $10? I think that's a deal. I checked out the transportation site and it would take our family 45 minutes to get to AKL from PO. I'll pay $20 round trip to miss the bus at night.

Are taxi's readily available at the resorts? Or how much time do you need to call in advance?

Not sure if this goes here or elsewhere, but:

1) If we want to eat at say, Boma at AKL, after AK closes, theoretically, we could take a bus to AKL straight from AK, correct?
Then after we eat, how do we get back to ASMu? The quickest would seem to be to take a bus back to AK then transfer to a bus to ASMu, but if AK is "closed" will that option be available?

2) How long do buses run after a particular theme park closes? How long to DTD buses run?

Honestly, I would take a cab. Why? Because taking the bus will take you about 40 minutes to an hour because you will have to travel to a park and then back to ASMu. However, ASMu is about a 3 minute drive from AKL. Seriously. It is right down the road so a taxi ride is not going to cost very much at all.

Having said that, if you were just using AKL and ASMu as examples than it would really be dependent on where you were trying to eat. But just as a word of advice, I would stay as fay away as possible from doing a transfer at Downtown Disney unless you plan to go and shop/eat there. The busing system is notoriously slow there.

If you can/want to afford it, take a cab. It is a long trip to a park/DTD and then back to your hotel. What would be a 10 min cab ride could become an hour on/waiting for busses. If you are ok with the bus tho, look at a DW map and see which park (That is still open) will be the mid point form the two hotels.

Cab it!! So much more convenient and not too expensive...unless you're travelling from Ohana to Pop Century--tends to get pricey ;)

I would also say to take a taxi back to All Star Music since they are not located far away from the Animal Kingdom Lodge. While taking the bus to Downtown Disney and transferring buses does not cost any money, it would take a lot longer and Downtown Disney is on the other side of WDW compared to the location of the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Minor warning: the taxis don't have 'set' fares, they charge by the fraction of a mile. AKL to ASM is likely around $10; that does NOT mean AKL to POR would be in the same range.

busses continue two hours after the park closes... there are still many people left in the park well after it closes (especially in a place like mgm where fantasmic is at the same time the park closes)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter